Disappointing Mail

Shoppie124

Sailed on NCL 17 times. Our 18th cruise is coming up on the Joy in July. Got the same letter the other week that the OP has gotten. First time ever. Also a week later received luggage tags in the mail, again 1st time ever. And, no we are not in the Haven and never have been. Thought it might be something new they are trying to keep customers informed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ColinIllinois said:

I believe that the Haven guests still get luggage tags in the mail.  Not positive about that but they should.

We haven't cruised on NCL for a while but we did NOT got luggage tags in the mail 2015. (Maybe Americans get them in the mail?)

16 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

That may be the case but does anywhere in the original post say that they are in the Haven?

My thoughts. I think it has been about 5 years since they sent luggage tags and printing them on line is ok with us. 

17 hours ago, ColinIllinois said:

I believe that the Haven guests still get luggage tags in the mail.  Not positive about that but they should.

Yes, they do.  We got them in the mail for our TA this year and last year.

Edited by Carnac767

Although it's the 21st century, there are still people out there that book their cruises through a lands-based agent or over the phone. What you received is for everyone so those that don't go online know that it is actually imperative to do so. Imagine if you are a passenger that doesn't have the internet and you went to check in the day or your cruise. Without your online docs, you wouldn't be allowed on. NCL is covering their bases by mailing out this letter that gives the basics on going online ahead of time to do the check-in paperwork, book shows and restaurants, etc. Waste of s stamp? Probably for 98% of all passengers, but for that 2%, it's a pretty important letter.

On 6/25/2019 at 11:24 AM, ColinIllinois said:

You do. I got mine on Friday for our 8/9 Haven Getaway Cruise along with a concierge letter....

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Shoppie, is it Lisa, anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the well wishes; got the issue straightened out today... I am so Good to go!! 😁

It’s both.  I’m so glad! Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 1:18 PM, Shoppie124 said:

Sooo..  A little background... We are used to vacationing at the house of the mouse... they bombard you with emails and snail mail.. for planning, luggage tags, magic bands, etc

I have been on these boards reading learning and planning our upcoming cruise.  I received this envelope today... To my disappointment it  more of an advertisement for their website.. no concierge letter, no luggage tags, no new info 😪

It’s too early for luggage tags and a concierge letter Those will show up on July 8th.