What has the Diamond Concierge ever done?

1 hour ago, loveheart said:

May I ask the general amount? 

Just $20 in an 'outstanding service' envelope. Just wanted to let him know we appreciated his efforts. It's the first time I tipped the concierge but felt he had done a good job and should be recognized for that.

Edited by sgmn

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think Mario Concierge on Serenade 

Thanks. If it was Mario Reyes he was our very first suite concierge on Liberty. I didn't realize he was still with the company. He was awesome at his job.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, loveheart said:

Do people usually  tip the Diamond concierge at the end of the cruise.?

I tip the concierge if they have done something for me.  I think I have made use of the concierge on half my sailings.  If I have drinks in the Diamond Lounge I tip the servers. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Just $20 in an 'outstanding service' envelope. Just wanted to let him know we appreciated his efforts. It's the first time I tipped the concierge but felt he had done a good job and should be recognized for that.

Thanks, that's the kind of amount I was thinking of.

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

We did on Rhapsody. Alan, the concierge didn't do anything special in particular, but he was so pleasent, greeting everyone like a long lost friend, making sure everyone had a seat and was comfortable, helping the waiters with topping up glasses and generally being an excellent host. 

Alan is very pleasant and has taken care of our needs on several cruises! He is most attentive during the Cocktail hours and goes out of his way to find seating for guests when the DL is crowded.

16 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I hate that stuff! 😕

What a total useless waist of my and the servants time! 😱

I am usually just too lazy to tell them to cut it off! 🙄

Just don't answer the phone and save yourself the aggravation.

7 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

The call could be about something important!

I wish there would be an option to block these calls....👍

If it's important they'll leave a voicemail.  That's how I deal with it.

6 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

If it's important they'll leave a voicemail.  That's how I deal with it.

Thats what I do too - but then I have to waist my time to deal with voice mails that are nothing but a waist of time.....

Which brings us back to the topic the conciarge should make sure the coffee machine runns 24/ 7 not waste my ( and others ) time making stupid and unecessary calls!🙄

12 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

They will leave a message if it's important.

They allways leave a message....no matter what it is!🙄

Most liekely they even ask you to call back......just to ask you if all is OK!🤮😱

If I ever answer when the time waister is on the other end.....that will be a call he will remeberfor sure!👍😜

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

20 hours ago, Static events said:

Hi all,

What exactly is the point/role of the Diamond Concerige?

They don’t appear to have much authority to make things happen? I think it could be such a great resource but just misses the mark. 

I guess the second question is... has the Diamond concerige even gone above and beyond for you?

A lot just got off the Adventure 2 weeks ago Cristopfher Dohkit was wonderfull We made a complaint to him about

something (didnt happen) got 2 bottles of champane that we share with our friends.

He could not be any nicer...Got a charge for a drink in the bar before 8;00 pm that nite was REMOVED.....

They go out their way to make you happy

It's like having a fast pass to guest services if they are on duty.  So that can be useful. 

Some are more hospitable than others.  Some do a terrific job of making guests feel welcomed, others ride out their time staring at a computer screen.  

Considering they are guest services staff, I haven't asked any concierge for anything outside of what I'd ask at the GS desk, so no, none has gone above and beyond.  I have seen people monopolize a concierge time and make some pretty unreasonable requests.  I think their role has a somewhat limited scope as to what they can or can't do. 

21 hours ago, Static events said:

Hi all,

What exactly is the point/role of the Diamond Concerige?

They don’t appear to have much authority to make things happen? I think it could be such a great resource but just misses the mark. 

I guess the second question is... has the Diamond concerige even gone above and beyond for you?

A lot just got off the Adventure 2 weeks ago Cristopher Dohookit was the man complaint about something (didnt happen)

got 2 bottles of chanpaine share with our friends in the diamond club,got charge in the bar for a drink before 8:00 PM,

was removed

He made sure we were happy,A lot they can do..Thanks Chris.....

They made sure your cruise is a happy one within reason....

SAM_0456.JPG

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Thats what I do too - but then I have to waist my time to deal with voice mails that are nothing but a waist of time.....

Which brings us back to the topic the conciarge should make sure the coffee machine runns 24/ 7 not waste my ( and others ) time making stupid and unecessary calls!🙄

It's not a waste of time if it is important and the concierge rings so they are not unnecessary calls.

The coffee machine in every DL we have been in works.

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

They allways leave a message....no matter what it is!🙄

Most liekely they even ask you to call back......just to ask you if all is OK!🤮😱

If I ever answer when the time waister is on the other end.....that will be a call he will remeberfor sure!👍😜

They don't always leave us a message but obviously they likely leave messages for other guests.If we ever got a call from the DL concierge I would not consider them to be time wasters and would be polite to them like I am to all cruise members.

• Like 1