Voyager's Royal Amplified Upgrades Announced

2 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Thanks for the links.

Slightly underwhelmed - apart from the slides and revamped teen area, it just seems to be new cabins.

20yr old ship, at least still updating/upgrading it...

• Like 2

Am I reading this right? The only additions are " The Perfect Storm", " Battle for Planet Z laser tag" and more staterooms?

What about the other additions that other voyager-class ships got? Where's the Sky Pad? Bamboo Lounge? Playmakers....?

Seems like yet again Aus/NZ/Sth Pac receive under investment 😞

Edited by brad_p
typo
  • Like 5

Just now, brad_p said:

Am Ireading this right? The only additions are " The Perfect Storm", " Battle for Planet Z laser tag" and more staterooms?

What about the other additions that other voyager-class ships got? Where's the Sky Pad? Bamboo Lounge? Playmakers....?

Seems like yet again Aus/NZ/Sth Pac receive under investment 😞

I wouldn't expect to see SkyPads added to any other ships. Very surprised to see the lack of a Bamboo Room and Playmakers though.

1 minute ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I wouldn't expect to see SkyPads added to any other ships. Very surprised to see the lack of a Bamboo Room and Playmakers though.

Renewing the contract on CATS was expensive 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, brad_p said:

Am I reading this right? The only additions are " The Perfect Storm", " Battle for Planet Z laser tag" and more staterooms? ... 😞

Suite lounge and 72 more staterooms.  The 52 staterooms they added the last time were not enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Suite lounge and 72 more staterooms.  The 52 staterooms they added the last time were not enough.

Well there's always been a suite lounge but glad it's getting an upgrade.

Our next cruise is an OS on Voyager so was hanging out for better news than this. With all those staterooms I think the reserved show seating will be very handy!

Just now, brad_p said:

Well there's always been a suite lounge but glad it's getting an upgrade.

Our next cruise is an OS on Voyager so was hanging out for better news than this. With all those staterooms I think the reserved show seating will be very handy!

I thought Voyager had a CL not a SL?

• Like 1

I was watching for Voyager news since the Explorer follows early next year. I have the EX booked out of Rome next August and wanted to see what RCI was doing with the Voyager as I assume that the refurbishment will be similar. From what I read it’s very underwhelming but then again with part of the year spent cruising from Asia may play into their plans with adding additional bars. Now that the EX is back stateside part of the year hopefully her AMP will more closely resemble the MR and NV.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brad_p said:

My bad, I thought they were the same thing - a lounge for GS+ only?

Not quite.  The CL also allows Diamond Plus and Pinnacle.   The SL only allows Pinnacle (in addition to the GS +)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dsvd79 said:

And the Diamonds, Diamond Plus get access to a green space?  I'm guessing similar to Celebrity?

They will still have the very crowded Diamond Lounge.

More highlights to make their way to Voyager include 72 new inside and balcony staterooms, a Suite Lounge and outdoor area – exclusively for guests in Grand Suites and above; and the Diamond Lounge for members of Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society loyalty program. The reimagined ship will also feature the new Royal Caribbean International mobile app. Travelers can soon check in for their cruise vacation from their phone, and once on board, the app will deliver an array of capabilities. From exploring and planning activities for each day of the itinerary, and viewing onboard expenses, to booking and managing dining, shore excursion and show reservations, guests will be able to seamlessly transition into vacation mode.