mini usb travel blender cup OR will anyone on board blend for me?

Weeziblu

I haven't been able to find this answer anywhere.  I have a nutritional powder that I mix into a shake daily for my digestion issues.  I typically travel with my regular nutra bullet blender but this will be the first time I cruising since I've needed to take this supplement.  I have looked at all kinds of mini portable blenders and figured that I could probably make due with a mini version that is cordless and  charges with a usb. But I also wondered if any of the bars or the coffee shop might be willing to blend for me?  Does anyone have any experience with this?  

I doubt they would blend it for you. They’d have to completely sanitize the equipment because of contamination issues. 

Can you use one one of those bottles that has a metal ball/ mixer  in it? My bil uses those for his protein shakes. 

Edited by pohlerbear
  • Like 1

I was just going to type what pohlerbear said...those hand mixers with the metal whisk ball work just fine. I have used them many times with powdered mixes.

On a ship with a few thousand people, I’m sure you won’t be the only one using some type of powder that needs blending. 

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

On a ship with a few thousand people, I’m sure you won’t be the only one using some type of powder that needs blending. 

Probably not.  But to be clear to the OP you will need to bring your own mixer such as you suggest as, previously mentioned, there will not likely be a "public" way to have the blending processed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weeziblu said:

I haven't been able to find this answer anywhere.  I have a nutritional powder that I mix into a shake daily for my digestion issues.  I typically travel with my regular nutra bullet blender but this will be the first time I cruising since I've needed to take this supplement.  I have looked at all kinds of mini portable blenders and figured that I could probably make due with a mini version that is cordless and  charges with a usb. But I also wondered if any of the bars or the coffee shop might be willing to blend for me?  Does anyone have any experience with this?  

Don't count on anyplace on the ship blending it for you, there are too many potential contamination issues. If you take the mini make sure it has enough power to do what you need, and there is probably no reason that you can't take you usual blender.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zqvol said:

Don't count on anyplace on the ship blending it for you, there are too many potential contamination issues. If you take the mini make sure it has enough power to do what you need, and there is probably no reason that you can't take you usual blender.

I saw an immersion blender at the naughty table while departing the Oasis

3 hours ago, zqvol said:

Most cruise lines prohibit electrical appliances.  

I like the Contigo blender bottles.

The bottom interior is curved, the same radius as the ball, so you don't get clumps of unmixed powder.

Get them from Amazon or other sources.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Most cruise lines prohibit electrical appliances.  

Since when has NCL imposed that rule, it is not in their terms and specifications. You can't bring devices with heating elements, but there is no prohibition against most electrical appliances, if there were you couldn't even bring a battery charger for your phone.

• Like 1

I did a quick 'net search and saw that neat USB blender.  Since it's not "electrical", but battery powered, if you had room, I'd take it.  I might even buy one for myself to take camping - daiquiris by firelight!!!

I had one of those "shaker" things - they worked if you were doing just powders.  Maybe I didn't shake long enough - I always end up with some clumps.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

Since when has NCL imposed that rule, it is not in their terms and specifications. You can't bring devices with heating elements, but there is no prohibition against most electrical appliances, if there were you couldn't even bring a battery charger for your phone.

I didn't say ALL cruise lines, I said MOST cruise lines.

On 7/8/2019 at 2:57 PM, Weeziblu said:

But I also wondered if any of the bars or the coffee shop might be willing to blend for me?  Does anyone have any experience with this?  

No personal experience, but have seen it done, at a bar, on Princess.  It's not that hard to clean a blender. 

On 7/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, slidergirl said:

I did a quick 'net search and saw that neat USB blender.  Since it's not "electrical", but battery powered, if you had room, I'd take it.  I might even buy one for myself to take camping - daiquiris by firelight!!!

I had one of those "shaker" things - they worked if you were doing just powders.  Maybe I didn't shake long enough - I always end up with some clumps.  

that's what I was thinking.. if it's a rechargeable battery it's not much different than charging my phone. 🙂 I probably should't even have asked.  I also agree with you on the shaker bottle - I *could* use one but there's a definite difference between shaking and blending.  I was hoping I could still blend.  thanks for  your input!

On 7/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, slidergirl said:

You didn't shake long enough.

Although some can leave some unmixed power in the corner where the sides and bottom meet.  Except the Contigo I mentioned previously.

38 minutes ago, SRF said:

You didn't shake long enough.

Although some can leave some unmixed power in the corner where the sides and bottom meet.  Except the Contigo I mentioned previously.

Maybe I didn't get one that was good enough - I got mine from Ikea.  Good for salad dressings, not good for powders, I guess.

PopBabies travel smoothie maker is one of the best small blenders for protein shakes and is receiving great reviews.

Lightweight, easy to take off the bottle and drink directly from there or carry with you, PopBabies mini travel blender features built-in lithium batteries and can be recharged with USB. This is why it’s easy to use anywhere.

Running at 22000 rpm, it’s fast and powerful enough to blend ice and frozen fruits as well as veggies, beans and nuts. The package includes also a small ice cube tray. Made with safe materials, this portable blender battery operated is BPA-free and FDA, CE and RoHS approved. The blades are seized up in a cup and you don’t risk to hurt your fingers.

You can either put the blender in your backpack when you are going out on a sightseeing day and make your smoothie or juice any time of the day or you can make your juice while in your room and carry only the smoothie travel cup in your bag as the lid doesn’t leak. Obviously, you can make also sauces, dips, salad dressings, milkshakes and whatever you can think of.

You can blend also hot food but not over 100°C and can’t be used in the microwave. It’s easy to clean as it can be put in the dishwasher or you can fill it with water and then press the start button. Using it often, the battery can last up to 4 or 5 days.