Signature Suite

flyer79

Our 2 previous Holland sailings (Maasdam and Volendam) were in a Vista Suite.  We are looking at a Westerdam sailing and they have Signature Suites.   Are the 2 comparable?   Any difference in layout or amenities I should be aware of?

Bathrooms are different with the Signature Suite being larger as I recall and has two lavatories.  Signature Suites are really very nice and spacious.  Visiting friends who had a Vista Suite on the Volendam, the cabin seemed crowded and cramped in comparison.

1 hour ago, flyer79 said:

Our 2 previous Holland sailings (Maasdam and Volendam) were in a Vista Suite.  We are looking at a Westerdam sailing and they have Signature Suites.   Are the 2 comparable?   Any difference in layout or amenities I should be aware of?

Westerdam SS staterooms are larger than Vista Suites on smaller HAL ships.  Here are some images:

image.png.400f9c245ebb6fda51b7126f2a185c0f.png

image.png.f9f0a0addcc515163fcea5ad19ed5ab5.png

image.png.d05c7ba7de081a5eaff2b6726ae7a279.png

Signature suites are much larger than a Vista.

DH likes the separate shower and I like the separate bathtub. 😉

they are not available on the R & S ships - and I like a lot of the R & S ships but the Signature suites on the Vista class are very nice IMO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

We love the Signature Suites!

I agree!  Signature Suites are fantastic and we have enjoyed them a number of times.  We love the bathroom and DH likes the desk and more spacious stateroom.  The verandah is larger with a table that is perfect for the upgraded room service breakfast.  We already have 5* amenities, so no need for a Neptune Suite.

We have had them on the Westerdam,Eurodam and Oosterdam.  I am sailing on the Oosterdam in Alaska this month and looking forward to the Signature Suite again!  DH and I will be on the Westerdam Solar Eclipse/Antarctica Cruise in an SS in November 2020.

Karen

• Like 1

Signature Suites are much larger and nicer than the Vista Suites on the smaller ships.  IMO, they offer the best "value" on HAL.  Plus, depending on the ship, you often get upsell offers to a Neptune.

9 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Once your in a signature suite it is hard to go back! IMO😊

Denise😊

It is like flying Premium Economy, its hard to ever go back to just main cabin economy. 

39 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

It is like flying Premium Economy, its hard to ever go back to just main cabin economy. 

LOL!!!!!!

Your So right👍

Good example! We booked our return flight from LHR to LAX on UAL with points! We are always fortunate to snag business class with points but on this trip none were available but premium plus seats which we gladly chose! Late last night we got online and up popped business available so we got them! Long flight are hard in coach!

So enjoy your cruise to Alaska!!

Denise😊

The veranda of a Signature Suite on the Vista ships (Westerdam is one) is much larger and just as deep as the Vista "suite" veranda. The cabin is half again as large, and the bathroom is MUCH larger, with two sinks, a separate shower stall, and a full tub.  No comparison, in my book. Signature suites are not that much smaller than Neptune Suites and they are laid out nicely. I love them.

We were in signature suite on westerdam and our room and bathroom was more spacious as noted in earlier comments.  We had 2 sinks and plenty of storage and nicest shower we ever had.    We were just disappointed that in our cabin the nice large TV was on the wall behind the TV........you could not sit on couch and watch TV???   So my husband sat in smaller chair and once again I sat on bed to watch TV.