shuttle service for Port Everglades

sj25

I can tell you I was also a bit timid on Uber & Lyft, two years ago we took a cruise with our kids (22-24) and they schooled dad on how easy they are to use. Once you get the app, it will take more time to fill in your information than anything else.
This past January my DW and I sailed alone and we used Uber 4x with no problems.
Like anything, there is a bit of a learning curve. Watch some videos and I'm sure you will do fine.

I downloaded both on my phone to see who had the lowest price. On our trip, Uber was always the best price.

Have a great trip!

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

I can tell you I was also a bit timid on Uber & Lyft, two years ago we took a cruise with our kids (22-24) and they schooled dad on how easy they are to use. Once you get the app, it will take more time to fill in your information than anything else.
This past January my DW and I sailed alone and we used Uber 4x with no problems.
Like anything, there is a bit of a learning curve. Watch some videos and I'm sure you will do fine.

I downloaded both on my phone to see who had the lowest price. On our trip, Uber was always the best price.

Have a great trip!

Agree...We had our youngest adult son set Uber up on our iPhone for us...and it worked out easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sj25 said:

Thanks everyone

Guess I need to step up and give it a try ... 🤔

If a dinosaur like me can figure out Uber and Lyft, so can you!  Watch a couple of You Tube videos, download the app, set up your account, and you are ready to ride.

• Like 1

Has anyone had the problem that you are *too close* to the port, and Uber doesn't want to pick you up?  (Because fare is too low.)  I am thinking about staying at the Renaissance Hotel near the port, but at least one review complained about this.  And they said the shuttle service was completely full by the time it came from other hotels.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Has anyone had the problem that you are *too close* to the port, and Uber doesn't want to pick you up?  (Because fare is too low.)  I am thinking about staying at the Renaissance Hotel near the port, but at least one review complained about this.  And they said the shuttle service was completely full by the time it came from other hotels.

We've used uber from the Crowne Plaza FLL to port 3 times.  I don't think you can stay any closer than that :)

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Uber drivers don't know where they're taking you until they accept the ride. 

On 7/10/2019 at 12:23 PM, zitsky said:

Never take the shuttle from any hotel along 17th Street hotels probably other areas as well.  Ubers or even taxis will always be cheaper and you are traveling on your schedule and not stopping at other cruise ships.  We always stay at the Renaissance and always take an Uber.   Because it is so close I usually tip a few dollars.  It's not really a problem for the Uber drivers because there are plenty of fares waiting to be picked up.  We never had a complaint.  It's such a scam with the hotels and shuttles services because the hotels get a kick-back.  Before Uber I had problems getting some hotels to call a taxi because they wanted the kick-back from me being on the shuttle.