I wish Oasis and Quantum class did longer Caribbean itineraries.

Anyone else wish these ships did longer itineraries in the Caribbean?  We tend to cruise in the winter and fly from New England.  With that in mind, I am always looking for a longer itinerary to get the most days out of of the cold weather and in the warm sun.  Unfortunately, every time I look I never find a 9 night or longer on Oasis or Allure, etc..  For this February we are booked on a 9 night on the Explorer.  While I am very excited, I do wish I had the option of going on one of the larger ships since a seven day itinerary doesn’t give as much time to enjoy both the ship and the ports.  Wonder why they  don’t....

Edited by Heatherco
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heatherco said:

Anyone else wish these ships did longer itineraries in the Caribbean?  We tend to cruise in the winter and fly from New England.  With that in mind, I am always looking for a longer itinerary to get the most days out of of the cold weather and in the warm sun.  Unfortunately, every time I look I never find a 9 night or longer on Oasis or Allure, etc..  For this February we are booked on a 9 night on the Explorer.  While I am very excited, I do wish I had the option of going on one of the larger ships since a seven day itinerary doesn’t give as much time to enjoy both the ship and the ports.  Wonder why they  don’t....

We wish they would too!!  

We have a 14 day (not back to back) booked on the Carnival Breeze, out of Port Canaveral in November.

We have not sailed Carnival in five years, but wanted a longer cruise to the Southern Caribbean to celebrate our 50th anniversary....so this fit the bill.

I love Royal so much, but looking forward to seeing 8 ports on the Breeze!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

I've found plenty to do inside, when sailing out of NJ in the winter. Then again I dont sit out in the sun, even when cruising out of Florida.  

Well I guess it is preference...a cruise where I am confined to be inside for more days is not for us....👎🙄

Have done B2B on Anthem, no problem with sea days, 21 days total.

Have also done an 11 night Southern Caribbean (down to Barbados) on her and have another 11 night booked that includes St Lucia now that they finished expanding the port to handle her.  

Also have a transatlantic booked on her.  

Unlike Oasis class there are some longer cruises on Anthem.  Time will tell what happens with Odyssey.

5 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

More like half a sea day.....🤔

Another problem is the same entertainment for 2 weeks...👎🙄

Headliner(s) is/are usually different.

1 minute ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Except on a sea day you do not have to go to the terminal and reboard.

Sure, obviously not the same, but once we are back on board we have the choice of whatever lounger we want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Sometimes.....but those have been cut to appear that often too....movies  are the new headliners....👎🙄

Unfortunately, it's starting to seem tha way.

48 minutes ago, IceChick said:

I wish they would too.  We are doing consecutive cruises this year but unfortunately doing this you can not hit the more Southern ports that a longer cruise can☹️

Depend's. I do 10/11 niters and have 4 Sea days each. Lot of 7/8niters do 4-6 Ports, doing B2B, pretty Port intensive esp sailing out of San Juan

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Depend's. I do 10/11 niters and have 4 Sea days each. Lot of 7/8niters do 4-6 Ports, doing B2B, pretty Port intensive esp sailing out of San Juan

We always have seadays.....even when in port!👍😀😂

Problem with B2B is entertainment and the "paper-work" on turnover-day....🙄

Would love to go on a Qantum - class ship ( just for the excellent welds!😜 ) but Anthem is spending WAY too much time in cold weather - during the time of year that we cruise...😥