New menu items added to Sabatini's Italian Trattoria

canadarocks

I saw the same.  The pork dish is different and the "veal wallet" is gone.  I only recognized those two as we ate there on the Grand in September and it was fabulous - those were are dishes alas.  They were wonderful.  Hope the new items are in the same class.

I guess I am in the minority. I was planning on dining at Sabatini's Trattoria at least three times on my 13 night cruise on CB coming up. But several items that I really enjoyed on Golden Princess last year (the Veal Vallet, the Calamari with fried vegges and falafel app) are gone now, replaced by items with names similar to the menu in Italian chain restaurants.

And isn't Princess Favorites just a code for "food with the same preparation and ingredients as what is served in the MDR" 🤔

Edited by fishywood
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fishywood said:

I guess I am in the minority. I was planning on dining at Sabatini's Trattoria at least three times on my 13 night cruise on CB coming up. But several items that I really enjoyed on Golden Princess last year (the Veal Vallet, the Calamari with fried vegges and falafel app) are gone now, replaced by items with names similar to the menu in Italian chain restaurants.

And isn't Princess Favorites just a code for "food with the same preparation and ingredients as what is served in the MDR" 🤔

Can you still order linguine and clams?

Or, lobster ravioli in a sage butter lobster sauce?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I planned to try the Trattoria menu on my next cruise however not much on that menu looked appealing.  This revision has so many things I’d like to try that I’ll have to go more than once.

Favorites such as the fried calamari & the burrata (tomato & balsamic reduction) are back plus there are more appealing pasta & entree courses.  Either sales were down or they listened to people like me who weren’t eager to try the previous Trattoria menu.  

Whatever the reason it’s a much improved menu for me. 😊

• Like 3

3 hours ago, canadarocks said:

New as of now (for me), when I just checked it! LOL ... I don't know when it "officially" changed. 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/sabatinis-trattoria/sabatinis-trattoria-main-menu.pdf

Thank you, looks good.  😋

New since June (or at least what was on Regal in June)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haboob said:

Thank you, looks good.  😋

New since June (or at least what was on Regal in June)

Could be different per ship the change. I was in the CB June 29th, and when I looked at the menus no revisions were made. Glad to see once again,vthey realized good old reliables never fails.

• Like 1

I am unsure if we will br trying it. It looks fantastic.

Its amuses me how a few changes and you cruisers are will to not only throw the baby and the bath water out you want to throw the bathroom out too.

Change can help you change and that could be a good thing. Its okay to try new things.

• Like 2