New menu items added to Sabatini's Italian Trattoria

canadarocks

1 hour ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Dad owned an Italian Restaurant when we were kids/teenagers...he would enjoy this selection...some really nice dishes.

In Italy?   What is his opinion of the new menu?  Does it meet with his approval?

2 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

In Italy?   What is his opinion of the new menu?  Does it meet with his approval?

No, not in Italy...it was in Garden City SC.

I'd love to get his opinion but he passed away a number of years ago.

Wonderful improvement. We haven’t tried Sabatini’s in a while  because of a very disappointing meal. I look forward to enjoying many of the new options. Now, I hope the Crown Grill menu is updated. The appetizers and desserts are so so. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fishywood said:

I guess I am in the minority. I was planning on dining at Sabatini's Trattoria at least three times on my 13 night cruise on CB coming up. But several items that I really enjoyed on Golden Princess last year (the Veal Vallet, the Calamari with fried vegges and falafel app) are gone now, replaced by items with names similar to the menu in Italian chain restaurants.

And isn't Princess Favorites just a code for "food with the same preparation and ingredients as what is served in the MDR" 🤔

Yep, that food preference thing raises its ugly head on every menu and recipe change.  From our perspective, the change in offerings will bring us back to Sabatini's in November on CB.  We like to try each of the specialty venues and then decide whether they are of our liking. The last iteration (the one you enjoyed) was something that didn't appeal to us. 

As for the Princess favorites, you could be very well right.  There are some favorites that deserve to be on that menu, the veal ravioli come to mind (one that didn't make it to the new menu). My sense is that Princess saw a decline in patronage at at Sabatini's and decided that a return to the Italian - American menu might increase use.  I applaud them for doing a change if they indeed saw a downward trend in the venue.

Having read your posts over the years, my belief is that the new Sabatini's will see you trying out the menu to see if you like it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, candide333 said:

Now, I hope the Crown Grill menu is updated. The appetizers and desserts are so so. 

I agree with you. The Crown Grill menu is far too limited, especially where appetizers are concerned. Holland America has recently revamped their Pinnacle Grill menu for the better, hopefully Princess will follow suit soon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

I agree with you. The Crown Grill menu is far too limited, especially where appetizers are concerned. Holland America has recently revamped their Pinnacle Grill menu for the better, hopefully Princess will follow suit soon. 

I feel like they've had the same menu for like 10 years!  Time for an update.

• Thanks 1

I liked the original Trattoria menu, and I really like the changes that I am seeing in the updated menu.  Good job, Princess.

Sadly, our next two cruises have Sabatini's, not Sabatini's Trattoria.  When was the last time the old Sabatini's menu was updated?  Oh well.  Some people have real problems.

• Like 1

We are doing a 15 day cruise on the Star from LA to Hawaii on December.  I've booked 2 nights at the Crown Gill and 1 night for us at the Italian place.   Which of the 2 is actually better?  What are the MUST order items on the menu.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

This menu is what comes up for my Sky cruise.

I didn't compare item for item but it is not the same menu when I pull it up for a Crown cruise we have booked.  🤔

I see this new Trattoria menu is shown for the Sky...book my cruise?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huddler said:

We are doing a 15 day cruise on the Star from LA to Hawaii on December.  I've booked 2 nights at the Crown Gill and 1 night for us at the Italian place.   Which of the 2 is actually better?  What are the MUST order items on the menu.  Thanks in advance.

Crown Grill.  If you enjoy beef, order a 48 oz. Tomahawk Ribeye Steak  prepared Black and Blue.  Mine is always cooked perfectly.  I have sides of wild  rice, sautéed mushrooms, and  creamed  spinach.  Along with two appetizers, soup,  salad, and two deserts.  And I  bring a bottle of my own red wine.    Because I like to savor my dinner, I eat alone.   I leave the Crown Grill very satisfied.

Good luck, and enjoy.

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

This menu is what comes up for my Sky cruise.

I didn't compare item for item but it is not the same menu when I pull it up for a Crown cruise we have booked.  🤔

Crown still has the old Sabatini's format.

11 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Crown Grill.  If you enjoy beef, order a 48 oz. Tomahawk Ribeye Steak  prepared Black and Blue.  Mine is always cooked perfectly.  I have sides of wild  rice, sautéed mushrooms, and  creamed  spinach.  Along with two appetizers, soup,  salad, and two deserts.  And I  bring a bottle of my own red wine.    Because I like to savor my dinner, I eat alone.   I leave the Crown Grill very satisfied.

Good luck, and enjoy.

King of Cool,

Thank you for that review, it was sure making me hungry!!  Also, thank you for your service.  I lived in the Nashville area my entire life so I am very familiar with Ft Campbell and the 101st Airborne.   They used to have a restaurant in Nashville called the 101st Airborne out close to the airport on Murfreesboro Road!  Whenever I see any soldiers flying out of BNA, I buy them all a round of drinks.  Its the least I can do for them.  A lot of them are just kids.  Thanks again!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Wow this is a much better menu than the revamped fancy one. But it sounds like it's not on all ships? I hope it's on the Star by next summer! 

It's already on the Star. That's where I found it. 🙂