My Plan to get to Platinum Will it work

I currently have 40 cruise days with another 7 days being added in November. I am planning on two more 7 day cruises one next year and one in 2021. This will put me at 61 cruise days. I then plan to do either a 14 day cruise or back to back 7 day cruise (14 days total) in 2022 for my 25th wedding anniversary. This will put me at 75 days on the last day of the 14 day cruise or the last day of the 2nd part of the back to back. Would I be issued Platinum status at the beginning of the 14 day cruise or the back to back cruise. 

• Like 1

Yes, you should get the platinum perks at the beginning of the 14 day cruise or beginning of the b2b.  we turned gold on the very last day of a back2back and were given the perks at the start of that first cruise. We are hoping to hit platinum in 2022!

1 hour ago, glrounds said:

I'm guessing (operative word) you'll get Platinum at the beginning of a 14 day cruise, but NOT the first week of your back-to-back as they represent SEPARATE cruises.

If they are linked by Carnival over the phone, you will get Platinum benefits for both legs. Worked for me when I was going to hit 75 days during the second leg. Both bookings showed priority and I got my platinum card on day one.

You will definitely get Platinum on the first week of the B2B.  We just got back from the Magic and did a B2B, with my official Platinum level hit on the 2nd week.  The first week I had Platinum status and it was on my boarding documents, etc.  

4 hours ago, kittylovestocruise said:

I currently have 40 cruise days with another 7 days being added in November. I am planning on two more 7 day cruises one next year and one in 2021. This will put me at 61 cruise days. I then plan to do either a 14 day cruise or back to back 7 day cruise (14 days total) in 2022 for my 25th wedding anniversary. This will put me at 75 days on the last day of the 14 day cruise or the last day of the 2nd part of the back to back. Would I be issued Platinum status at the beginning of the 14 day cruise or the back to back cruise. 

Yes on both, but on the b2b, make sure your agent has them 'linked'! I think that's the word they use! You agent will understand!

5 hours ago, kittylovestocruise said:

If your 75th day is on debark day, no.  If it is on the day before debark, yes .  

be prepared to go to guest services with proof.  I did a B2B to move to  diamond, a 4 day and 14 day.  I did not get diamond on the first leg,  and when I checked in for the 14 I got a Plat card, had to got to Guest Services with S&S card from the 3 day to prove I was Diamond.   They explained it can take a week for days to get added, and they pulled the roaster before my other trip was over.   It will work out but not the easy guarantee everyone promises, and on the first leg its luck only if you get it, as you don't have the days as of that cruise. 

25 minutes ago, Lovtotravel2 said:

be prepared to go to guest services with proof.  I did a B2B to move to  diamond, a 4 day and 14 day.  I did not get diamond on the first leg,  and when I checked in for the 14 I got a Plat card, had to got to Guest Services with S&S card from the 3 day to prove I was Diamond.   They explained it can take a week for days to get added, and they pulled the roaster before my other trip was over.   It will work out but not the easy guarantee everyone promises, and on the first leg its luck only if you get it, as you don't have the days as of that cruise. 

I guess it all depends...I am doing a B2B this year and turn Diamond on 2nd half. I show Diamond on both cruises.

17 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

There are rumors that the loyalty levels will get some kind of update.  My husband would really, really like to make Diamond and I'm booking cruises to make it so.  However, it could be they move the Diamond level beyond what DH thinks is reasonable. I hope the OP makes Platinum.  The free laundry is great.

Rumors for years, since the last update. Some day it will turn out to be true.

1 hour ago, cruizergal70 said:

So, um, why is getting to platinum or diamond important? You end up spending way more money than any benefit you get back. 

It’s not important to me, but on the way there I have been to Australia twice, Europe twice (again next year) and headed to Asia this year. I will take these places over any perks. And I have gotten to Diamond on RCI visiting the Baltics, Iceland, Greenland and many more. So that’s the benefit to me.

2 hours ago, fyree39 said:

There are rumors that the loyalty levels will get some kind of update.  My husband would really, really like to make Diamond and I'm booking cruises to make it so.  However, it could be they move the Diamond level beyond what DH thinks is reasonable. I hope the OP makes Platinum.  The free laundry is great.

Last time, it took us three years of being told the Brilliant changes were around the corner and imminent.