Naughty Question About Retreat Cabanas......can we..........

Lady Arwen

.......sleep in our family cabana during the night?  Ha, you were thinking something else, right?  Honestly, my DH would love to spend the night  (alone) in the cabana.  Has anyone done this before?  Is it even allowed?  I have no interest in doing this, but hubby thinks it would be so relaxing to hear the ocean while he sleeps.  We have an inside cabin booked, so we won't have a balcony and don't really want one on this cruise.  Thanks in advance!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

.......sleep in our family cabana during the night?  Ha, you were thinking something else, right?  Honestly, my DH would love to spend the night  (alone) in the cabana.  Has anyone done this before?  Is it even allowed?  I have no interest in doing this, but hubby thinks it would be so relaxing to hear the ocean while he sleeps.  We have an inside cabin booked, so we won't have a balcony and don't really want one on this cruise.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry, not allowed :classic_sad: The only folks who spend the night on HMC is a skeleton crew of island manager Mr. Black and his crew. The majority of the 30+ island staff make the daily trip to Eleuthera Island on the Half Moon Clipper after the cruise ship(s) depart,  only to return early the next morning.  Plus, would be hard to do since he would be listed as "missing" on his ship which would result in a search op

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Sorry, not allowed :classic_sad: The only folks who spend the night on HMC is a skeleton crew of island manager Mr. Black and his crew. The majority of the 30+ island staff make the daily trip to Eleuthera Island on the Half Moon Clipper after the cruise ship(s) depart,  only to return early the next morning.  Plus, would be hard to do since he would be listed as "missing" on his ship which would result in a search op

I think the OP is referring to the Retreat Cabanas....

The Retreat has events on some night on some cruises (we have been to two cocktail parties there that had nothing to do with having a cabana. They get cleaned every night, which involved moving the furnishings and hosing out the area most nights. Might get a little crazy trying to sleep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, catl331 said:

I think she means the Retreat cabana on the ship! 😁

Never said I was the sharpest pencil in the box............Thanks! On the retreat cabanas on the ship he would fer sure be discovered by the intrepid night guard on his/her rounds and politely requested to vacate the premises :classic_wink:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

Never said I was the sharpest pencil in the box............Thanks! On the retreat cabanas on the ship he would fer sure be discovered by the intrepid night guard on his/her rounds and politely requested to vacate the premises :classic_wink:

You made me laugh!  It's more fun to think outside of the pencil box!  Yes, I agree, the idea of spending the night up on deck 11 in a cabana is nice, but most likely not permitted.  Thanks again for the chuckles!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would prefer if people who wanted to hear and experience the sea air while sleeping to do it in one of the cabanas instead of propping their balcony door open all night and killing the air conditioning for everyone else in that area.  

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

I would prefer if people who wanted to hear and experience the sea air while sleeping to do it in one of the cabanas instead of propping their balcony door open all night and killing the air conditioning for everyone else in that area.  

And those on the decks beneath them.
Or, they could just sleep on the balcony, and keep the door closed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Wouldn’t sleeping on the “porch” at night get a bit damp?

Depends on which deck you are. I slept on our balcony our last cruise for 15 nights, out of the 19,  on the Coral Princess (I know, this is the HAL board, sorry 😉). We were on Caribe deck (deck 10) and had no problem with dampness. It was some of the best sleeps I ever had on any cruise.

Theo

Sounds great to me!  It doesn't hurt to ask at Guest Services. And you can always throw a Do Not Disturb sign in your luggage...that is if you don't mind sleeping with cleaning going on all the way around you! 😬😬😂😂

2 hours ago, CM1984 said:

Sounds great to me!  It doesn't hurt to ask at Guest Services. And you can always throw a Do Not Disturb sign in your luggage...that is if you don't mind sleeping with cleaning going on all the way around you! 😬😬😂😂

Well, I will not be trying this out!  Just my DH thinks it would be great.  Trust me, cleaners, explosions, heavy metal music...he can sleep through it all!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, catl331 said:

I think she means the Retreat cabana on the ship! 😁

That is also how I understand her question.:)

I  think the answer is a great big No,,  so sad,  so sorry

OP

By  all means   ask when you are on the ship.

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1

HAVE you already reserved you cabana?

It is  not likely room service would deliver to the cabana but remember, Lido is so nearby   Go get what you wan t.

If I recall correctly, we can only order room service delivered to  our cabin.