Carnival Cruise Line stock

You just buy 100 shares of the stock. That's it. You just need to open an account at somewhere like Schwab and then buy the stock.

Not sure what information you need. You are not buying it to "trade" . You are buying it to hold.

It can also be in your IRA if you h ave one.

• Like 1

Thanks! I've been looking for that. Since the minimum buy in to receive the stockholder benefit is 100 shares, does buying 200 shares double that benefit? ie: if holding 100 shares get you $50 obc for a 5 day cruise, does holding 200 shares double the obc to $100?

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

Thanks! I've been looking for that. Since the minimum buy in to receive the stockholder benefit is 100 shares, does buying 200 shares double that benefit? ie: if holding 100 shares get you $50 obc for a 5 day cruise, does holding 200 shares double the obc to $100?

No.

11 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

That's what I thought. Good info though, and a GREAT time to invest with CCA.

Would agree if you can buy below $45 (yearly lows).  Carnival may be buying back stock soon so good time before shares get reduced. 

We just bought our 100 shares.  No benefit to own more.  Cost on July 17,2019 was approximately $46 & some change plus brokerage fees.  So for less than $5 grand we will get OBC for every cruise we book with any of CCL's brands.  Or is the OBC limited to CCL & Princess?  As a side note, we bought 100 shares a few yrs ago, then sold it for a decent profit.

Does anyone have the link to the shareholder benefit request form for Carnival specifically.  I printed one out from an earlier thread, but it was for Princess. BTW  I am tech challenged.  Can I send the Princess form?  Where?  The Princess form has an address in Santa Clarita CA.

Edited by Banditswife

40 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

We just bought our 100 shares.  No benefit to own more.

most people do not buy stock for onboard credit. If you think it's a good investment you should buy more, good dividends and it could easily go back to $60+ by years end. 

Just now, coevan said:

most people do not buy stock for onboard credit. If you think it's a good investment you should buy more, good dividends and it could easily go back to $60+ by years end. 

We are pretty diversified in our investments.  Our advisor handles most of it, unless we have a specific request such as this 100 shares.  DH has been with him for 10+ yrs & has done pretty well considering the ups & downs of the market, so I have asked him to handle mine too.  He takes into account how conservative we are in his investments.  Like you say- it could be up to $60 per share by years end, but could also drop to $10 per share.  That is today's market.

1 hour ago, Frank12 said:

The price is right.  Good dividend also.

I'll say! Looking at the stock dividend history from nasdaq, CCL has been declaring a stock dividend, since 4/11/18 of $0.50/per share every quarter(if I'm looking at this correctly).  Am I wrong in this? Or is this $0.50/per block of 100 shares? 

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ccl/dividend-history

19 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Not only will that not work to double the OBC, but if you and spouse (or anyone else actually) each own 100 shares that will also not double the OBC. It is one to a cabin, not to a passenger.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joe817 said:

I'll say! Looking at the stock dividend history from nasdaq, CCL has been declaring a stock dividend, since 4/11/18 of $0.50/per share every quarter(if I'm looking at this correctly).  Am I wrong in this? Or is this $0.50/per block of 100 shares? 

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ccl/dividend-history

Hi

Yes. You are right, you get $2 a year dividend for each share you hold. approx.. 4.43% at current price.

Just to add this isn't a financial advice site. Same as getting medical advice here. You get what you pay for. 

For anyone looking at investing, have you considered consulting a financial advisor. If you don't know where to look, most banks can help you out.

hope this helps

Edited by Nic6318

Purchased my 100 shares on Monday morning, July 22, for $44.95 / share.  The stock has not been that low since June 1, 2016.

Should be a good investment for me going forward... not to mention the Shareholder benefit.  Dividends are decent too.  I forgot all about this stock.  I last owned 100 shares in 2006/2007. 

2 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

For anyone looking at investing, have you considered consulting a financial advisor. If you don't know where to look, most banks can help you out.

hope this helps

Most financial advisors are just salespeople.  When interviewing financial advisors the number one question is "Will you act as my fiduciary".  If they don't immediately reply yes, leave.  At a bank you are likely to encounter sales people. 

2 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

Yes. You are right, you get $2 a year dividend for each share you hold. approx.. 4.43% at current price.

Just to add this isn't a financial advice site. Same as getting medical advice here. You get what you pay for. 

hope this helps

100 shares $50.00

19 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Most financial advisors are just salespeople.  When interviewing financial advisors the number one question is "Will you act as my fiduciary".  If they don't immediately reply yes, leave.  At a bank you are likely to encounter sales people. 

If you KNOW you want 100 shares of Carnival because you cruise twice a year and want the OBC you don’t need a fiduciary financial advisor to charge you a $75 - 30 minute consultation.  You need a discount broker like Fidelity, Ally, Robin Hood or Scwab.

• Like 2

we bought 200 shares - 100 in my name and 100 in hubby's

when we go with the kids and get 2 cabins, put each of us in separate cabins and get $100 in OBC per cabin.

so if you often sail with family or a group and get more than one cabin, 200 shares of stock can be worth it.

also think that the OBC is an untaxed benefit.  That ups the value and "return" on your investment a little.

We have had CCL stock for about 5 years and it has done well.  Our financial advisor now recommends it to people because of regular dividends.