Anyone have luck with these?

mrsfoose

2 minutes ago, robc1972 said:

What is the inside of the pouch lined with?

If its just plastic then pack in with your toiletries and no problem.

If it is some kind of metallic lining it may be an issue.

I guess I will have to buy one before my cruise and find out 😬

5 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Be ready for that puppy to burst under the pressure of all those suitcases, which are stacked 6 feet high.  I'd be a bit ticked if someone's smuggled booze drenched my luggage. 

I always put my runners in a foodsaver vacuum bag and seal it up. That way if they leak the foodsaver bag saves the booze and that has happened. Those bags are practically indestructible from squeezing and need a sharp object to cut them open.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Be ready for that puppy to burst under the pressure of all those suitcases, which are stacked 6 feet high.  I'd be a bit ticked if someone's smuggled booze drenched my luggage. 

We carry on our all luggage - no problem there 😬

• Like 1

No, they are likely lined with a foil based material.  They will show on the scan.  if you try one at home cut the pouch open and check.  Rum runners are VERY inexpensive.  You could transfer that to them if you want that exact product.  Also remember the caps DO show on the scans, so put the caps under something like your bathroom items.  Alternatively, buying the liquor package is far more convenient.  

6&8

• Like 1

I guess I wonder if its really worth all the trouble to save a few bucks in drinks?  If you get caught, do they just confiscate the booze or can they stop you from boarding?  

2 minutes ago, ishap said:

I guess I wonder if its really worth all the trouble to save a few bucks in drinks?  If you get caught, do they just confiscate the booze or can they stop you from boarding?  

never heard of anyone denied boarding for smuggling booze.

I just bring enough for a couple drinks in the cabin while getting ready at the end of the day.

Bar tab is always a couple hundred as well.

A gal on the ship told me she just stuffs her rum runners in her pants when she goes through security and that way she knows she got on with them....bahaha.  oh the lengths people will go to save 400 bucks.....just buy the package already

3 hours ago, mrsfoose said:

We carry on our all luggage - no problem there 😬

I feel like the carry on stuff gets looked at harder. Last cruise they made me empty my backpack looking for what they thought was a bladder. It was actually my shaving kit.

Edited by Saint Greg

I followed the rules- there wasn’t anything I needed that I couldn’t get on the ship. But I did bring two bottles of wine (my husband doesn’t drink it), and I really was quite shocked that they never even opened my backpack to inspect it. Sent it through the scanner and sent me on my way. Obviously they saw the bottles in a scan, but if I was a real dare devil, I could have refilled them with something much higher in proof than wine 🤪. One bottle of wine came back home- plenty onboard! 🤗

Edited by lensonlife

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If you can’t afford to buy drinks on the cruise, you can’t afford the cruise. Everyone who sneaks alcohol onto a ship hurts the majority of us who follow the rules. The lost revenue from passengers who do this is ultimately passed on to everyone else with higher drink prices. 

People on this site frequently get upset with the phrase “Carnival is the Wal-Mart of the cruise industry”. It is cheap people like the ones in this thread who sneak alcohol onto ships that helps give Carnival this reputation  

If nobody smuggled alcohol they'd raise the prices even more. Things like the cheers package only exist to give an attractive alternative to going through the effort of smuggling. 

• Thanks 1

IDK, but I have always carried on my luggage on carnival and never have had to show my alcohol or anything. I never tried to "sneak" extra on, but I suppose I could have.

On Norwegian, they confiscated my luggage for Diet Dr. Pepper ten. Made me so mad.  Only reason I bought it was because they didn't serve it on the ship. Heck, I even took a 12 pack of DDP to England. 

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 1

Could bring one rum runner worth of rum and fill up a big container of juice in the morning at the Lido buffet and make 10x the amount in that little pouch. Rum runners sealed in a freezer bag and distributed in checked bag. $20/bag to porter at the terminal and tell him it’s very important luggage. Porter practically ran my bags over to the fence, whistled at his buddy, and we got pulled aside thru an express boarding line. In laws got to the terminal 20min before us and we were waiting for them on the ship. 

Take a milk or two from the breakfast buffet and have a late morning White Russian - the dude abides. A glass of OJ and can have a tequila sunrise or screwdriver. Makes the morning show much more enjoyable. 

Bar tab tab was still $400 as wife and I had two drinks at alchemy every night before late seating dinner. 

15B30368-008E-4D75-8444-1487004B9A43.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, wardamnweagle said:

Could bring one rum runner worth of rum and fill up a big container of juice in the morning at the Lido buffet and make 10x the amount in that little pouch. Rum runners sealed in a freezer bag and distributed in checked bag. $20/bag to porter at the terminal and tell him it’s very important luggage. Porter practically ran my bags over to the fence, whistled at his buddy, and we got pulled aside thru an express boarding line. In laws got to the terminal 20min before us and we were waiting for them on the ship. 

Take a milk or two from the breakfast buffet and have a late morning White Russian - the dude abides. A glass of OJ and can have a tequila sunrise or screwdriver. Makes the morning show much more enjoyable. 

Bar tab tab was still $400 as wife and I had two drinks at alchemy every night before late seating dinner. 

15B30368-008E-4D75-8444-1487004B9A43.jpeg

You are my hero 🤣

8 minutes ago, mrsfoose said:

You are my hero 🤣

The way I see it, I’m saving Carnival money. If I buy Cheers, I’m drinking 15 drinks a day, guaranteed, and they won’t be $6 beers, (wife would be 5-10 with fancy coffees and fancy bar drinks). The above picture didn’t last the length of the cruise, in fact, I think we got a bottle of tequila in Cozumel and it wasn’t taken upon reboarding. 

Considering Cheers for our Alaskan cruise as we will be flying first, 6L of alcohol adds 10lbs of weight, and I’m already a heavy packer. Currently debating whether to upgrade to a balcony room or keep interior and pay for Cheers, as, the difference in price is about the same. 

27 minutes ago, wardamnweagle said:

Considering Cheers for our Alaskan cruise as we will be flying first, 6L of alcohol adds 10lbs of weight, and I’m already a heavy packer. Currently debating whether to upgrade to a balcony room or keep interior and pay for Cheers, as, the difference in price is about the same.  

I have brought the runners empty on the plane and filled up the night before in the hotel.

As long as you bring some heavy duty sealable bags to put them in to catch booze if they break you will be all set.

Then you can upgrade to balcony and enjoy the view and your home made drinks.

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2019 at 10:08 AM, mrsfoose said:

Would these work like a rum runner and go undetected in you bags?

E6CC0C6B-B7B6-4438-8DF4-7818B6DA5409.jpeg

In San Juan, twice now as a port of call, I have gotten on with something like that that I bought at the drug store by the ship. Security looked at it and had no problem. It looks like Capri Sun. It states it has alcohol but they didn't seem to care.