Drink package up to $60 a day.

1 minute ago, Angelfsh131 said:

Ok last question promise😁

when it says $60/per day does that include embarking and disembarking days? I could see the day we get on but the day we leave I may have to sober up🤣

You are charged by the number of nights on the cruise.

You can get some specialty coffees on disembarkation day, but it might be more difficult to get alcoholic drinks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have switched to NCL and Celebrity for the last few cruises bc of free drink package.  My daughter misses RCCL and wants to do another but the cost of the beverage package is really a factor!  

If I book and then add the beverage package how does this work- I pay for beverage package in full and then call if and when price drops and get an adjustment?  I have regularly done this for cabin price drops but did not realize I could do same for beverage. 

TIA

20 minutes ago, donnaab said:

I have switched to NCL and Celebrity for the last few cruises bc of free drink package.  My daughter misses RCCL and wants to do another but the cost of the beverage package is really a factor!  

If I book and then add the beverage package how does this work- I pay for beverage package in full and then call if and when price drops and get an adjustment?  I have regularly done this for cabin price drops but did not realize I could do same for beverage. 

TIA

No, unfortunately, it's not simply an adjustment of the price.  You have to completely cancel the current package you have and order it again at the new price.  You pay in full for the new package and within a few days you will be refunded for the package you cancelled to the original form of payment.  We did this twice before our last sailing and the money we saved re-booking it a couple of times was well worth it.

Mine went from $52 to $56 

But now I have $50 OBC that came out of nowhere. It just showed up in my cruise planner.

I booked thru a TA and received $150 OBC credit from them. 

If I don’t book something like drinks dinner ETC

Do you think the $50.00 OBC will disappear?

7 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

Mine went from $52 to $56 

But now I have $50 OBC that came out of nowhere. It just showed up in my cruise planner.

I booked thru a TA and received $150 OBC credit from them. 

If I don’t book something like drinks dinner ETC

Do you think the $50.00 OBC will disappear?

Probably not, unless you ask for a price drop.

2 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

Is this something Royal does. Just randomly give OBC. 

Not usually.

If you contact whoever booked your cruise and request Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation, the OBC should be listed with a code that might help decode the reason.

For our 12 night repo China to Singapore cruise on Quantum in October the price seems to have been £38 since we booked the cruise last year,which doesn't seem too bad.

In contrast when booking the repo on Anthem for April 2020 we were quoted 2 prices,with & without drink package,with the package was £1000 more than without,some serious drinking!

22 hours ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

No, unfortunately, it's not simply an adjustment of the price.  You have to completely cancel the current package you have and order it again at the new price.  You pay in full for the new package and within a few days you will be refunded for the package you cancelled to the original form of payment.  We did this twice before our last sailing and the money we saved re-booking it a couple of times was well worth it.

Thanks!  I guess I will yet have to check beverage pricing on a regular basis once I book and hope it drops to at least in the $40s.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 6:26 AM, BonnieSte said:

I will be on the Oasis and was bordering on getting it. It was $57.00 / $67.26 w/tips then it went up to the $72 w/tips. We don't drink specialty coffee and the bottled water isn't to expensive so it won't work for us.

I am going on Oasis as well.  The price was $57 forever, but now on my cruise it went down to $54 with the current sale, so I booked it.

On 8/6/2019 at 4:36 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

I am going on Oasis as well.  The price was $57 forever, but now on my cruise it went down to $54 with the current sale, so I booked it.

When is your trip? The price for the package right now went up again to $62

$65 a day for our Indy cruise in December and $59 a day for our Allure cruise next month, we will pass on the drink packages for both cruises.   It has been a long time since Royal had good prices on the drink packages, not counting the $18 a day mistake that some were able to take advantage of.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 6:09 PM, Tiggerontheseas said:

That's why we're waiting till boarding to see whether it's a good deal with our discount....it better be below $40 for us to bite!  The last 2 days I don't touch a drop...sick of it!

1 hour ago, springfire said:

$65 a day for our Indy cruise in December and $59 a day for our Allure cruise next month, we will pass on the drink packages for both cruises.   It has been a long time since Royal had good prices on the drink packages, not counting the $18 a day mistake that some were able to take advantage of.

We are on Indy in November and it's at $65pp!!  That's insane!  Was just on Harmony this month and it always was between $50-52pp...…  I'm a beer drinker, and can stick with lite beers if they keep it at $65pp.  Insane

1 hour ago, springfire said:

For over a year on my September 1 Harmony cruise it had teetered back and forth from $52 to $56 a day.   For a week or so recently it dropped to $49 a day but now its $61 a day!