Caribbean Princess starting on July 27

CruiseVA

On 7/27/2019 at 4:33 PM, 1emerald1 said:

I saw on your day one Patter that Oscar Perrego is the Maitre'd.  There is scuttlebutt that he will be the Maitre'd on the Sky.  If it's convenient would you mind asking him if he is indeed going to be on the Sky?  Thanks.

I am also on this cruise, and I asked him tonight this question; he said that he will be on CB till February and then he might move to Enchanting(?) Princess.

5 minutes ago, Pansy2801 said:

I am also on this cruise, and I asked him tonight this question; he said that he will be on CB till February and then he might move to Enchanting(?) Princess.

Thanks so much for taking the time to ask, appreciate it.  

3 hours ago, Northern Light said:

Thank you very much for all of the information you provided and will look into the sailboat tour.

Sandy

Sandy, 

You are very welcome. I will be on your cruise in September. I'm also a scrapbooker/papercrafter. Enjoy your planning.

Deb

9 hours ago, c-boy said:

Rick Wakemen 😲. Man that brings back memories 

image.jpeg.d75546eb506ad2b6f9e203d81984c154.jpeg

1st one post Yes! I used to have it, then my wife tossed it into a Yard sale, along with so many other that I would be a $$$$$ LOL

This is my 1st medallion cruise so what I say will seem obvious but I did it wrong. You do not log off like you do on Princess at Sea. That button is there but apparently doesn't work. Or so 45+ of us in line discovered. You log off in the Ocean Concierge Medallion.  

CruiserDru:  Marta (Ocean Navigator leader) leaves in 2 days and PSD doesn't have the name of her replacement yet

We tried ordering drinks with the medallion twice. The first time we gave up after 50 minutes. Yesterday we tried again while sitting in Explorers lounge, and the waiter said his app kept telling him that we were two decks below in the piazza. We’ll stick with ordering directly from servers.....you can get a drink much faster that way.

• Like 1

We were able to get our free drinks thru the App. I wouldn't try it in a crowded area, they find you by the little face pic they have of you. We saw the server wandering around and flagged them down. 

Won't use it again like CineGraphic said, easier to order face to face.

Edited by CruiseVA

6 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

We tried ordering drinks with the medallion twice. The first time we gave up after 50 minutes. Yesterday we tried again while sitting in Explorers lounge, and the waiter said his app kept telling him that we were two decks below in the piazza. We’ll stick with ordering directly from servers.....you can get a drink much faster that way.

On the Regal they were super speedy and efficient with drink orders thought the ocean now app. CB was horrible, as if they see your order, but completely and intentionally ignore. The two times j tried ordering in CB I did the same. Waited like 30-40 min for a simple glass of water. I got up and left. Funny thing about an 1.5 hrs from the time I put the order through I got a message on my phone stating my drink was being delivered. Hahahaha. I was long gone and napping in my cabin by then. I complained about it on my survey. Regal no problem though. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ombud said:

CruiserDru:  Marta (Ocean Navigator leader) leaves in 2 days and PSD doesn't have the name of her replacement yet

Thanks for checking Ombud. I'll just address the invite to Ocean Navigator Leader. I'm sure the Pursers Desk will get it to the right person.

On 7/27/2019 at 11:21 PM, CruiseVA said:

we both got the unlimited with our elite/plat discount $80? per device for the cruise (should have just bought the 4 device plan for less, but, whatevs...) . I'm using this little guy to share access across my laptop, tablet & phone (at night in the cabin). PITA switching between them... I know, but, hey, I'm paying for 2 people which is more than the 4 device plan! It's not like i'm typing on all 3 device at the same time (although I can, I'm like the great keyboard player Rick Wakeman - of Yes, 1970-80's awesome rock band). 

IMG_20190727_231527.jpg

Hey CruiseVA how's your WiFi router working?? I have one that I take to hotels that I'm planning to take on our next sailing. Planning to get the unlimited internet package for 4 devices and being able to stream movies on the tv with a Chromecast. Has your router handled the weird internet and logins well?

On 7/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, CineGraphic said:

We just checked in to our hotel in Hollywood, and all I can say is, “WOW”!

Casa Pellegrino is wonderful. We were met by the owner’s son, who welcomed us with some of his mother’s homemade limoncello. They also knew we were celebrating our 20th anniversary, and decorated the room a bit for us. They are highly rated on all of the major sites, and they only have 10 or 12 rooms, so don’t delay booking if you’re the slightest bit interested. This hotel is not just an investment for them, it’s their child, and it shows in how they run things and how they treat their guests.

5739B1FC-2C09-4F92-9A37-43EE190BB7A6.jpeg

8CEF3B19-7107-47E3-A796-7E90C3358295.jpeg

99579BAC-F9DF-4679-AD9F-2FDD096E4D08.jpeg

154F3C1C-9F82-40B5-A412-971573ACB888.jpeg

561C4190-78EF-4187-A12C-CD2C34FDF567.jpeg

510711F7-EDEC-4E7C-A18B-5DFDE4D50D5B.jpeg

DE6624CB-0027-4D9B-BE29-1E6EFD429EE1.jpeg

C1F1C0E2-DC43-4921-BDD1-C0BFBB24455F.jpeg

117742CC-B06D-4824-B92F-C660E03EF75F.jpeg

CineGraphic, thanks for posting your affection for this hotel.  I did not know it existed.  Just made reservations for a Indiana friend who is flying in January  2020 for a 7 day cruise on Princess Sky...his first cruise.  This is the perfect place for him to start his vacation...a retired OB-GYN physician so he knows sleepless nights.  He will rest quite well here.  Thank you for sharing.  As a side note, a couple years ago, you provided me with information on your TA.  I have used him since. Very nice guy.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, #love2cruise said:

On 7/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, CineGraphic said:

CineGraphic, thanks for posting your affection for this hotel.  I did not know it existed.  Just made reservations for a Indiana friend who is flying in January  2020 for a 7 day cruise on Princess Sky...his first cruise.  This is the perfect place for him to start his vacation...a retired OB-GYN physician so he knows sleepless nights.  He will rest quite well here.  Thank you for sharing.  As a side note, a couple years ago, you provided me with information on your TA.  I have used him since. Very nice guy.

Thanks for making my day ❤️

The only reason I’d stop recommending my TA is if I became a TA myself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FloaterBoat said:

Hey CruiseVA how's your WiFi router working?? I have one that I take to hotels that I'm planning to take on our next sailing. Planning to get the unlimited internet package for 4 devices and being able to stream movies on the tv with a Chromecast. Has your router handled the weird internet and logins well?

The WiFi router is working great, it's the only way I can connect my laptop for some reason. I have issues with any weird internet logins etc... I connect my phone when I'm out & about, but in the cabin I use the WiFi router - it just works. I just tried watching a Netflix show for about 10 secs, no issue at all!  i did not bring my chromecast, just watched on my laptop.

Edited by CruiseVA
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

There are so many Elite and Platinum on board, they had to move the lounge from Skywalkers to the Fusion Lounge.

It's crazy! steward said on day 1 - be prepared for a 72 hour laundry turn-around.

Thanks to all who attended the M&M - brilliant turnout! Our group photo hasn’t been printed out yet. 

We’ve had a super day in Charleston. Visited Boone Hall Plantation and could have spent another hour or two there - well worth exploring 😉.

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1