Coco Cay Beach Access Fees

Does anyone know if Royal has begun the Coco Cay Beach Tiered Access Fees - Fees based on density of users to beach area.  (Lower number of beach users-the higher the beach access fee pp) ?  A play towards ' exclusivity'  or 'private areas'.

16 minutes ago, fred30 said:

Interesting!

The first person in pays a real high fee then as more people show up the fee goes down.

There will be a big line outside the beach waiting to be last. 

The way I understood it be is akin to 'Limited Access'. Only a certain preset number of guests per area allowed. Once the preset number is reached, the area is considered sold out. Thus, enhancing the sales strategy 'fear of loss' and thus increasing the demand.  

You are undoubtedly talking about the Beach Club on the west side of the island.  That is the only thing that fits.  That is a very expensive area reserved only with only a set number.  The other island beaches are free of any charge at all.

1 hour ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

The Chill Island cabanas are only open to people with the tag and those are in sectioned area of Chill Island. Although I didn't see anyone actually turned away from walking on that part of the beach.

I'm sure it will happen soon enough.

I was just there. Two ships: Mariner and Empress.  No sign of limited access except at Thrill Water Park (which is pay to play anyway).  In fact, I was surprised how roomy the island felt with 6000 guests ashore.

• Like 2

It has been proposed, but customers, in other threads, that they offer a separate, possibly pay, adults only area.

Even if topless or more is not allowed, it would still be worth it for some people, to get away from children.

I've heard they are planning small roped off areas 10'x40' in the water that you can pay to have access too that is your own private ocean area.

You can pick Sandy bottom, mix bottom, rocky bottom as tiers and then they will have special perks...with a fish, with a school of fish, etc....

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, SRF said:

....it would still be worth it for some people, to get away from children.

Its just another revenue stream and enhances value to the shareholders.

I could see passengers paying for quiet time on a beach day.

23 hours ago, kevinkingmd said:

I was just there. Two ships: Mariner and Empress.  No sign of limited access except at Thrill Water Park (which is pay to play anyway).  In fact, I was surprised how roomy the island felt with 6000 guests ashore.

Good to know.

Thanks for the update.

there is just so much room on the island now I cant see how or why they would do this unless it is for the premiere beach club opening in December. We were on grandeur and the navigator got there before us and we will had front row loungers with an umbrella. They really did coco cay right.