Footstools are back!

misterkevin

As stated above, footstools are being eliminated during "revolutionizing" of S class ships. Only Equinox has been through this to date. So no worries about Reflection until 2023! Silhoutte will be next to lose the footstools as she goes into dry dock in January. 

1 hour ago, seajacksrun said:

We are sailing in that exact suite Aug 31st! Has it been updated other than new bedding? Is there a table you can eat at on the balcony?

There is a large table which could seat 4, perfect for dining. It has 2 chairs. They took out the larger padded lounger from the balcony. Minimal updating includes new plants on the balcony, the Bigelow bath products which in my opinion aren't very good, new waste cans, new towels with the Retreat logo, as well as very nice gray Frette bathrobes and slippers. It's very nice overall, however, especially the Retreat Lounge, and the raft of suite perks that make being on such a large ship seem much easier to negotiate.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

That's probably because you are in a suite. 

I was in Concierge #1120 a few weeks ago and had the lounge chair on the balcony.  It was large angled balcony, so that may have made a difference.

2 hours ago, cruise47 said:

We are sailing on the Reflection in December,  Aqua Class and I pray the foot stoops are back with a nice size table on the balcony .

As stated previously, it seems as though foitstools have bren removed from Aqua and Concierge class cabin balconies on S class ships during the "revolutionizing". Thus far, the only S class ship to undergo the process is the Equinox. The M class aqua and concierge cabins never had the footstools to begin with, with the exception of the larger aft balconies. Reflection is not schedule to undergo this process until much later.

1 hour ago, misterkevin said:

There is a large table which could seat 4, perfect for dining. It has 2 chairs. They took out the larger padded lounger from the balcony. Minimal updating includes new plants on the balcony, the Bigelow bath products which in my opinion aren't very good, new waste cans, new towels with the Retreat logo, as well as very nice gray Frette bathrobes and slippers. It's very nice overall, however, especially the Retreat Lounge, and the raft of suite perks that make being on such a large ship seem much easier to negotiate.

Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to it in about a month!! We are super excited about the new Retreat lounge and sun deck! 

6 hours ago, bhughey said:

Seems footstools are being removed from Aqua and Concierge class cabins on S class ships during the "revolutionizing". Thus far, the only S class ship to undergo the process is the Equinox. The M class aqua and concierge cabins never had the footstools to begin with, with the exception of the larger aft balconies.

Not so.  Concierge class cabins on M class ships had them.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, misterkevin said:

As we embark in a Celebrity Suite 1620 on the Equinox, we've noticed that the footstools are not eliminated. 

20190727_172833.jpg

Not as effective as the old chairs/footstools, but better than naught.  Hopefully they will trickle down from the suites to AQ and CC.  OP, please keep us updated on any additional sightings. 

Image result for celebrity cruise foot footstools

44 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, I've never sailed in a CC class cabin on an M class ship, but have sailed aqua 4 times and never once had a footstool. See pics of two aqua cabins pictured in thread below.

Also... see pics here of infinity (for example) of a concierge class stateroom. No footstools. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-infinity-196/concierge-class-cabin-320288/

Perhaps you had one of those rare aft, or larger balconies that may have been the exception.

59 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

And additional photos of an M class (Summit), Concierge cabin... no footstools 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-summit-251/concierge-class-cabin-392781

Constellation... Concierge Class photos, no footstools.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-constellation-272/concierge-class-cabin-203294/

Edited by bhughey

6 hours ago, farmermd said:

Has anyone purchased a portable footstool to take on cruises with them? Been looking at some blowup stools. Thoughts and comments?

We prefer this kind -- comfortable, cheap, lightweight, flexible - only $3 each.

They pack flat in suitcase, and are easy to pick up and use inside the cabin as well for reading or watching TV.

Intex Jumbo Inflatable Big Panel Colorful Giant Beach Balls (Set of 8): $23.99

image.png.1ff244909ee084d53f6f4df5ce11f93d.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, seajacksrun said:

Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to it in about a month!! We are super excited about the new Retreat lounge and sun deck! 

The Retreat Lounge and Sundeck are just that: a retreat from the crowds. Service is exceptional. The Sundeck lacks shade, but it can be found. This afternoon stewards came around on the sundeck with complimentary mango sorbet and took drink orders. They'll stock your favorite liquor in the lounge. Honestly, I think it will be hard to cruise again without these perks. Here's the table on the balcony.

20190728_180518.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misterkevin said:

The Retreat Lounge and Sundeck are just that: a retreat from the crowds. Service is exceptional. The Sundeck lacks shade, but it can be found. This afternoon stewards came around on the sundeck with complimentary mango sorbet and took drink orders. They'll stock your favorite liquor in the lounge. Honestly, I think it will be hard to cruise again without these perks. Here's the table on the balcony.

20190728_180518.jpg

The Retreat also lacks a pool and hot tub.  I would at least expect a hot tub up on that deck.

4 hours ago, pd7277 said:

Not as effective as the old chairs/footstools, but better than naught.  Hopefully they will trickle down from the suites to AQ and CC.  OP, please keep us updated on any additional sightings. 

Image result for celebrity cruise foot footstools

The old style looks much  better  to elevate and relax, and  it could be used as a little side table:   but they are probably gone forever!  We'll work with whatever we get to replace the " new" balc furn like we had on EDGE.

LLP still has no posts on the Q ,& A thread, but hopefully she will address this issue as it relates to Suites, Concierge  AQ class and reg balcs .

5 hours ago, bhughey said:

And additional photos of an M class (Summit), Concierge cabin... no footstools 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-summit-251/concierge-class-cabin-392781

Constellation... Concierge Class photos, no footstools.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-constellation-272/concierge-class-cabin-203294/

It seems to be very important to you to prove that a cabin class you admit you have never sailed in never had footstools.  There are plenty of pictures around that demonstrate that they did, indeed, have footstools.  I have personally seen them.

I have only sailed once in AQ on an M class ship.  There were no footstools on my A1 balcony.  The balcony was barely wide enough for a chair, let alone a footstool.

53 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

It seems to be very important to you to prove that a cabin class you admit you have never sailed in never had footstools.  There are plenty of pictures around that demonstrate that they did, indeed, have footstools.  I have personally seen them.

I have only sailed once in AQ on an M class ship.  There were no footstools on my A1 balcony.  The balcony was barely wide enough for a chair, let alone a footstool.

You challenged my statement, so I'm just reinforcing my point by backing up the information I'm sharing with photographic proof - simply trying to properly inform the cruise critic community.

There have been quite a few gripes about them being removed from CC and AQ cabins on the Summit, and I am only stating fact that footstools were not on the AQ balconies on Summit to begin with (with the exception of the aft, deck 11 cabins). And regarding concierge ... I've not yet seen a single image of a footstool to prove otherwise. And I've googled images, looked at videos on youtube, and pics on cruise critic. If there are pictures around, please point me in that direction - because again, as the links demonstrate - I've only found images that show M class concierge cabins without footstools.

(And just because I have not sailed Concierge on an M class ship, doesn't mean I haven't extensively researched the various cabin options, which I do before selecting a cabin on any ship. I've found it's wise to do my own homework before sailing.)

Edited by bhughey
Grammar

11 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

🙄 People like that aren’t worth you time. 

I know the Plebeian comment was meant to be humorous and I took it that way.  Gave me a chuckle.  But sometimes on here people spending a lot of money on an expensive Celebrity cruise "only" in Aqua Class or Concierge Class or whatever make it seem like they are suffering to be there.  You will see a number of folks referring to themselves as being in Steerage.  That really makes me laugh.  Most of the world would love to have these problems.  I am truly blessed to be able to cruise once in a while.

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

I know the Plebeian comment was meant to be humorous and I took it that way.  Gave me a chuckle.  But sometimes on here people spending a lot of money on an expensive Celebrity cruise "only" in Aqua Class or Concierge Class or whatever make it seem like they are suffering to be there.  You will see a number of folks referring to themselves as being in Steerage.  That really makes me laugh.  Most of the world would love to have these problems.  I am truly blessed to be able to cruise once in a while.

Well that’s good to know!  I was initially a bit concerned with our upcoming cruise (our first with Celebrity) that there would be snobbish passengers or I would feel out of place, so it hit me the wrong way.  However, the people on our roll call that seem quite friendly and I’m looking forward to meeting them.  It seems a good majority of the those posting in this forum are suite guests. We will “only” be in Concierge Class (which I’ve read more than one person say it’s a waste of money) and that’s only because our MoveUp offer was accepted. I was thrilled to get it!  We had booked an ocean view because at the time of booking the cost of a veranda was substantially higher. I bid on 3 categories, including veranda, and CC was the winner.  I’m quite happy with it because it looks to be in a great location, midship with cabins above and below. 

I think anyone that can can afford to vacation, by land or sea is truly blessed!  I teach many students that just look forward to their free breakfast and lunch because they are hungry. 😢 Students that come to school in the same clothes all the time. Middle school children taking care of younger siblings because mom is at work and dad’s not in the picture. Yes, if you can afford to cruise at all you are blessed!  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Well that’s good to know!  I was initially a bit concerned with our upcoming cruise (our first with Celebrity) that there would be snobbish passengers or I would feel out of place, so it hit me the wrong way.  However, the people on our roll call that seem quite friendly and I’m looking forward to meeting them.  It seems a good majority of the those posting in this forum are suite guests. We will “only” be in Concierge Class (which I’ve read more than one person say it’s a waste of money) and that’s only because our MoveUp offer was accepted. I was thrilled to get it!  We had booked an ocean view because at the time of booking the cost of a veranda was substantially higher. I bid on 3 categories, including veranda, and CC was the winner.  I’m quite happy with it because it looks to be in a great location, midship with cabins above and below. 

I think anyone that can can afford to vacation, by land or sea is truly blessed!  I teach many students that just look forward to their free breakfast and lunch because they are hungry. 😢 Students that come to school in the same clothes all the time. Middle school children taking care of younger siblings because mom is at work and dad’s not in the picture. Yes, if you can afford to cruise at all you are blessed!  

Tami,

I think you will enjoy Celebrity and by far the majority of people I have met on many cruises are very friendly and not at all snobbish.  This includes people from every cabin category including suites.  As in everything in life, land or sea, supermarket or cruise ship, you might run into a few obnoxious folks.  Has nothing to do with Celebrity.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Tami,

I think you will enjoy Celebrity and by far the majority of people I have met on many cruises are very friendly and not at all snobbish.  This includes people from every cabin category including suites.  As in everything in life, land or sea, supermarket or cruise ship, you might run into a few obnoxious folks.  Has nothing to do with Celebrity.

That has been our experience as well. 

Currently on Connie in Aqua class. 

No footstools but larger aft aqua cabins still have lounger and large table. No reed diffuser (no great loss), good robes 👍, no fruit, no wine but haven’t asked for either! 

Slippers and white bag but cheap blue X tote bag. 

Very harassed sommelier in Blu, food ok on first night. 

Crew very friendly as we have come to expect. 

Is it worth the difference - no with the perks being eroded but depends on what it costs compared to a decent veranda room. Enjoying it immensely as usual 👌

15 hours ago, keesar said:

The Retreat also lacks a pool and hot tub.  I would at least expect a hot tub up on that deck.

Since the Equinox only sails the Caribbean now I would want a cold tub not a hot tub.  You need something to cool off up there.  Maybe at least a shower or garden hose?  Maybe someone will come by with buckets of cold water to dump on your head?  I actually did that at a fair when it was 90 degrees.  I asked the guy watering something to squirt me with it!  It felt great!