Another Thalassotherapy pool question

beaming90

Leaving on the Oosterdam in 7 days!!!!  Remind me. I think I know the answer already but the Thalassotherapy pool is adults only correct?  I just had a vision of kids kicking and splashing and screaming while I am trying to relax.  Thanks guys!! 

• Like 1

Thanks guys!  We took my mom to see her sisters a couple years ago and we stayed at a Holiday Inn and we only got to go to the indoor pool once because it was so loud with kids.  Which is fine but I was thinking maybe this would be adults only.  Yea!!  Thanks again!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, beaming90 said:

Leaving on the Oosterdam in 7 days!!!!  Remind me. I think I know the answer already but the Thalassotherapy pool is adults only correct?  I just had a vision of kids kicking and splashing and screaming while I am trying to relax.  Thanks guys!! 

Adults only! It will be serene and quiet, and absolutely no kicking, splashing, or screaming will occur!  My only "gripe" with that pool on the O. is the lack of view - it's an inside location with no windows.  But I rationalize that I close my eyes most of the time in there anyway 🙂 I just lay back on the metal lounger inside the pool and drift away... Enjoy your cruise and the spa!!

• Like 1

You might consider purchasing the unlimited spa pass (the only way to access the pool is via the spa pass, either unlimited or daily (if they have availability)) as we found it considerably cheaper to pre-purchase.  Hope you enjoy.

27 minutes ago, beaming90 said:

I have already purchased the spa pass months ago, so I could use this pool!

Be sure to verify the price the minute you get on board the first day.  The cost is usually less than what you will have paid pre-cruise and the difference will be reimbursed to you in the form of on board credits.  If you wait until the second day ... too bad, too late!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 6:00 PM, freestyling said:

Head to the spa on day 1 for the Thermal Pass they will have a “special price”. 

Don't count on this. That was my plan on the Nieuw Amsterdam last month, and I was disappointed to discover that the price onboard (as soon as we embarked) was significantly higher than it had been if we had booked pre-cruise. IIRC, the online price had been $209 for a week-long couple's pass, but it was $279 onboard.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, DougK said:

Don't count on this. That was my plan on the Nieuw Amsterdam last month, and I was disappointed to discover that the price onboard (as soon as we embarked) was significantly higher than it had been if we had booked pre-cruise. IIRC, the online price had been $209 for a week-long couple's pass, but it was $279 onboard.

Exactly. We found the same situation on Zuiderdam, and fortunately had pre purchased our pass on line so we got the better price.

I just looked at my 11 day cruise for this winter. A couples spa pass is $339. A pass for one person is $219. So as a single, I am expected to pay almost FIFTY DOLLARS more per person! I'm already paying a double fare, which I think is excessive, since I don't eat as much food as two people or use as much water or use as many towels. But it is what it is and I put up with it. But the difference in the price of a spa pass for 2 as opposed to 1 person has NO justification at all.

I've heard people say the  solution is to "find someone" to split a couple's pass with.  But I would like to pre-purchase the pass and that's going to be just me. 

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, cdistler76 said:

Hi - how busy is the Thermal Pass area?  E.g., are you in there constantly waiting for a spot?  Thanks!

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam Thanksgiving week, and it was pretty busy.  There were several times when I found myself waiting for my turn on one of those lovely warm loungers.   They suggest that you limit your time so that others get a chance, but even there there are chair hogs.   The pool is wonderul!

It's usually open 8 AM to 10 PM, at least those were the hours last winter on the K. I have found the busiest time to be late afternoon when people are relaxing/recuperating after a day of tours. 

DH and I would go in the morning, just after breakfast. We usually had the pool to ourselves and we would walk in the water without the bubbles on. It's excellent physical therapy. Then we would hit the bubble button and rest on the pipe bed.

Does anyone recall the daily rate for the thermal pool?  We're on the Zaadam in February.  I assume  there is a Thermal pool on the Zaandam.   I have never used it, but I'm seriously considering it.  Thanks.  

9 minutes ago, JJPacer said:

Does anyone recall the daily rate for the thermal pool?  We're on the Zaadam in February.  I assume  there is a Thermal pool on the Zaandam.   I have never used it, but I'm seriously considering it.  Thanks.  

Zaandam is one of the smaller ships and it does not have a thalassotherapy pool. It has a hot tub in the room with the ceramic loungers. Halfacts website has pictures of the spas on the "R" and "S" class ships.