Which promotion do you find the best?

denmarks

Princess constantly has different promotions for the same cruise.

There is on board credit and cabin upgrades.

There are free gratuities.

There are free drink packages.

and who knows what else....

Which promotion do you consider the best considering the net price of the cruise?

I run the math on each possible situation to see what works out best for that specific sailing. The free drinks package doesn't interest us, so it's between the three for free and any other promo with obc and cabin upgrades. 

I find the drink package to be best. I like the % off of wine bottles, free water entire cruise and some drinks here and there.  I'm not thinking about costs adding up with this package.  Is it worth the cost to me, not for what I drink.

We like to book early with the drink package.  We would never purchase the drink package outright as it would not be a good value for us.  Naysayers will tell you that you are paying a premium for the cruise when you book on Sip n Sail but in the several cruises we have booked at least a year in advance on the Sip n Sail the price of the cruise has never dropped below the price we paid on the promo.

• Like 1

3 for free works best for us.  The free gratuities really are a good deal, we got them on our upcoming Sept. 3 Alaska cruise and our Feb. 11 2020 Mexico cruise.  We will be first time elite members on our Sept. 3 cruise and will trade our mini bar for coffee package, another great perk.  Also get the veterans benefit, so we have some nice perks through Princess. We live about 1/2 hour from pier 27 in San Francisco, husband doesn't like flying, so we enjoy cruising out of San Francisco.  Noticed Carnival Miracle will cruise out of pier 27 next year as well,  I like that the third bunk is a sofa sleeper and not an upper bunk.

We don't book based on promotion. We book based on date and itinerary.  What matters most to me at this time is refundable deposits because we never know what will happen.  We've cancelled one cruise in the past 10 years so it's not something we do often but I like the flexibility of not losing my deposit should plans change, but if there are a lot of sea days, the promotion I'd prefer is the drink package. Not needed on port intensive cruises 🙂

Edited by jennybenny

The drink package sounds good until I start pricing it out & then it doesn't.

My TA has it priced both ways - with & without the package & it always cheaper without their special deal. 

• Like 1

We are ready to book the Regal for this coming January but unfortunately there is not much of a sale right now  Someone said the 3 for free should be coming up in Sept.  Princess online agent thinks we should book so we can get the cabins we want, then hope we are still eligible to upgrade.  My fear is it will be for new bookings only!

we drink !  after a visit to I C we get couple of shots in our morning java at the bar. couple glasses of vino at lunch,  napitime then evening cocktails with the gang in Crooners. couple of bottles of wine on the table for our table mates.and after dinner cocktails. With all that it pays off. 

We like the Sip and Sail promo.  We have it booked for 2 upcoming cruises.  One we booked at launch fare, switched over at Sip and Sail time to get drink package at same price as launch, so it was a great deal for us.  We tried the 'big box sale' touted on these boards for the first time and got Sip and Sail, free gratuities, OBC, and a photo credit, with no increase in fare.  

As with any promo, everyone needs to do the math and see which is more advantageous for them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

we drink !  after a visit to I C we get couple of shots in our morning java at the bar. couple glasses of vino at lunch,  napitime then evening cocktails with the gang in Crooners. couple of bottles of wine on the table for our table mates.and after dinner cocktails. With all that it pays off. 

image.jpeg.a3362187964215893cd7d733d998603f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, denmarks said:

Princess constantly has different promotions for the same cruise.

There is on board credit and cabin upgrades.

There are free gratuities.

There are free drink packages.

and who knows what else....

Which promotion do you consider the best considering the net price of the cruise?

We like the included gratuities, when offered.  Drink packages don't interest us, we're not big drinkers (maybe 1 or 2 drinks on a cruise).

Room upgrades, sort of interesting, depends on the cost of cruise with and without the perk.

Onboard Credit, that's good, too.

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

Drinks followed by gratuities.

Either Sip and Sail of 3 for Free. Both have their advantages.  I have to agree with JennyB1977,