Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

4 minutes ago, zalusky said:

Looking closer at the brochure nothing is longer than 10 days which is less than the Covid incubation period of 14 days.  I wonder if there is a deliberate correlation at least for now.

actually on the brochure under ‘Pacific Voyages’ there are couple of 17 night sailings to Honolulu on Radiance out of Brisbane  

29 minutes ago, emmy said:

actually on the brochure under ‘Pacific Voyages’ there are couple of 17 night sailings to Honolulu on Radiance out of Brisbane  

Yea I probably misspoke.  Certainly the transpacific voyages will take longer but the stuff on a regular basis during the season is shorter than 14 days.  However that maybe the way it's always been if you leave out the circumnavigations which they appear to be skipping for this season.  Either way its disappointing because I wanted to move my 2021 cruise to 2022 and there is nothing to move it to.

36 minutes ago, emmy said:

This is the one that we are looking at. Hope it gets posted soon on RCCL

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, zalusky said:

Looking closer at the brochure nothing is longer than 10 days which is less than the Covid incubation period of 14 days.  I wonder if there is a deliberate correlation at least for now.

Doubt it. Royal doesnt do as many 11+ niters as other's and was already doing more shorter Cruises then yrs past. CV can appear in days anyway. Also last 2 months Royal's did release a few other Cruises, I booked a new 13nite Repo 3 weeks ago. It's my thing as only Book 10+ niters and have 10 Booked next 18months already. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

Looking at Ovation and/or Quantum to NZ out of Sydney in Feb 2022 (our backup sailing to our currently booked Feb 2021 Serenade) - only JS available are midship - others say sold out -  already or did I miss the release? 

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like the Ovation cruises in Australia are now loaded.  Still no TP from Vancouver though.  That's what I'm waiting for.

Interesting - nothing posted for Ovation and Quantum in October at all. 

Ovation's last Alaska cruise finishes with a rather strange little 3 nighter 17 to 20 September.  Sydney port schedule then shows Ovation at OPT on 16 October which only leaves 26 days for the 2 legs of TP including 1 day lost to crossing international dateline.  We know the Vancouver ==> Honolulu is usually 10 nights and the Honolulu ==> Sydney leg is usually 18 to 19 nights.

Quantum looks like it finishes Alaska season on 27 September ready for Vancouver ==> Honolulu between 27 Sep and 6 or 7 Oct.  Logically this would mean TP leaving Honolulu 7 October and arriving in Sydney OPT 24 October (Assuming Voyager placeholder).

It may be that RCCL is negotiating with OPT to move these arrivals back a few days and that is why they have yet to be posted and also the following cruises which have not yet been published. 

OPT appears to have an available turn-around slot on 20 October which would mean a 7 day itinerary to align with Ovation's next scheduled slot on 27 October.  There appears to be an available turn-around slot on 26 October which fits in well with a 19 day TP for Quantum.  This could then align with the 7 nighter to match up with the 8 night Tasmania cruise from 2 November. 

Interestingly, none of the Voyager bookings align with Quantum itineraries at OPT and rather align with gaps in the ports schedule.  

Voyager, Serenade and Spectrum currently have no itineraries released for November 2021 to April 2022.  There are also a few bookings for Melbourne under both Voyager and Serenade during Nov / Dec (hard to tell if any are turn-around) 

1 hour ago, banzaii said:

Interesting - nothing posted for Ovation and Quantum in October at all. 

Ovation's last Alaska cruise finishes with a rather strange little 3 nighter 17 to 20 September.  Sydney port schedule then shows Ovation at OPT on 16 October which only leaves 26 days for the 2 legs of TP including 1 day lost to crossing international dateline.  We know the Vancouver ==> Honolulu is usually 10 nights and the Honolulu ==> Sydney leg is usually 18 to 19 nights.

Quantum looks like it finishes Alaska season on 27 September ready for Vancouver ==> Honolulu between 27 Sep and 6 or 7 Oct.  Logically this would mean TP leaving Honolulu 7 October and arriving in Sydney OPT 24 October (Assuming Voyager placeholder).

It may be that RCCL is negotiating with OPT to move these arrivals back a few days and that is why they have yet to be posted and also the following cruises which have not yet been published. 

OPT appears to have an available turn-around slot on 20 October which would mean a 7 day itinerary to align with Ovation's next scheduled slot on 27 October.  There appears to be an available turn-around slot on 26 October which fits in well with a 19 day TP for Quantum.  This could then align with the 7 nighter to match up with the 8 night Tasmania cruise from 2 November. 

Interestingly, none of the Voyager bookings align with Quantum itineraries at OPT and rather align with gaps in the ports schedule.  

Voyager, Serenade and Spectrum currently have no itineraries released for November 2021 to April 2022.  There are also a few bookings for Melbourne under both Voyager and Serenade during Nov / Dec (hard to tell if any are turn-around) 

Have Ports NSW put the official cruise schedule back online?  

Any other source is likely to be out of date since the official schedule was taken offline a few months ago.  

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

It is disappointing to see only 6 cruises to the South Pacific from Sydney during the 2021/2022 cruise season.

Majority is to New Zealand.

Majority of South Pacific cruises  to the South Pacific is from Brisbane.

Yes, I noticed that too.  Further, the South Pacitic cruises from Sydney have less calls at ports requiring tendering, perhaps due to the arduous process of offloading and reloading 4,000 passengers from Quantum class ships.  The tendering ports are the best IMHO.  

There are no Qld coastal cruises from Sydney either - they are all from Brisbane.  

Trying to save fuel? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Yes, I noticed that too.  Further, the South Pacitic cruises from Sydney have less calls at ports requiring tendering, perhaps due to the arduous process of offloading and reloading 4,000 passengers from Quantum class ships.  The tendering ports are the best IMHO.  

There are no Qld coastal cruises from Sydney either - they are all from Brisbane.  

Trying to save fuel? 

Seems like they don't quite understand the market or the difficulty in getting to BrisVegas and the new luggage point terminal for the large number of cruisers who live in or around Sydney.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Seems like they don't quite understand the market or the difficulty in getting to BrisVegas and the new luggage point terminal for the large number of cruisers who live in or around Sydney.

I'm from WA and was cruising about 13-14 times per year.  I had no problem with flying into Sydney. But brisbane. Not so much. I don't like the town.  I even contacted them and asked what would be the story on public transport and got some sort of runaround message.  I want to be able to quickly and reliably get to the port by public transport with one transfer maximum.  Melbourne wouldn't be that great if they started cruising from there, but at least you'd be in Melbourne.  Brisbane. For me, is the least attractive city to cruise out if or spend time in. 

2 hours ago, banzaii said:

I agree... they don't understand the market.  The scheduling also suggests they don't understand southern hemisphere seasons.  

Joining a cruise from Brisbane's new terminal will be workable if you're based in a state capital city or Canberra.  There are non-stop flights and the new cruise terminal is very close to the airport.  Of course Sydney will always be easier for Canberrans. 

Edited by geoff2802

I originally was thinking of doing Oceania for a Bali bottom end cruise but then I stumbled onto the 18 day bottom end cruise for next March which really hit a lot of fun stuff.

I am REALLY disappointed they are not doing similar circumnavigation routes for 2022.  Part of me thinks they are running gun shy and making simple easy to cancel sailings rather than long sailings like Princess or the high end lines.

Wish there was a way to sell FCCs and move to another line.

58 minutes ago, zalusky said:

I originally was thinking of doing Oceania for a Bali bottom end cruise but then I stumbled onto the 18 day bottom end cruise for next March which really hit a lot of fun stuff.

I am REALLY disappointed they are not doing similar circumnavigation routes for 2022.  Part of me thinks they are running gun shy and making simple easy to cancel sailings rather than long sailings like Princess or the high end lines.

It really is too bad. We just did the circumnavigation ending March 14. It was great fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zalusky said:

The bottom end doesn't included bali.  You wouldn't really see much on a day trip to bali.  It's a great value and delightful place to visit, provided you know which areas are best for you. 

1 hour ago, MichellePerth said:

The bottom end doesn't included bali.  You wouldn't really see much on a day trip to bali.  It's a great value and delightful place to visit, provided you know which areas are best for you. 

Oceania did Bali to Sydney and stayed in ports longer but RCCL did Perth to NZ and ended in Sydney so I went for that.  It was a tough call.  Of course it looks like RCCL may be dumping  the bottom and top all together.  At least for 2022.

14 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

I'm from WA and was cruising about 13-14 times per year.  I had no problem with flying into Sydney. But brisbane. Not so much. I don't like the town.  I even contacted them and asked what would be the story on public transport and got some sort of runaround message.  I want to be able to quickly and reliably get to the port by public transport with one transfer maximum.  Melbourne wouldn't be that great if they started cruising from there, but at least you'd be in Melbourne.  Brisbane. For me, is the least attractive city to cruise out if or spend time in. 

Brisbane Cruise Port will be easy to get to just get a taxi from the airport or stay at a Airport Hotel. 
The shuttle companies for sure will be taking people to the new terminals from the city centre. 

Edited by springaussie

20 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Trying to save fuel? 

I would not be getting too concerned about it.

This is the rough guide to get money.

Heaps of deployment hurdles are ahead for the cruise companies.

Things like.

New Zealand agreeing.

Canada and USA agreeing with the other 6 months of the schedule.

Royal swapping ships will be common to get the cruises back running. 

Radiance's future with being so close to 20 year dry dock and the down time and cost that bringing her back into service so quickly after the pause.

Certain Australian States not agreeing to cruise ships.