Jump to content

Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

So does anyone think we could see some deployment changes for this year and next? Marella Cruises have already announced a pretty major shake up of itineraries.

Undoubtedly there will be deployment changes at royal.  I don’t get the comparison to a package tour company that runs 5 ships.  Can you explain why the two  entities are comparable? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MichellePerth said:

Undoubtedly there will be deployment changes at royal.  I don’t get the comparison to a package tour company that runs 5 ships.  Can you explain why the two  entities are comparable? 

I only used Marella as an example because it’s the first one I’ve seen to make changes to where the ships are supposed to be sailing due to this.  Marella is also part owned by RCL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 3:38 PM, MichellePerth said:

I’m certain I heard that Dublin was tired of cruise ships and was not allowing new dates after the already booked sailings.  Apparently the populace didn’t want them, much like Venice.  Pretty sure it was in dons family Vacations on YouTube. 

Dublin announced limits on cruises last year, explaining the Celebrity Reflection's move from Dublin to Amsterdam in 2021.https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/dublin-port-defends-decision-to-restrict-cruise-ships-1.3833857

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JimVB said:

Dublin announced limits on cruises last year, explaining the Celebrity Reflection's move from Dublin to Amsterdam in 2021.https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/dublin-port-defends-decision-to-restrict-cruise-ships-1.3833857

We're booked on Celebrity Reflection July 2021...We've cruised out of Dublin before and very happy with the change to Amsterdam, a new port for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Also, I think it’s very odd RCL are sending Empress and Majesty across to Europe instead of sending one larger ship, could they be about to leave the fleet 🤔

Uh oh.  I was hoping to do Empress to Bermuda next May, recreating the Hamilton/St. Georges itinerary not possible to larger ships

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We're booked on Celebrity Reflection July 2021...We've cruised out of Dublin before and very happy with the change to Amsterdam, a new port for us.

We are booked on the transatlantic to Amsterdam next April; did the one to Dublin last year.  We'd prefer Dublin, but then our daughter lives there....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JimVB said:

Uh oh.  I was hoping to do Empress to Bermuda next May, recreating the Hamilton/St. Georges itinerary not possible to larger ships

That’s what I was thinking 😞 Seems like a very odd choice of ships...

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ourusualbeach mentioned on a different thread that Royal confirmed on the TA webinar they are coming back to the west coast.  Finally.  No details just a confirmation that a ship is coming.  That brief temporary listing of Voyageur at the port of LA seems to be materializing. 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 10:34 AM, Jack McGowan said:

I only used Marella as an example because it’s the first one I’ve seen to make changes to where the ships are supposed to be sailing due to this.  Marella is also part owned by RCL. 

I don’t think Royal has any interest in Marella.  Marella is owned by TUI Group.  Royal and TUI group each have a 50% stake in TUI cruises.  TUI cruises has leased The old Splendour to Marella.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see on Captain Kate’s IG they are transferring from the Edge (and various other ships) to the Grandeur at CocoCay pier. The crew are then walking through Grandeur and boarding Adventure, lol. This is due to Adventure not having any tender platforms. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I see on Captain Kate’s IG they are transferring from the Edge (and various other ships) to the Grandeur at CocoCay pier. The crew are then walking through Grandeur and boarding Adventure, lol. This is due to Adventure not having any tender platforms. 

Like river cruises, which often tie up 2-3 deep along the shore. We have had to walk through/over several other boats to go ashore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RoamingRetirees said:

Like river cruises, which often tie up 2-3 deep along the shore. We have had to walk through/over several other boats to go ashore.

Yep, exactly. The only difference being the pier in the middle!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t think Royal has any interest in Marella.  Marella is owned by TUI Group.  Royal and TUI group each have a 50% stake in TUI cruises.  TUI cruises has leased The old Splendour to Marella.

 

Haapag Lloyd was even just sold at 50% to Royal Carribean in February. TUI AG held the company and sold it to the joint venture. 

 

RCL does have a Marine Operations that is over all ships in their fleet including the joint ventures. 

 

I was talking in Swedish with Patrik Dahlgren the Captain of Oasis at the time and he had just been promoted to the position of VP of Operations of Global Marine Operations. 

 

His Bio at the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce gives some information about this. I think the headquarters is in Germany together with Miami. 

 

http://sacc-sfl.org/patrik-dahlgren-at-royal-caribbean/

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

 

Haapag Lloyd was even just sold at 50% to Royal Carribean in February. TUI AG held the company and sold it to the joint venture. 

 

RCL does have a Marine Operations that is over all ships in their fleet including the joint ventures. 

 

I was talking in Swedish with Patrik Dahlgren the Captain of Oasis at the time and he had just been promoted to the position of VP of Operations of Global Marine Operations. 

 

His Bio at the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce gives some information about this. I think the headquarters is in Germany together with Miami. 

 

http://sacc-sfl.org/patrik-dahlgren-at-royal-caribbean/

Thanks for the update 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Australian Travel Agent Claims

 

"The Royal Caribbean Trans Pacific Cruises September 2021 are going on sale this Friday

The cruise ships are Ovation Of The seas' Quantum Of The Seas and Radiance Of the Seas"

 

I assume Thursday in the USA.

Interestingly No Serenade.

Deployment Flyer still says Coming Soon!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Australian Travel Agent Claims

 

"The Royal Caribbean Trans Pacific Cruises September 2021 are going on sale this Friday

The cruise ships are Ovation Of The seas' Quantum Of The Seas and Radiance Of the Seas"

 

I assume Thursday in the USA.

Interestingly No Serenade.

Deployment Flyer still says Coming Soon!

There's currently a 12 night from Singapore to Tokyo in April '21 for Ovation and a 14 night Singapore to Tokyo for Quantum in late March. I don't know whether that's part of the initial planned TP or whether it still fits in to the new TP deployment post corona.

Edited by Ethanol95
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, springaussie said:

Australian Travel Agent Claims

 

"The Royal Caribbean Trans Pacific Cruises September 2021 are going on sale this Friday

The cruise ships are Ovation Of The seas' Quantum Of The Seas and Radiance Of the Seas"

 

I assume Thursday in the USA.

Interestingly No Serenade.

Deployment Flyer still says Coming Soon!

Springaussie, any news on the AU deployment for 2021/2022?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Springaussie, any news on the AU deployment for 2021/2022?

Another Travel Agent claims here in Oz.

 

Quantum, Ovation and Radiance are the 3 RCI ships coming in 21/22. On Thursday 11 June RCI will be opening up the 2021-2022 Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific holidays for sale.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, springaussie said:

Australian Travel Agent Claims

 

"The Royal Caribbean Trans Pacific Cruises September 2021 are going on sale this Friday

The cruise ships are Ovation Of The seas' Quantum Of The Seas and Radiance Of the Seas"

 

I assume Thursday in the USA.

Interestingly No Serenade.

Deployment Flyer still says Coming Soon!

I know you can't name TA here but I cannot find your source.  Can you provide key words to search on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, springaussie said:

Australian Travel Agent Claims

 

"The Royal Caribbean Trans Pacific Cruises September 2021 are going on sale this Friday

The cruise ships are Ovation Of The seas' Quantum Of The Seas and Radiance Of the Seas"

 

I assume Thursday in the USA.

Interestingly No Serenade.

Deployment Flyer still says Coming Soon!

Is Serenade due for dry dock in this timeframe?  If so, I assume the work would be done in Singapore.  In this case, Aussie TA's wouldn't mention the repositioning via Asia in a release of Trans Pacific cruises. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Is Serenade due for dry dock in this timeframe?  If so, I assume the work would be done in Singapore.  In this case, Aussie TA's wouldn't mention the repositioning via Asia in a release of Trans Pacific cruises. 

2 interesting new bookings I discovered a couple of weeks ago for Serenade is Darwin 6 March 2022 and Hong Kong 16 April 2022. Meaning a Singapore dry dock March - April 2022. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, springaussie said:

2 interesting new bookings I discovered a couple of weeks ago for Serenade is Darwin 6 March 2022 and Hong Kong 16 April 2022. Meaning a Singapore dry dock March - April 2022. 

Good finds.  The fact that those bookings were made quite recently is a pretty good indicator.  

I still think that Serenade will be deployed to Melbourne and they will announce this separately as it is a new home port for the Royal brand.  Serenade still appears in Honolulu port calendar on Oct 7, 2021 and the Celebrity Eclipse turnarounds are still in Melbourne's calendar (first entry on Nov 13, 2021).  With those 2 entries you picked up in Sydney (apparently for charters), it all lines up.  Of course the plan could have changed since these bookings were made.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

I still think that Serenade will be deployed to Melbourne and they will announce this separately as it is a new home port for the Royal brand.

Just checking the 2022/23 port schedule for Melbourne and it is also showing Celebrity Eclipse as a regular turn around visitor.

 

Also on a side note, Sydney Ports before been taken down was showing a RCCL ship as a regular visitor past the normal April cruise season (it was to early June) any guess if this will still occur. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...