Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

Would love to see Spectrum in Europe, although it’s unlikely, sadly...

Same with Voyager, although I’d like to see her as the 2nd ship sailing from Southampton.

Seems Quantum otS sails Hawaii/Australia after her Alaska season...

Edited by shipfriend_max

1 hour ago, shipfriend_max said:

Would love to see Spectrum in Europe, although it’s unlikely, sadly...

Same with Voyager, although I’d like to see her as the 2nd ship sailing from Southampton.

Seems Quantum otS sails Hawaii/Australia after her Alaska season...

If voyager goes to LA Sydney will be down one ship.

I think we will see quantum and ovation doing a similar itinerary.

I was told by the senior crew on Ovation that wonder will be in Australia during our season.

55 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

If voyager goes to LA Sydney will be down one ship.

I think we will see quantum and ovation doing a similar itinerary.

I was told by the senior crew on Ovation that wonder will be in Australia during our season.

I guess Wonder would commence operating from Australia (Brisbane) when Lelepa is up and running.  AFAIK, they haven't said whether they are targeting early or late 2022.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/what-is-perfect-day-at-lelepa

This could easily be delayed as Royal will be conserving capital.  

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

They had a long term deal with Singapore, not sure what's happening with that.

I magine contracts between cruise lines and port authorities would normally include force majeure clauses.  

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The current cash crunch may severely delay the work at Lelepa.

I think there’s a bit of US and Australian foreign aid involved.

Back track a couple of years,A Chinese front company wanted to buy a Island in that harbour, Havana harbour.A large natural harbour.

That area is a tug war  as it’s suspect the Chinese navy wants a navy base.

Uncle Sam told the Australian government this is not going to happen.

Enter Royal Carribean on to the stage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

That is most likely Quantum following her Alaska season. 

Last time I checked, the Unnamed Vessel was entering Australian waters with a call at Fremantle followed by calls in Adelaide and Hobart before arriving in Sydney.   Perhaps this arrangement pre-dated Quantum's Alaska deployment and is now obsolete.  

3 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Last time I checked, the Unnamed Vessel was entering Australian waters with a call at Fremantle followed by calls in Adelaide and Hobart before arriving in Sydney.   Perhaps this arrangement pre-dated Quantum's Alaska deployment and is now obsolete.  

That certainly could be. 

The good news is that evidence of the Hawaii port calls will be coming in soon as they report 18 months to the day out. I do not think Royal Caribbean will release the Australian season for a few weeks yet. 

It will be interesting to see just how much of the already deployed sailings will be altered. Royal Caribbean actually seem to have positioned themselves quite well for this crisis with the deployment. I think shorter sailings will do well in 2021-22. 

Do you think there is more possibility of adding shorter sailings in Australia? 

7 hours ago, MADflyer said:

That certainly could be. 

The good news is that evidence of the Hawaii port calls will be coming in soon as they report 18 months to the day out. I do not think Royal Caribbean will release the Australian season for a few weeks yet. 

It will be interesting to see just how much of the already deployed sailings will be altered. Royal Caribbean actually seem to have positioned themselves quite well for this crisis with the deployment. I think shorter sailings will do well in 2021-22. 

Do you think there is more possibility of adding shorter sailings in Australia? 

Yes, they could shcedule some more shorter sailings, although it's 2 sea days to any foreign port.   If Royal wants to add more shorter cruises, they would accomplish this with domestic sailings.  I do agree that longer international sailings will be difficult to sell.  

15 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Yes, they could shcedule some more shorter sailings, although it's 2 sea days to any foreign port.   If Royal wants to add more shorter cruises, they would accomplish this with domestic sailings.  I do agree that longer international sailings will be difficult to sell.  

As you said it’s 2 days to any foreign port which makes most our itineraries longer than the average.

The only problem with shorter itineraries is the congestion in Sydney and securing a birth. I don’t think they would go to doubling up each day at circular quay.

With the proposed new cruise port at botany they may use the container terminal in the short term which would ease congestion.

With that we could see shorter cruises with more turnaround.

On 3/21/2020 at 6:26 PM, Chiliburn said:

As you said it’s 2 days to any foreign port which makes most our itineraries longer than the average.

The only problem with shorter itineraries is the congestion in Sydney and securing a birth. I don’t think they would go to doubling up each day at circular quay.

With the proposed new cruise port at botany they may use the container terminal in the short term which would ease congestion.

With that we could see shorter cruises with more turnaround.

What about Melbourne and Brisbane as turnaround ports?

Roy

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Melbourne is a nice town and Brisbane has things going for it but Sydney Harbour is the destination everyone wants.

Its was congested 10 years ago.

9 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Brisbane and Melbourne is where the growth will come from until the third terminal opens in Sydney, several years from now.   Both have decent options for short domestic itneraries if Royal decides this is the best option.   

Speculation is that the 2021-22 Melbourne port bookings in the name of Celebrity Eclipse are placeholders for Serenade.  Highly uncertain of course. 

Possible redeployment to announce fall 2021 Allure and Liberty cruises:  

Looks like a delay for Galveston’s Terminal 3.   Capitol Project on hold; due diligence period extension to April 9, 2021 requested by RC.  

details on slide 31 below:

https://www.portofgalveston.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/3347?fileID=5011

Completely  understandable as a business decision, but I was sure looking forward to my Allure cruise next November.     Now the guessing begins - will Liberty of the Seas fall 2021 schedule be redeployed back to Galveston?   Allure redeploy back to Miami?

New sailings for Spectrum from January to October 2021 are now available to book. It looks like she will move back to Shanghai after her HK season at the end of January then move to Beijing (Tianjin) in the summer then back to Hong Kong in October. I think this means that if there are no changes, that Wonder will move to Shanghai to take Spectrum's place in June/July.

1 hour ago, BSocial said:

Looks like a delay for Galveston’s Terminal 3.   Capitol Project on hold; due diligence period extension to April 9, 2021 requested by RC.  

Completely  understandable as a business decision, but I was sure looking forward to my Allure cruise next November.     Now the guessing begins - will Liberty of the Seas fall 2021 schedule be redeployed back to Galveston?   Allure redeploy back to Miami?

This would explain why Liberty’s planned  3/4 night cruises from Miami weren’t made available with the rest of the Short Caribbean / Bahamas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BSocial said:

New terminal looks good though

We are watching this thread.  We are booked on the Allure for Thanksgiving 2021, sounds like this booking won't happen. Very sad, we were on the Allure a few years ago and were extremely excited to get back on an Oasis class ship so convenient to us in Galveston.  Hopefully we will hear on the resolution quickly.  I understand the delay due to the lack of cash/income from the shutdown, hopefully it is just a delay.