Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

Odyssey of the Seas will officially be sailing out of Ft Lauderdale, itineraries announced: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2020_2021/19069847_OY.pdf

Also, got official word that she will be sailing in Europe in 2021, no official details on homeport(s) yet.

Edited by Phamer55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phamer55 said:

Odyssey of the Seas will officially be sailing out of Ft Lauderdale, itineraries announced: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2020_2021/19069847_OY.pdf

Also, got official word that she will be sailing in Europe in 2021, no official details on homeport(s) yet.

Any info on what the itinerary will be in Europe?

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/21567-odyssey-of-the-seas-to-sail-from-port-everglades-before-summer-2021-in-europe.html

Odyssey's Caribbean cruises are now open for sale; and Europe itineraries will open in November 2019.

I'm glad eurropean itineraries won't be revealed again in December.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

OMG I've been obsessing over what ship will do Greek isles in 2021, thinking it would be Explorer or Jewel/Brilliance class & now I'm almost hoping it will be Odyssey. I've never wanted to do Oasis class & the big new ships generally don't appeal to me but there is just something about Odyssey that is calling to me......crossing fingers.....although I have a feeling it will be cruising out of the UK

If I wasn't saving all money money for Europe I would already be booked on the Odessey out of Ft Lauderdale

Edited by Jax129

On 9/11/2019 at 2:19 AM, springaussie said:

Odyssey of the Seas Name is used for a booking Grand Cayman 15 August 2021. 

Given the news of Odyssey's deployment, perhaps this entry is for the same ship that is booked into Brisbane and Sydney on 8 and 10 June 2021 respectively, in the name of Voyager of the Seas.  The timing works if a few Pacific coastals or Mexico cruises were included.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jax129 said:

OMG I've been obsessing over what ship will do Greek isles in 2021, thinking it would be Explorer or Jewel/Brilliance class & now I'm almost hoping it will be Odyssey. I've never wanted to do Oasis class & the big new ships generally don't appeal to me but there is just something about Odyssey that is calling to me......crossing fingers.....although I have a feeling it will be cruising out of the UK

If I wasn't saving all money money for Europe I would already be booked on the Odessey out of Ft Lauderdale

Rhapsody will do Greek Isles from Venice, Vision from Barcelona and Explorer from Civitavecchia again in summer 2021. Odyssey will do Greek Islands cruises in Spring and Fall of 2021 according to port registries.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Rhapsody will do Greek Isles from Venice, Vision from Barcelona and Explorer from Civitavecchia again in summer 2021. Odyssey will do Greek Islands cruises in Spring and Fall of 2021 according to port registries.

I acknowledge the port registries but can’t see Odyssey doing Greek islands. I love this itinerary, doing it previously on Jewel and next year on Explorer. Based on the ports I think Odyssey is just too big. Even on jewel they moved the itinerary around due to congestion with other ships. Tendering would probably be needed at most stops. At Santorini they’d need an extra cable car. My guess would be that Odyssey will do the 7 night western med that Oasis is doing this year and Allure is doing next year. It’s probably also the easiest way for RC to maximise the revenue. 

13 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I acknowledge the port registries but can’t see Odyssey doing Greek islands. I love this itinerary, doing it previously on Jewel and next year on Explorer. Based on the ports I think Odyssey is just too big. Even on jewel they moved the itinerary around due to congestion with other ships. Tendering would probably be needed at most stops. At Santorini they’d need an extra cable car. My guess would be that Odyssey will do the 7 night western med that Oasis is doing this year and Allure is doing next year. It’s probably also the easiest way for RC to maximise the revenue. 

Harmony is scheduled to do the 7 night western med itinerary in 2021 and again in 2022. Odyssey can go to Piraeus, Santorini, Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes and even Istanbul.

3 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

My guess would be that Odyssey will do the 7 night western med that Oasis is doing this year and Allure is doing next year. It’s probably also the easiest way for RC to maximise the revenue. 

There will be an Oasis Class in Europe every summer from now on, so those are the only ships that will do the 7NT Barcelona/Rome to the Western Med run.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

8 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

In a recent article I read that two of the world's largest ships will call in 2021 at the new Istanbul port. I bet the one is gonna be Odyssey. In the article it was also confirmed that RCI will return to Istanbul in 2021.

I hope you’re right 🤞🏻

• Like 1

Also the name of the ship is derived from the greek word Odysseia (Homer's epic poem Odyssey), so it seems logical to have a connection with Greece and the choice to deploy it there doing some cruises in honor of its name makes sense. For marketing and promotional reasons this would work. More likely is to substitute Explorer from Civitavecchia, even though from port registries it seems that Explorer remains in the area too.

3 hours ago, dub237 said:

Odyssey will call athenes on this date in 2021

16/05

25/05

03/06

13/09

22/09

01/10

11/10

21/10

02/11

I hope also odyssey will go to Istanbul for an overnight, this city is amazing 

Are these in Canadian format?  Assuming 02/11 is February 11th to me but I'm thinking it's November 2nd.  

6 hours ago, toad455 said:

I'm still hoping the Odyssey will replace the Anthem in Bayonne for the winter of 2021-2022.

Anyone know if that's the long term plan?  Looks like it's out of Fort Lauderdale until April 2021, which is interesting for Quantum class ship.

11 hours ago, dub237 said:

Odyssey will call athenes on this date in 2021

16/05

25/05

03/06

13/09

22/09

01/10

11/10

21/10

02/11

I hope also odyssey will go to Istanbul for an overnight, this city is amazing 

I found some of those same dates you mentioned above. Couldn't find anything for Odyssey from Istanbul or other ports yet. Perhaps they are holding back publishing it for now.

As for Athens, Greece, it's all here from this link below.

www.olp.gr/en/cruise-greece/cruise-programme/item/download/15540_093cdf70621d69e4fe8f6c826db76b19

Some screen shots.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Has anyone been able to determine which ships would possibly sail Norway/Baltics in 2021? I tried sleuthing some port schedules but came up with nothing.

I’m guessing it would be Radiance class but also curious if some of the itineraries will change a bit. I’m eyeing the 13 night Ultimate Scandinavia but hoping for more than 1 Arctic Circle cruise (just Norway).