Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

37 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

All i see is the announced information about the current changes made this year. I am referring to the 1 in Apr that some people are talking about as the reason for Voyager to return to Singapore earlier than previously scheduled.

6 minutes ago, direptor said:

All i see is the announced information about the current changes made this year. I am referring to the 1 in Apr that some people are talking about as the reason for Voyager to return to Singapore earlier than previously scheduled.

I haven't seen anything from the cruise line on that.

3 hours ago, direptor said:

Just to check, i saw a few posts about Voyager undergoing another refurbishment in Apr 2020.  Can i know where is this news from? I do agree that the current amplification is rather pathetic compared to the rest of her sisters but I can't seem to find any such information online about this extra refurbishment.

I’ve not been tracking what’s been publicly posted by RCI about Voyager’s dry docks, but the second dry dock you’re referring to is to take place in April 2021 (not 2020).  

We found out about it b/c we’re scheduled to be on the affected cruise.  We received an email and a phone call from RCI advising of the change due to the dry dock starting earlier than originally planned.  

Other than that, I don’t know what is out there for the changes that are to take place.  

Cheers

2 minutes ago, atgood said:

I’ve not been tracking what’s been publicly posted by RCI about Voyager’s dry docks, but the second dry dock you’re referring to is to take place in April 2021 (not 2020).  

We found out about it b/c we’re scheduled to be on the affected cruise.  We received an email and a phone call from RCI advising of the change due to the dry dock starting earlier than originally planned.  

Other than that, I don’t know what is out there for the changes that are to take place.  

Cheers

Opps its 2021 not 2020. Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will add more to her to make her more similar to her sisters.

Specially bought the unlimited dining package for my cruise in nov hoping for some new restaurants and was damn disappointed that nothing new was added...

5 hours ago, direptor said:

Royal mentioned the 2022 dry dock in the notice to passengers who were booked on the original Sydney to Singapore cruise 21 April 2022.

6 hours ago, springaussie said:

Royal mentioned the 2022 dry dock in the notice to passengers who were booked on the original Sydney to Singapore cruise 21 April 2022.

It is actually April 2021, we are on the last cruise in Sydney - the one after was cancelled as VY is heading to Singapore for the next dry dock.

• Like 1

Here is a summary of the apparent deployment of the Unnamed Vessel: 

Enters Australia at Fremantle Oct 25, 2021.  

Cruises to Sydney via Adelaide and Hobart, arriving Nov 2, 2021.  

Home ported in Sydney through to June 8, 2022.  Season finishes late to coincide with the Vivid festival in late May / early June.  

Calls at Brisbane on June 10, 2022. 

Leaves Australia from Darwin June 16, 2022.  

Based on the above, the ship appears to be one of the Quantum class vessels based in Asia. 

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

Port of Brisbane Updated.

Radiance booked October 2021 to April 2022.

Voyager April 2022

Ovation June 2022

The booking for the ‘Voyager’  08 June 2021 is still on the bookings. 

Interestingly no Voyager booking October 2021 but Darwin has one. 

Thx for the update.  

So Voyager (or the ship it is a placeholder for) and the Unnamed vessel return to Asia in April 2022 and June 2022 respectively.   This suggests that only two ships will do the transpacific at the end of this season, Ovation and Radiance.  

Either Alaska is reduced from 3 ships to 2, which seems unlikely, or the third ship will come from somewhere else.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Here is a summary of the apparent deployment of the Unnamed Vessel: 

Enters Australia at Fremantle Oct 25, 2021.  

Cruises to Sydney via Adelaide and Hobart, arriving Nov 2, 2021.  

Home ported in Sydney through to June 8, 2022.  Season finishes late to coincide with the Vivid festival in late May / early June.  

Calls at Brisbane on June 10, 2022. 

Leaves Australia from Darwin June 16, 2022.  

Based on the above, the ship appears to be one of the Quantum class vessels based in Asia. 

That unnamed ship appears to be Quantum Class.

Geoff the one that has me thinking is the June 2021 calls which is appearing to be something from the USA which does not fit thru the Panama Canal or is it really Voyager? 

30 minutes ago, springaussie said:

That unnamed ship appears to be Quantum Class.

Geoff the one that has me thinking is the June 2021 calls which is appearing to be something from the USA which does not fit thru the Panama Canal or is it really Voyager? 

Your initial theory that the ship with the June 2021 calls is on its way to the US is as good as any.   No idea if it is Voyager or another ship.  It's likely to be Voyager class.  

I can't see Royal deploying a really large ship to the US West coast or going around Cape Horn.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Your initial theory that the ship with the June 2021 calls is on its way to the US is as good as any.   No idea if it is Voyager or another ship.  It's likely to be Voyager class.  

I can't see Royal deploying a really large ship to the US West coast or going around Cape Horn.  

Thinking about this a bit more...  Hong Kong tourism has now fallen sharply and there is no resolution in sight.  I think Royal will walk away from HK and Voyager will depart.  

A second Quantum class in Sydney supports this by providing a larger capacity, higher yielding replacement for Voyager.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Something large is coming to LA. over 110 feet in length and 5000 plus passengers.

https://www.portoflosangeles.org/references/news_093019_outer_harbor

• Like 1

First Dates for 21/22 Deployment going on sale 

Week of October 28, 2019Alaska & Hawaii

Week of November 4, 20197+ NightCaribbean

Week of November 11, 2019Europe & Dubai

Week November 18, 2019Short Francis Caribbean

Week of December 2, 2019Northeast, Canada & Bermuda

Week of December 9 To Be Advised.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

I have not read through the whole thread and I apologize if it has been addressed.  Any time frame for the 2021 Alaska dates?  Thanks in advance.  Just back from Bermuda and looking to try something new.  Dan

According to the post directly above yours, it's the week of October 28.

Edited by timf2001
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, springaussie said:

That unnamed ship appears to be Quantum Class...the one that has me thinking is the June 2021 calls which is appearing to be something from the USA which does not fit thru the Panama Canal ...? 

Are you thinking Oasis Class? Quantum Class will fit into the new Panama Canal locks (427m x 55m) and it's highly likely (I give it a 99.999% certainty) it can fit under the Bridge of Americas on the Pacific side, as Ovation fit under the Lion's Gate bridge in Vancouver, an almost exact replica to the BoA with almost the exact same span height, by lowering her funnels.

10 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

From what Miami has reported in the past, I doubt it as well.... but I can dream....

3 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Icon or Quantum class ship? Perhaps doing 7-night Mexican Riviera cruises from Los Angeles?

Oh wow.... can you imagine? Odyssey doing PC and a few Mexican Riviera sailings during the Caribbean hurricane season. Like Ovation's 1st Alaska sailing, I'd be booking those on the very first day they'd be offered. I'd bet those sailings would sell extremely quickly.

So excited to finally have a date when I can book my Greek Isles cruise. I've been planning for a year & there's just something about putting that deposit down and picking the perfect cabin that makes it more real

• Like 2

NSW Ports has provided an update on the process and timeline for a third cruise terminal in Sydney.  

https://www.yoursaycruisecapacity.com.au

Key message is that it is going to take a long time to relieve the congestion in Sydney OPT.  We should expect cruise lines to send larger ships rather than more ships to Sydney for the next several years. 

I'd also expect cruise lines to increase their capacity in Brisbane and Melbourne to grow the Australian market.  

7 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Oh wow.... can you imagine? Odyssey doing PC and a few Mexican Riviera sailings during the Caribbean hurricane season. Like Ovation's 1st Alaska sailing, I'd be booking those on the very first day they'd be offered. I'd bet those sailings would sell extremely quickly.

Carnival, NCL and Princess sent out newer ships (Panorama, Joy and Royal Princess respectively), so I'd agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mugtech said:

Anyone know when the Jewel OTS goes into dry dock?  We will be on her from Dubai arriving in Barcelona on 4/7/21, wondering if a Med cruise will be available.

I've not seen a schedule for Jewel, but it has to happen Spring 2021 since the last one was April 2016.