Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

4 hours ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Would anyone be willing to venture a guess on what ship will be doing the Baltic/ N. Europe, summer 2021.  We were hoping to go on the Jewel for the 10 night Scandinavia/Russia in 2020, but we couldn’t swing it.  We love the Jewel and have our hope that they may repeat the itinerary on her for 2021.

It will be Jewel again in summer 2021 from Copenhagen / Stockholm and Brilliance again from Amsterdam.

12 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

They are still missing multiple 9 day sailings on the Explorer as well for February and March 2021.  A couple have been there for 6 months now, but several are still mysteriously absent.  I am assuming a charter, but there are a fair number of the 9 day Explorer cruises missing, not just one or two.

yeah, still a mystery. It's believed there are 2, 7-day charters during that 4 week hole. Maybe RCCL is waiting to see what else fills up or possibly there's another charter in the works? The gap is between Feb. 21 - March 21.

12 hours ago, toad455 said:

yeah, still a mystery. It's believed there are 2, 7-day charters during that 4 week hole. Maybe RCCL is waiting to see what else fills up or possibly there's another charter in the works? The gap is between Feb. 21 - March 21.

All of the missing cruises are 9 day cruises.  The alternating 6 day cruises due to the nine day/six day pattern were all posted six months ago.  If they do 7 day charters on the Explorer,  I wonder what they would do with the 2 extra days the ship is not used each time.

I don't know if this contributes anything useful, but Explorer is doing two charters (1980s and Star Trek) in March 2020 and has been chosen for the March 2021 versions of those cruises as well (Star Trek, at least--I assume both). They're both 7 days (or 7 nights, however the math works)--I don't know about 9-day cruises.

Edited by squick64

On 9/18/2019 at 2:47 PM, atgood said:

We just got the phone call.  Voyager is now departing from Sydney on April 12, 2021.  It’s the same itinerary, just leaving sooner.  All of the details are supposed to be in an email they’re sending out.  

The Spring 2021 Voyager OTS repo cruise from Sydney to Singapore has been cancelled altogether.  The new date was to be April 12.  We just called to change/confirm to that date per the email we received last week, and we were told it also has been cancelled.   The next sailing available before the cancelled April 12 date is the 9nt cruise on April 3.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, atgood said:

The Spring 2021 Voyager OTS repo cruise from Sydney to Singapore has been cancelled altogether.  The new date was to be April 12.  We just called to change/confirm to that date per the email we received last week, and we were told it also has been cancelled.   The next sailing available before the cancelled April 12 date is the 9nt cruise on April 3.

WOW  just yesterday I moved my Voyager April 21/21 to Odyssey.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:20 PM, Russ Lomas said:

All of the missing cruises are 9 day cruises.  The alternating 6 day cruises due to the nine day/six day pattern were all posted six months ago.  If they do 7 day charters on the Explorer,  I wonder what they would do with the 2 extra days the ship is not used each time.

Feb. 12(2021) is a 9-day that concludes Feb. 21. The two 7-day cruises that are chartered are likely to follow(Feb. 28 & March 7). This leaves the gap between March 14 - 21. The next available cruise to book is March 21(5 day). I'm guessing that may be another 7-day charter or RCCL will just open up a 7-day cruise if nothing gets chartered.

43 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Feb. 12(2021) is a 9-day that concludes Feb. 21. The two 7-day cruises that are chartered are likely to follow(Feb. 28 & March 7). This leaves the gap between March 14 - 21. The next available cruise to book is March 21(5 day). I'm guessing that may be another 7-day charter or RCCL will just open up a 7-day cruise if nothing gets chartered.

Thanks for the info (even though I do not like it).  We have always wanted to do that 9 day southern cruise leaving from Florida and have never had the opportunity to do so.  We can only cruise one particular week (in March) due to our jobs and our kids' scheduled March break week.  RCCL NEVER offers that 9 day cruise over our break week we have been waiting for 10 years now.  Thought 2021 was finally going to be the year because the Explorer did the 9/5 day alternating cruises and that left a 9 day hole for the time we can travel that year.  Guess if we ever want a cruise with that itinerary, we are going to have to switch cruise lines.

10 hours ago, atgood said:

Thanks for sharing.  I'm wondering whether they are moving the repositioning earlier still or if there is a different change of plan.   

When you say "cancelled altogether", do you mean that Royal indicated that Voyager is not going to Singapore at all?  

10 hours ago, atgood said:

It is Autumn ( Fall) in Australia in April.

52 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Thanks for sharing.  I'm wondering whether they are moving the repositioning earlier still or if there is a different change of plan.   

When you say "cancelled altogether", do you mean that Royal indicated that Voyager is not going to Singapore at all?  

I was told the last cruise available for booking before the dry dock is April 3, 2021, which is a 9nt round trip from Sydney.  The dry dock is happening after that one now.  Maybe there’s a non-revenue teardown/dry dock prep cruise to Singapore.  

I do not know where the dry dock is happening or where cruises will be from afterwards.  

50 minutes ago, pspercy said:

Have they even started the new terminal yet ?

Where would an Oasis class cruise to? Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, every week? Royal and Carnival are planning to build a pier at Grand Cayman, allowing Oasis class ships to dock. That would make the Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica itinerary feasible. But will it be completed by 2021?

7 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Most likely Anthem/Independence announced between December of 2019 to April of 2020.

Not really. The big ships from Southampton have never done British Isle cruises. They are not able to dock in many ports. It has always been the smaller ships out of Amsterdam or Copenhagen so I trust it will be Brilliance again in 2021 from Amsterdam.  

56 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

They are not able to dock in many ports. It has always been the smaller ships out of Amsterdam or Copenhagen so I trust it will be Brilliance again in 2021 from Amsterdam.  

Some lines have been changing their itineraries to avoid Amsterdam due to the new higher port fees.

10 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Where would an Oasis class cruise to? Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, every week? Royal and Carnival are planning to build a pier at Grand Cayman, allowing Oasis class ships to dock. That would make the Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica itinerary feasible. But will it be completed by 2021?

Liberty didn't dock at Grand Cayman and Belize .. so docks is not a requirement for Oasis to go to those ports 

3 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

Liberty didn't dock at Grand Cayman and Belize .. so docks is not a requirement for Oasis to go to those ports 

That's incorrect. Oasis class ships never visit tender ports of call. The task of tendering 6000+ passengers to and from the dock is virtually impossible.

• Like 2