Margaritaville,.. reserve ahead? Worth it?

MrsTravelBug

1 minute ago, MrsTravelBug said:

My husband and I will be sailing on the Getaway in November and have a question about Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville.  Can we just show up or should we reserve ahead?  Do you think the food is worth the surcharge?

You wont need to reserve because no one will be in there.  I personally don’t think it’s worth the price but you may think otherwise.

6 minutes ago, GratefulRIC said:

Agreed on the no reserve.  We still go once or twice during the week even though they charge.. usually we split a single order of the huge nacho platter and the margs are really great.  

On the NCL site it says Margaritaville is $14.95 per person.  Did you pay the $14.95 plus the cost of nachos?

Also, another cruiser just said "just it the bar".  Can we just go the Margaritaville bar without paying the $14.95?

1 minute ago, MrsTravelBug said:

On the NCL site it says Margaritaville is $14.95 per person.  Did you pay the $14.95 plus the cost of nachos?

Also, another cruiser just said "just it the bar".  Can we just go the Margaritaville bar without paying the $14.95?

The $14.95 includes the nachos. If you have the PBP there is no charge to order drinks or sit at the bar.

2 minutes ago, MrsTravelBug said:

thanks to everyone that took the time to reply!  For sure, I will stop at the bar for a margarita, see what everyone is eating, and then decide.

Good strategy!

I just got back from our cruise on the Escape. We went to Margaritaville for drinks. On the back of the drink menu was three appetizers that could be ordered separately from the meal (nachos, pretzels and chips and dip). Did it twice. Just make sure they know that's what you're doing. They'll send a server to take the order. Nachos were $9 and the other two things were $5. I'm assuming it's the same on the Getaway.

1 minute ago, meatball_nyc said:

Get rid of Margaritaville. Bring back Uptown Grill. Seriously. 

Does have good breakfast buffet though. 

Totally agree!    Loved it on Breakaway. 

And bring back Flamingo Grill on Getaway.  We really loved these venues before they changed😞

13 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Agree with everyone above!    Just wanted to let the OP know that there is usually a small complimentary breakfast buffet at Margaritaville.  Gives you a chance to enjoy this fresh air venue🌞

I 2nd this....nice small breakfast buffet.

My wife and I did not go into Margaritaville on our last Getaway cruise, we just looked inside and reviewed the menu.  To me, the menu was a shortened version of the Margaritaville menu at Universal Orlando.  We had the Volcano Nachos at the one in Orlando and they were huge and delicious!

4 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Hi, is the breakfast buffet free or is there a charge ?

Thanks

Free, and I found it to have the best eggs on the ship..very little wait, cooked to order if you want them that way.