Some new things

cbb

Currently on Nautica and new things are coming. Rollout of plant based food offerings suitably labeled. Some corporate chefs on board as they incorporate the items into daily offerings. Don't know if they are in MDR menu but some are in Terrace. Also for first time the end of cruise survey will be on line. All sorts of instructions in Currents on how to do it and hands on tutorials are to be offered. Firefox,Chrome, Safari required-not compatible with Internet explorer or on generation 1or2 iPads.    Been on since June and it is wonderful being on board. Shawn Carter is CD. Crew and officers are amazing.

Poke ( po Kay) originally from Hawaii. Base of rice then fresh raw fish with other things. Mainland chefs then began to experiment with it and added salmon,  other grains, noodles, vegetables, seasonings. Loaded with good fats and healthy and served in bowls. At  port side salad bar today. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cbb said:

Poke ( po Kay) originally from Hawaii. Base of rice then fresh raw fish with other things. Mainland chefs then began to experiment with it and added salmon,  other grains, noodles, vegetables, seasonings. Loaded with good fats and healthy and served in bowls. At  port side salad bar today. 

Thanks   for the explanation

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cbb said:

I might take a poke at that.

3 hours ago, cbb said:

That sounds awesome!   I hope they have that offering on the other ships this fall, can’t wait to try this and the  other new offerings you mention.   Have a great trip!  

7 hours ago, cbb said:

Rollout of plant based food offerings suitably labeled. Some corporate chefs on board as they incorporate the items into daily offerings. Don't know if they are in MDR menu but some are in Terrace.

Been on since June and it is wonderful being on board. Shawn Carter is CD. Crew and officers are amazing.

I've been on Insignia since January!!  Almost 7 months. Agree, the staff and crew are awesome and amazing!

We've had the plant based-foods for awhile now (over a month at least) in both Terrace and GDR...I like vegetarian food, but those bowls and other offerings don't look good to me. Other people seem to like them though.

I have had a lot of questions about no sugar free with .the new desserts on Oceania so I thought I would post the answer.

There is no such a thing of sugar free, we always add “non sugar added dessert”

The difference between before and now is that we have increased the selections, before we only had few that we rotated one per day but they repeated after few days

Now we have one that changes every day of the cruise and some day it happen to be that non sugar added dessert is also plant based

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

yes, thank you Paul.  I was adding additional info re: the online survey.  Firefox, Safari, etc refers to the browser  needed.  iPad 1 & 2 refers to the age of the device that cannot be used.

neither my husband or i used the internet to complete the survey; it is not necessary.

I'm enjoying the poke bowls and find the fresh ingredients and the various combinations of the veggies and fruits and dressings quite good. (one of the Terrace crew told me she and her friends put the dressings on the side and she was right!)

I asked about today's dressings and was told "Madam, it is quite spicy" so I declined and ate it without dressing and it was wonderful. 

Edited by cbb

Yesterday's was pineapple, tofu chunks which I pushed aside, small raw broccoli florets, marinated cabbage, red peppers ,green peppers, shredded carrots, rice, in a mango- orange dressing. The flavors all compliment the others. Each is presented in stand alone rather than mixed so the bowl is visually beautiful with the greens next to red,next to yellow, etc

If you opt for the sauce on the side you can control how much you put on each bite and the orange colored sauce added that much more color. No raw fish yesterday or today.

Edited by cbb

1 minute ago, cbb said:

Yesterday's was pineapple, tofu chunks which I pushed aside, small raw broccoli florets, marinated cabbage, red peppers ,green peppers, shredded carrots, rice, in a mango- orange dressing. The flavors all compliment the others. Each is presented in stand alone rather than mixed so the bowl is visually beautiful with the greens next to red,next to yellow, etc

If you opt for the sauce on the side you can control how much you put on each bite and the orange colored sauce added that much more color

Thanks Cynthia

So they are pre made bowls

Unlike the salad station where you can add  what you like

23 minutes ago, cbb said:

If you opt for the sauce on the side you can control how much you put on each bite and the orange colored sauce added that much more color. No raw fish yesterday or today.

If there is no raw fish then it isn't really poke. What you had should be called a race bowl. But it still sounds tasty. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 6:56 AM, pinotlover said:

Cbb;

Have you regularly tried to get wine service in the Terrace? Experiences?

A (recentish) experience from us (sorry for butting in CBB) 

We were on the Insignia and could not manage to get a an open bottle (previous day's) from the storage area.  Eventually our lovely waiter took pity on us and went to get it himself as otherwise we would have none (horrors).

We just mentioned this on the mid cruise comments and Lubo (?) head sommelier got in touch, apologised, offered us a complimentary bottle of wine, and said that if we ever had a similar issue to ask for him personally

All very appreciated, and we didn't ever have the same problem happen again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Sugar free is not the same as plant based.  Not sure if my diabetic spouse will be happy.

Some plant based foods do not spike the glucose levels  that is why I asked what was in it ?

On 8/1/2019 at 9:59 AM, cbb said:

Sounds awful to me.  

If you like sashimi or sushi, you’ll like poke. It’s not totally raw; the marinade “cooks” the fish slightly. Similar to poisson cru and lomi lomi salmon. Definitely a fad but quite tasty.

• Like 1