Harmony Aug 4, 2019 - We're not on Empress anymore.

1 hour ago, TripleQ said:

Likewise, my very brief brush with fame!  A literal elevator pitch meeting.  

Say is spinning guy a permanent fixture in the 1887 show?  He was announced as a special guest and didn’t seem to fix in exactly with the show. 

I dont recall. I think they had a hula hoop lady last year. Maybe she's on vacation 

Picture from last year

20180926_200236.thumb.jpg.34f91b3bbf3b8006f2d2b47bd7a4490a.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It was a great review and excellent photos. The two times we were on Harmony we had tons of problems with the Wi-Fi. The biggest problem area for us was in our cabin on Deck 8. Did you have similar dead areas too?

No, cabin was good. We had an antenna about 3 doors down

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

Exactly what my response was going to be, but I wanted to read through to the end first. So, how much stuff did you pack into those two little pieces of luggage? Yes, I know one was a little bigger, but still . . .

I do a lot of sub dividing. 

Dress shirts

Khakis 

Whites

Handwash

Darks

Red/pink

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I do a lot of sub dividing. 

Dress shirts

Khakis 

Whites

Handwash

Darks

Red/pink

Good for you!

The father of my child opens his suitcase, removes his toiletry bag, dumps everything in the washer, transfers everything to the dryer, dumps everything back in the suitcase, adds the toiletry bag, zips it up and heads out for the week again.  

Drives me nucking futs.  Probably a good indicator of why the relationship didn't work out!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/10/2019 at 8:20 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Nice to hear from you Andy 

You too, Rory.  Hope everything is well with you.  Sailing anytime soon?  We're on Disney Dream on September 6 and Symphony on December 14 for which the wife has emphatically assured me will be our last on RCI.  

On 8/9/2019 at 9:15 PM, John&LaLa said:

And of course the ugly purple monstrosity as seen from BW

20190809_215837.thumb.jpg.63dad59fbd68b9a2f860ae3a2812451a.jpg

I think it's pretty cool

I agree with you! I think the Abyss is pretty cool too. Our cabin on deck 11 offers us still a great ocean view past the slide. We liked the location so much that we are staying in it for the 2nd time in November.

Thanks again for taking us along on your adventures and sharing some great photos and commentary. And of course the photos of your precious fur baby are always welcomed!

Looking forward to the next one.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

I agree with you! I think the Abyss is pretty cool too. Our cabin on deck 11 offers us still a great ocean view past the slide. We liked the location so much that we are staying in it for the 2nd time in November.

Can I ask which cabin? We used to love Boardwalk cabins ---29, even as far back as --17 b/c of the gorgeous wake view, but have been a bit concerned with the addition of the Abyss. We're on the Oasis next year in 10317 - will we be able to see anything through the slide?

10 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

Can I ask which cabin? We used to love Boardwalk cabins ---29, even as far back as --17 b/c of the gorgeous wake view, but have been a bit concerned with the addition of the Abyss. We're on the Oasis next year in 10317 - will we be able to see anything through the slide?

Our cabin is 11719 (Indicated below)

image.png.3acb878ded39a48edc6f61289d8980aa.png

Thanks! We were hoping by being a bit farther back the slide wouldn't obstruct the view as much. Feeling a little better about staying on the Boardwalk again 🙂 

Sorry for hijacking the thread, John, and thanks so much for your review! Really enjoyed taking the journey with you. 

11 hours ago, btregoning said:

We will be joining you on the HOS on Sept. 22nd.

We’re joining you as well.  We just got off Allure a week ago so feeling pretty comfortable with the layout of the Oasis class ship.  

Review was great, John!  Appreciate it.  Did you by any chance find out if Diamond Plus BOGO works for Izumi Hibachi?

Edited by sellwingri

1 hour ago, sellwingri said:

We’re joining you as well.  We just got off Allure a week ago so feeling pretty comfortable with the layout of the Oasis class ship.  

Review was great, John!  Appreciate it.  Did you by any chance find out if Diamond Plus BOGO works for Izumi Hibachi?

I forgot, sorry.  Will ask on Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Andy C said:

You too, Rory.  Hope everything is well with you.  Sailing anytime soon?  We're on Disney Dream on September 6 and Symphony on December 14 for which the wife has emphatically assured me will be our last on RCI.  

We are doing a 15 day River Cruise, Budapest to Amsterdam next May. A week in Sturgis next August for the 80th. A week in the Big City next December. We did two trips for long weekends to NOLA already. 

Nothing on Royal in our plans at this time. The Boss was really turned off by our last cruise. 

5 minutes ago, luvsun22 said:

Do you have any pictures from the balcony? I have friends in 17 and they are very curious about the view.  

I have a cabin video and p

hotos on my Facebook page. I'm going to try to add the video here, but not sure if it will work or not.

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My bad, day 5 is lamb in the MDR.  Also tiger shrimp, chicken parmigiana,  and pork tacos.  You have to go. 

CK lamb/lobster is day 6, formal night

But that order may change if you are doing a western run. Our trip had two sea days st the end

I'm hearing that there is a chocolate buffet in the Windjammer, typically (unannounced) on day 5. . .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

Thanks again for taking us along on your adventures and sharing some great photos and commentary. And of course the photos of your precious fur baby are always welcomed!

Looking forward to the next one.

This one's not over. Still several days of stuff to go over😉

Back again to August 6.  We probably left the Top Tier party and went up to SL waiting on light lunch in CK.

20190806_172814.thumb.jpg.30843424dc26d4c9977d803992501b75.jpg

I believe I had the shrimp and spinach salad.  It was OK, I've had better ones. 

20190807_155836.thumb.jpg.59503d1d60769c6a460d36e5edc1e1e9.jpg

The SL also had a small spread of sandwiches, I think I'll pass.  Tonight is Izumi

20190807_155851.thumb.jpg.7049d65324c3304b14b061b4bf44b908.jpg

Back in the cabin we had a cheese plate, plus a Birthday gift from Breno

Cheese was actually cold.  Not a fan of the typical warm cheese you find when you come back to the cabin

20190806_135850.thumb.jpg.73a2bdccf4855fd93cb9cd8060fae265.jpg

Belle Glos 😎

20190807_155759.thumb.jpg.89fbb9cc0df588469c18a28eac46d0c9.jpg

• Like 2

Time for dinner, we have 7:30 reservations.  Stopped by the Royal Promenade for a picture with Captain Gus by the fake Jaguar.

We were early and ran into the Revenue Manager, Julia. We met her last year, awesome lady.  She may be a Hotel Director someday. Anyway, we asked if she'd pose with us in front of the car, which she did.  That ended up being one of our free pictures.

img20190813_01173895.thumb.jpg.e4c122e96ef213bbc4b7d0f035dcfd05.jpg

We already had a picture of Captain Gus from last year. 😉

842752748_HarmonySept22CaptainGus.thumb.jpg.61dd30af3409e8eac910558d4ae21036.jpg

And off to Izumi

20190806_191654.thumb.jpg.dbcb89b10610317e712282f667292dfb.jpg

BTW, the bottom Samurai sword is not attached. I mentioned that to our table mates and Jack got a workout with it after dinner. 🤺

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We are doing a 15 day River Cruise, Budapest to Amsterdam next May. A week in Sturgis next August for the 80th. A week in the Big City next December. We did two trips for long weekends to NOLA already. 

Nothing on Royal in our plans at this time. The Boss was really turned off by our last cruise. 

Sorry to jump in , been following the review and saw your comment. 

We did a 15 day river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam from 26th April this year with APT on the Travelmarvel Sapphire . The most amazing trip , everything included. If you are travelling with this company , we were not on the luxury ship, you will not be disappointed. 

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Thanks 1