Harmony Aug 4, 2019 - We're not on Empress anymore.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I have to lay a guilt trip on DH so he’ll eat dinner in the MDR with me instead of his beloved WJ. 

I booked a junior suite for the room, as we usually get mini suites when we sail on Princess. Royal’s balcony cabins are bigger than Princess’s, and one would have worked, but I wanted the hump. 

I hope I can get him into Coastal Kitchen and that he’ll be happy with the food, at least a couple of times. 

Filet night is nice, that's day 1.

Day 5 is lamb/lobster. 

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Filet night is nice, that's day 1.

Day 5 is lamb/lobster. 

I love lobster. He does too, but he’s really a fan of lamb 

maybe if I get him there the first night for the filet and he likes it, he’ll keep coming back!

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I love lobster. He does too, but he’s really a fan of lamb 

maybe if I get him there the first night for the filet and he likes it, he’ll keep coming back!

My bad, day 5 is lamb in the MDR.  Also tiger shrimp, chicken parmigiana,  and pork tacos.  You have to go. 

CK lamb/lobster is day 6, formal night

But that order may change if you are doing a western run. Our trip had two sea days st the end

Edited by John&LaLa

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My bad, day 5 is lamb in the MDR.  Also tiger shrimp, chicken parmigiana,  and pork tacos.  You have to go. 

CK lamb/lobster is day 6, formal night

But that order may change if you are doing a western run. Our trip had two sea days st the end

RCI has menus on the tv, right?

I don’t want to miss any of the good stuff. 

Love shellfish and beef. Good chicken Parm is on my list, too. 

On Serenade last year I asked why they dropped the savoury rolls. To my surprise I had a plate full at my place every night after that. 

Any kind of roll on a cruise ship is heavenly to me. 

Edited by jagsfan

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

RCI has menus on the tv, right?

I don’t want to miss any of the good stuff. 

Love shellfish and beef. Good chicken Parm is on my list, too. 

On Serenade last year I asked why they dropped the savoury rolls. To my surprise I had a plate full at my place every night after that. 

I'm not sure.  I know they are/were on the app

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm not sure.  I know they are/were on the app

Royal IQ? That one will work on board. 

I have that, and one that just says Royal. 

If I click on that I get the crown and anchor with water behind it. Then it is gone again.  

Maybe no good on shore or maybe old and just dead. 

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Royal IQ? That one will work on board. 

I have that, and one that just says Royal. 

If I click on that I get the crown and anchor with water behind it. Then it is gone again.  

Maybe no good on shore or maybe old and just dead. 

Royal IQ is no longer functional on Harmony.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Well, shoot. I clicked on it a while ago and there was list of ships to use it on. Harmony was there!

so what app now?

RCI App.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/royal-caribbean-international/id1260728016

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rccl.royalcaribbean&hl=en_US

This app has some functionality without being connected to the ship's WiFi.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Indeed. And a GS to boot. 😇

Wait a second... I thought Pinnacles sailed in insides. 😉😂

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Did facial recognition as you entered luggage hall. Passport much better than birth certificate now. 😉 Grabbed luggage and walked out. Got a cab and headed home. $20 + $3 tip

A few questions John.

Did they do separate lines for US and Non-US lines or just one line for all?  If I read it tight they do facial recognition like in Terminal A in Miami?  Did you see a Global Entry line?  Would a porter still expedite the process like in the years of past?

Thanks John for taking the time to bring us along. Give Bella a chin rub for me. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

On 8/9/2019 at 10:47 PM, John&LaLa said:

They treated us to a preview of Hideaway Heist. Lots of diving and synchronized swimming. 

We loved Hideaway Heist. I wish they sold Big Daddy's Hideaway Resort beach towels in the souvenir shop. It would have been a great memory at the pool. So cute!

• Like 1

Another thank you here!

We're set for Dec 1st sailing and your review has done nothing to dampen our spirits and we are looking forward to many things on that cruise. I find it hard to believe but I'm excited that Coco Cay is our last day.

Really looking forward to it as it seems the enhancements they've made are top notch.

Between your great wit, cruise pics and most importantly your dog pics you're easy to follow. Appreciate you taking the time to answer questions along the cruise.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

On Serenade last year I asked why they dropped the savory rolls. To my surprise I had a plate full at my place every night after that.

Love it. 🥐 🥖 🍞

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Six loads of laundry. Holy smokes. 

Exactly what my response was going to be, but I wanted to read through to the end first. So, how much stuff did you pack into those two little pieces of luggage? Yes, I know one was a little bigger, but still . . .

• Like 1

John,

• Thanks for the nice review.  We will be on the HOS on 9/22 and I enjoyed reading about your trip.  My hope is for a good day on Coco Cay.  That is the main reason we booked this itinerary.  We have done St. Thomas and St. Maarten multiple times, but DH wanted to see Coco Cay.  I am hoping for a beautiful day in our cabana.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It was nice meeting you this morning. 

Likewise, my very brief brush with fame!  A literal elevator pitch meeting.  

Say is spinning guy a permanent fixture in the 1887 show?  He was announced as a special guest and didn’t seem to fix in exactly with the show. 

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wait a second... I thought Pinnacles sailed in insides. 😉😂

A few questions John.

Did they do separate lines for US and Non-US lines or just one line for all?  If I read it tight they do facial recognition like in Terminal A in Miami?  Did you see a Global Entry line?  Would a porter still expedite the process like in the years of past?

Thanks John for taking the time to bring us along. Give Bella a chin rub for me. 

I’m travelling on a Canadian passport and was sent through the same line as the Americans.  Facial recognition worked for 4 (all nexus holders) but not for the 1 non-nexus holder.  

I barely broke my stride between scanning the sea pass on exit and arriving at the Uber pickup spot.  Very efficient.  

• Thanks 2