Is HAL eliminating breakfast at the Pinnacle Grill ?

scubacruiserx2

1 hour ago, boze9999 said:

That certainly is not CO / Neptune with a quiet and private dining room. Certainly not worthy of extra spending for a Neptune or $100 a day CO experience IMO!

You're simply not going to get a "quiet and private" Club Orange dining room experience on the twelve ships, apart from  Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam, unless there is some major MDR remodeling taking place during future dry-dock periods. At the most, you'll be looking at "partitions" and a separate entry way, as you currently have with Canaletto in the Lido. And I do agree with the second part of your post :classic_cool:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

You're simply not going to get a "quiet and private" Club Orange dining room experience on the twelve ships, apart from  Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam, unless there is some major MDR remodeling taking place during future dry-dock periods. At the most, you'll be looking at "partitions" and a separate entry way, as you currently have with Canaletto in the Lido. And I do agree with the second part of your post :classic_cool:

Alas.....this reminds me of the decades ago Queens Lounge......a very negative regression for sure!! IMO, the amenity package for the Neptunes in all ships other than the K and the NS is gone and it's time to step down on those other ships to the Non Neptune Suites! A GREAT savings for those of us who always previously ONLY sailed in Neptunes! PS - Long time 5 Star in Neptunes forever!

Edited by boze9999
typo

We were on the Eurodam in mid July and had breakfast every morning in the Pinnacle Grill. The Club Orange was implemented in late June as I recall from the posted list. Dinner was in a separate section of the dinning room. If the breakfast option is going to be cancelled in the future it will be a loss, we really enjoy breakfast there.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, fatbob66 said:

We were on the Eurodam in mid July and had breakfast every morning in the Pinnacle Grill. The Club Orange was implemented in late June as I recall from the posted list. Dinner was in a separate section of the dinning room. If the breakfast option is going to be cancelled in the future it will be a loss, we really enjoy breakfast there.

Thank you for your accurate first hand report . This is good news and what we had hoped to hear . If people appreciate and use the Pinnacle then HAL would be more likely to keep it open . And if people prefer other venues they should go where they are happy .

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Thanks 1

Attached HAL's fleet-at-a-glance sheet.  File is named 7.16.19.  Hopefully this is pretty up to date.  Look at the notes for Pinnacle Grill & Club Orange for breakfast.

PG - Breakfast is available in the Pinnacle Grill for Neptune and Pinnacle Suite guests on all ships except Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam and Ryndam. Neptune and Pinnacle Suite guests on those three ships have access to the Club Orange private dining venue.

OC - Breakfast and dinner are served at the Club Orange private dining venue on Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam and Ryndam. This venue is available to Neptune Suite, Pinnacle Suite and Club Orange guests.

Ships-at-a-Glance-Chart_7.16.19.pdf

1 hour ago, Selion said:

Attached HAL's fleet-at-a-glance sheet.  File is named 7.16.19.  Hopefully this is pretty up to date.  Look at the notes for Pinnacle Grill & Club Orange for breakfast.

PG - Breakfast is available in the Pinnacle Grill for Neptune and Pinnacle Suite guests on all ships except Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam and Ryndam. Neptune and Pinnacle Suite guests on those three ships have access to the Club Orange private dining venue.

OC - Breakfast and dinner are served at the Club Orange private dining venue on Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam and Ryndam. This venue is available to Neptune Suite, Pinnacle Suite and Club Orange guests.

Ships-at-a-Glance-Chart_7.16.19.pdf 477.42 kB · 2 downloads

This is great news ! Thank you very much . ☺️

Well, someone at Holland America has finally listened and they're NOT closing the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast for Neptune Suites! That certainly was not their intent in the beginning or they would have had that option very clear. The MDR is not a reasonable substitute. Thank you! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Selion said:

Ships-at-a-Glance-Chart_7.16.19.pdf 477.42 kB · 9 downloads

So it looks like except for the 3 Pinnacle class ships, NS and PS get to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. That's good news!!

But it's still vague on CO on the rest of the fleet. The chart has dots for CO for only the 3 Pinnacle class ships. And reading the footnotes, I get the impression that people who buy the CO upgrade do not get the Pinnacle Grill breakfast.  Is the CO "private" MDR venue only for dinner? That might explain the $10 price difference between the different ships.

18 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I get the impression that people who buy the CO upgrade do not get the Pinnacle Grill breakfast.  Is the CO "private" MDR venue only for dinner? That might explain the $10 price difference between the different ships.

CO guests never did get breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. The breakfast menu is the same as in the MDR. In non-Pinnacle class ships, Club Orange guests get breakfast and dinner in a section of the MDR, not a separate venue. THAT is the reason for the price difference.

3 hours ago, Selion said:

Ships-at-a-Glance-Chart_7.16.19.pdf 477.42 kB · 12 downloads

Thank you VERY much 🙂 

Your post is a HUGE help and a big relief 😄 

I never thought of re-checking the ships at a glance for an update.  I’m glad you did think of it 🥰

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Just a thought that I don't see an answer to at a glance:  is the Neptune Lounge included in the Club Orange amenities? Or will it remain for Penthouse and Suites only?

No , it's for Neptune and Pinnacle Suites like the Pinnacle Grille Breakfast .

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1

Orange lounge - are you kidding? Neptune Suites pay way more than an additional $25.00 per day and HAL cared so little that they tried to take away one of the few remaining perks we had - Pinnacle Suite breakfasts. So what do you want them to do now...kick us out of the Neptune Lounge?  

26 minutes ago, twodjs said:

Orange lounge - are you kidding? Neptune Suites pay way more than an additional $25.00 per day and HAL cared so little that they tried to take away one of the few remaining perks we had - Pinnacle Suite breakfasts. So what do you want them to do now...kick us out of the Neptune Lounge?  

Yes I was kidding

orange%20smily_zpsdsehmphv.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Yes I was kidding

Thanks for the clarification! You had me jumping on my soapbox again. Funny that I was thanking HAL for fixing an issue they created in the first place. So not a big hero's thank you but appreciation for finally listening to your guests and making it better.

3 hours ago, twodjs said:

CO guests never did get breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. The breakfast menu is the same as in the MDR. In non-Pinnacle class ships, Club Orange guests get breakfast and dinner in a section of the MDR, not a separate venue. THAT is the reason for the price difference.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. For the non-Pinnacle ships, the footnotes are clear that the PG breakfast is for NS and PS, not CO. The footnotes aren't clear about whether there's a special CO breakfast or whether there's only the CO dinner.

I think the CO breakfast menu was different from the MDR menu. The mimosas were free, which was not the case in PG on our cruise the year before. 

33 minutes ago, twodjs said:

Thanks for the clarification! You had me jumping on my soapbox again. Funny that I was thanking HAL for fixing an issue they created in the first place. So not a big hero's thank you but appreciation for finally listening to your guests and making it better.

You're welcome , sorry about that . Our original intent when we started this topic was to find out and hopefully prevent this perk from disappearing from those who pay for it . While not the the deciding factor it does influence our future bookings . We would like to thank HAL for keeping this intact and in fact have booked our next cruise with them . Somehow this has morphed into a Club Orange thread and it was not our desired intent but we hope we return to the  topic of preserving the Pinnacle Breakfast perk .

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1