Changes coming to Mariner cruise planner

This morning I got this email too.  Am surprised it took so long for a post...lol.

Was going to ask how you know it's for Mariner?  But just now, I noticed the title references our Mariner date next summer.  Hmmm...what will it be?  

43 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Coco Cay prices going up.....

One thing I'll say...the cost for Thrill Waterpark is ridiculous.  It'll cost us over $420 CAD for a family of 4.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Since it applies only to Mariner sailings after March or April 2020 I’m wondering if it is related to CocoCay and possible overnights.

Apparently not. I received the email this morning and my sailing is in January 2020  

m

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Apparently not. I received the email this morning and my sailing is in January 2020  

m

Is yours a 3 or 4 day cruise? 

So far it appears to be random as I had clients sailing in January 2020 that did not get the e mail, yet clients after April 2020 did, which is what I based my originsl comment on

26 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

This morning I got this email too.  Am surprised it took so long for a post...lol.

Was going to ask how you know it's for Mariner?  But just now, I noticed the title references our Mariner date next summer.  Hmmm...what will it be?  

One thing I'll say...the cost for Thrill Waterpark is ridiculous.  It'll cost us over $420 CAD for a family of 4.

Hi Lu,  is yours a 3 or 4 day cruise?

9 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

On another note...I'm a software developer and am questioning why the system is offline for the day for this change.  Gotta love it. 😁

It sounds like it could be offline for more than just one day as it says “beginning August 7....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Wow, that ridiculous! We are booked for Feb 2020 and the highest it's been is $44 and the lowest is $37. I realize it's USD vs CAD, but your price works out to $105 per person, which is the same as my cost for the Water park and Zip line combo 🤔 

8 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Wow, that ridiculous! We are booked for Feb 2020 and the highest it's been is $44 and the lowest is $37. I realize it's USD vs CAD, but your price works out to $105 per person, which is the same as my cost for the Water park and Zip line combo 🤔 

Yeah, we have a few cruises booked and that's the highest cost I've seen...but it's the cost on Anthem, Mariner and Harmony.  When we booked Anthem, they had half day passes so we got it for less...still wondering how they'll handle that since they've gotten rid of the half day passes.

CoCo Cay looks amazing so if they do add another day it's kind of neat.  But if the surprise is that they are adding a second CoCo Cay Day, I prefer they replace Nassau than the sea day.  I kind of like when the ship is moving and you can just watch the water move.  With only 1 sea day on a 4 day cruise, this would eliminate that (except in the evening).  Plus, the breeze with ship movement in August is nice.

Edited by LuCruise

28 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Yeah, we have a few cruises booked and that's the highest cost I've seen...but it's the cost on Anthem, Mariner and Harmony.  When we booked Anthem, they had half day passes so we got it for less...still wondering how they'll handle that since they've gotten rid of the half day passes.

CoCo Cay looks amazing so if they do add another day it's kind of neat.  But if the surprise is that they are adding a second CoCo Cay Day, I prefer they replace Nassau than the sea day.  I kind of like when the ship is moving and you can just watch the water move.  With only 1 sea day on a 4 day cruise, this would eliminate that (except in the evening).  Plus, the breeze with ship movement in August is nice.

Lu, when I mentioned overnights at CocoCay it was not referring to the ship spending 2 days there.  It was actually having the ability to allow guests to sleep on the island and then have alternate transportation back to port.  This was mentioned by Michael Bayley a while ago that Royal was exploring this option. 

But, having the ship spend 2 days there as you suggested would still allow guests to spend the night on the island and make the transport back to the port easier.  

Definitely interested to to find out what is going on. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks.  So far I’ve only read about people with the 4 day cruises getting the letter.

Hi Ken -  We have a 4N/3N B2B in late January  and  we received the email referencing the 4 N.    If you hear anything interesting, please keep us posted.

Thanks

Marci

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Hi Ken -  We have a 4N/3N B2B in late January  and  we received the email referencing the 4 N.    If you hear anything interesting, please keep us posted.

Thanks

Marci

Will do.  Thanks for posting. Interesting as it only seems to be the 4 night itineraries

Here’s an idea,

This is the current itinerary,

Monday - Port Canaveral 

Tuesday - at sea

Wednesday - Nassau

Thursday - CocoCay

Friday - Port Canaveral 

On the Sea day Royal could make a late afternoon stop at CocoCay and drop overnight guests off.  Guests would then spend 2 nights on the island, avoiding Nassau and returning to PC with the ship on Thursday.

Nothing different in my 4 day trip August 2020 yet in my Cruise Planner

So I can pay for my 4 night cruise and then pay AGAIN to spend 2 night on Coco Cay?  I don' t think so!!!😇

Edited by molly361

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here’s an idea,

This is the current itinerary,

Monday - Port Canaveral 

Tuesday - at sea

Wednesday - Nassau

Thursday - CocoCay

Friday - Port Canaveral 

On the Sea day Royal could make a late afternoon stop at CocoCay and drop overnight guests off.  Guests would then spend 2 nights on the island, avoiding Nassau and returning to PC with the ship on Thursday.

So book and pay for a cruise so the ship can transport you to where you will then pay extra to stay on land instead of staying on the ship.  I think I would skip the cruise and just do a land vacation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So book and pay for a cruise so the ship can transport you to where you will then pay extra to stay on land instead of staying on the ship. 

People are already paying crazy prices for a cabana.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lu, when I mentioned overnights at CocoCay it was not referring to the ship spending 2 days there.  It was actually having the ability to allow guests to sleep on the island and then have alternate transportation back to port.  This was mentioned by Michael Bayley a while ago that Royal was exploring this option. 

But, having the ship spend 2 days there as you suggested would still allow guests to spend the night on the island and make the transport back to the port easier.  

Definitely interested to to find out what is going on. 

Thanks for explaining. Interesting concept..but where would people sleep, and they'd have to take their luggage?  

I'm with you...interested to hear the announcement.

14 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for explaining. Interesting concept..but where would people sleep, and they'd have to take their luggage?  

I'm with you...interested to hear the announcement.

They were looking at building overnight accommodation and facilities 

• Like 1