Changes coming to Mariner cruise planner

24 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

There are new 7 night options on some of the Oasis Class ships that include a stop at both CocoCay and Labadee. 

Thanks for the warning. I won't book a seven nighter that has even one private stop let alone two. I will book, and have booked,  8 nighters that have a private stop as I see that as the trade off for getting the extra day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kuddles14 said:

April 27th sailing got the email . Went to do a dummy reservation to see if there was a little hint . The April 27th sailing is not listed as of now . This should be interesting. 

I’m also on this sailing and received the email. This is our first cruise too, wondering what all this could mean. 

We are on the 4 night on May 11th, have not received an email, but are very interested in the change.

I did notice that this date is not on the RCCL website for booking, but if I look at our TA site, it shows as available with no itinerary...….. 

Edited by CTCruiser76

On 8/6/2019 at 6:49 PM, carden said:

We are on the Jan. 20, 2020 sailing and got the email.

We are on the Jan 20, 2020 as well and didn't get an email. However, the online cruise planner is still down. I did see we had an itinerary change. We are getting two stops at cococay on our ship now not one. Though no overnight 

9 minutes ago, thepants said:

We are on the Jan 20, 2020 as well and didn't get an email. However, the online cruise planner is still down. I did see we had an itinerary change. We are getting two stops at cococay on our ship now not one. Though no overnight 

Two stops on the same cruise?

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Two stops on the same cruise?

Yes

My itinerary now shows

Day 1- port Canaveral

Day2- perfect day at CocoCay (this was a sea day when I originally booked)

Day 3- Nassau Bahamas

Day 4- Perfect day at CocoCay

Day 5- port Canaveral

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How innovative...🙄

Yeah I like it though in some ways and not in other. Positives would be less people on the boat while it's in port and I may actually schedule a spa visit on one of the cococay days, especially if they are running any port day specials in the spa. Its our first at the new perfect day so we really get to see the water park and the beaches with two days. I do wish it were overnight though. I enjoy my sea days especially on port heavy longer cruises, but since this is a short one for us, and we are taking the kids this time, I really wanted to enjoy CocoCay with them and glad for the two stops. 

Negatives would've the extra costs..the pricing at cococay is outrageous and it feels like they are nickle and diming you. I like using sea days to explore the boat and to enjoy a book. So I will miss that very much. Guess we'll just have to book another cruise for that one..tempted on doing a b2b on mariner.😁

The apparent (4 nighter) dates that will be affected will be:   (based on dates that can not be booked at this time on Cruising Power)  There are several dates in 2021 also.

nov 04 2019   jan 20 2020   feb17 2020   mar 09 2020   apr 06 2020

may 04 2020   may 11 2020   aug 03 2020   aug 10 2020

aug17 2020   aug 31 2020   sep 14 2020   sep 28 2020

oct 12 2020   oct 19 2020   nov 02 2020   nov 09 2020

nov 23 2020   dec 07 2020   dec 14 2020   dec 28 2020

Edited by Tagsalong

Damn it man, I wish they'd do this with my cruise.  I don't know why they're doing it with some dates and not others.  The day my sailing is at sea, CocoCay is completely empty.

To me, this is a no-lose proposition.  If you get weather the day you're originally supposed to be there, you now get another day to enjoy the island.  If you were looking forward to the sea day, you can still (sort of) have it - no breeze, but with the trade-off of having many of the passengers on shore so you can more easily enjoy the onboard amenities.

I'm still hoping they make the switch for the April 20 sailing.

So then no change for my Feb 10, 2020 sailing. I get conflicting info when looking at port schedules- one site shows no ships on on Tues the 11th (our sea day) and another site shows that Anthem is there 8-6. 

Now here's what I find interesting about the Anthem stop- If I look at her itinerary schedule on crews mapper, it shows a 12 day Southern departing Dec 8, 2019 then nothing again until a 7 day Bahamas/Coco Cay departing on March 15, 2020. So where is she for 3 months??

4 minutes ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

So then no change for my Feb 10, 2020 sailing. I get conflicting info when looking at port schedules- one site shows no ships on on Tues the 11th (our sea day) and another site shows that Anthem is there 8-6. 

Now here's what I find interesting about the Anthem stop- If I look at her itinerary schedule on crews mapper, it shows a 12 day Southern departing Dec 8, 2019 then nothing again until a 7 day Bahamas/Coco Cay departing on March 15, 2020. So where is she for 3 months??

She is at Coco Cay.... plenty of time to explore the island I guess.

I just downloaded the app and currently I cannot even pull up our info, it says I need to access it through the website (which I’m sure is due to the “changes” being made). Our sailing is the Apr 27, 2020 date and it’s now showing as 2 stops at CocoCay. 

D410A56F-1CA2-4D9C-B7DC-347C96A95F43.jpeg