New pricing strategy

gerelmx

Heck, I just checked my Silhouette cruise for next April 2020. There are NO perks offered at all except 3rd and 4th half off if you book refundable . 🤔  This is another “sale” that is not only not a sale but getting less “sale”. I booked a huge family Veranda with my kids on her about a year or so ago with grats for 2, drink package, and $100 OBC for $6800. They want $6800 now just for a standard balcony with no perks if you want a refundable deposit. Yikes, keeps getting worse. 

Edited by tallnthensome

Offer Details

Ad blockers may change the offer. For the exact offer, see Offer Details below.

*Cruise must be booked Aug. 5th – 7th 2019 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to select 4-night and longer sailings departing 09/01/19 – 03/31/20. Offer excludes Galapagos cruises.

NonRefundable Deposit Offer: To qualify for four free perks guest must choose a non-refundable deposit. Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee. FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. $100 per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date. Applicable to groups at prevailing rates. Not applicable to incentive, contract, or charter groups. Nonrefundable deposit offers are not applicable to sailings within final payment. Visit [insert URL for NRP Full terms and conditions] for additional terms and conditions.

Cruise Fare Savings: Savings amounts are per person and vary by stateroom category: $200 for inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, and AquaClass staterooms, $250 for Suites. 2019 Holiday Sailings are eligible for double savings amounts: $400 for inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, and AquaClass staterooms, $500 for Suites. Offer applies to first two guests in the stateroom and will be applied automatically.

50% Off Savings: Savings applies to the cruise fare of the third and fourth passengers booked in any stateroom category type. Not applicable to Cruisetours.

Free Perks Offer: Each of the first two guests in a qualifying inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, AquaClass or Suite stateroom are eligible to receive four complimentary amenities with a nonrefundable deposit: Premium Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet Package, $150 per person onboard credit (“OBC”), or Prepaid Gratuities. Promo codes are not required. Guests with Internet Packages will receive instructions for Internet access in their staterooms on the first day of the cruise. OBC option: Guests’ onboard account will be credited with an OBC. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Prepaid Gratuities option provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter, and headwaiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to the reservation within 10 days of booking date.

Offer is capacity controlled, availability varies by sailing, and eligible staterooms may sell out. All offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. Offer is not combinable with Exciting Deals, Interline, Senior, Loyalty, Resident, Net, Travel Partner, or Employee Rates. No refunds or credits will be granted for unused options. Offer and prices are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Single occupancy bookings are eligible for the Offer. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer. Travel Agents: Group bookings that are named prior to the start date of the Offer cannot be cancelled and rebooked under this Offer.

Refer to celebritycruises.com and the Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. ©2019 Celebrity Cruises. Ships’ re

Offer Details

* Cruise must be booked Aug. 8th through Sept. 4th, 2019 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to select 4-night and longer sailings departing 10/01/19 – 05/03/21. Offer excludes Galapagos cruises.

Full deposit must be paid by deposit payment required due date. Standard full deposit penalty is applied if booking is cancelled within final payment period; see Celebrity’s cancellation policy for details.

Non-Refundable Deposit Offer: To qualify for the lowest available cruise fare, guest must choose a non-refundable deposit. Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee. FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. $100 per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date. Applicable to groups at prevailing rates. Not applicable to incentive, contract, or charter groups. Nonrefundable deposit offers are not applicable to sailings within final payment. Visit [insert URL for NRP Full terms and conditions] for additional terms and conditions.

Cruise Fare Savings: Savings amounts are per person and vary by stateroom category: $200 for inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, and AquaClass staterooms, $250 for Suites. 2020 Alaska Cruisetour Packages are eligible for double savings amounts: $400 for inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, and AquaClass staterooms, $500 for Suites. Offer applies to first two guests in the stateroom and will be applied automatically.

50% Off Savings: Savings applies to the cruise fare of the third and fourth passengers booked in any stateroom category type. Not applicable to Cruisetours.

Perks Included Offers: Each of the first two guests in a qualifying inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, or AquaClass stateroom are eligible to receive two amenities with the choice of a “Two Perks Included” rate: Classic Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet Package, $150 per person onboard credit (“OBC”), or Prepaid Gratuities. For an additional charge, guests may receive four amenities with an upgrade to the Premium Beverage package by selecting the “Four Perks Included” rate. Rate varies by length of voyage and stateroom category. All guests in the same stateroom must select the same options and provide Celebrity with the selected options at the time of booking. Promo codes are not required. Each of the first two guests in a qualifying suite booking are eligible to receive four complimentary amenities: Premium Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet Package, $150 per person onboard credit (“OBC”), and Prepaid Gratuities.

Guests with Internet Packages will receive instructions for Internet access in their staterooms on the first day of the cruise. OBC option: Guests’ onboard account will be credited with an OBC. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Prepaid Gratuities option provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter, and headwaiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to the reservation within 10 days of booking date.

Offer applies to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period. Offer is capacity controlled, availability varies by sailing, and eligible staterooms may sell out. All offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. Offer is not combinable with Book Now Bonus, Sail Now Savings, Exciting Deals, Interline, Senior, Loyalty, Resident, Net, Travel Partner or Employee Rates. No refunds or credits will be granted for unused options. Offer and prices are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Single occupancy bookings are eligible for the Offer. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer. Travel Agents: Group bookings that are named prior to the start date of the Offer cannot be cancelled and rebooked under this Offer.

Refer to celebritycruises.com and the Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. ©2019 Celebrity Cruises. Ships’ registry: Malta and Ecuador.

Okay Celebrity at its finest.  I called and they said no perks available, the site said same thing a few minutes ago.  Just went back and well now 2 perks are available with non refundable.  Hooray for technology  Sorry this has to do with my Nov 18 on the Reflection cruise

Edited by bikerunner

3 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Now the bookings with the non-refundable deposit includes the promotion of 2 or 4 perks, the bookings with refundable deposit are without perks.

The opposite of the previous strategy.

This promotion officially ended yesterday, August 7, which can also be seen in the terms you also posted. Some TAs also still show the pricing from this promotion. I described the situation in another thread:

It seems like Celebrity's booking system has not fully updated all cruises with the generic August promotion, thus still showing the Summer Black Friday pricing on some cruises. One might want to wait until tomorrow with booking anything.'

But it does indeed seem like the "Sail" rate (basic cruise rate with no perks) is now available with refundable deposit.

Edited by mikkelhansen

9 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

the terms and conditions have not been modified

Exactly what I meant by saying that I think not all cruises have been changed in Celebrity's inventory/systems to the actual August promotion, after the Summer Black Friday ended this midnight EST.

Just made a mock booking right now, I get the choice between "Special Offer" with no perks and refundable deposit (ie. the  "Sail" rate with refundable deposit) and the "Sail Plus" with two perks and refundable deposit.

I don't see why they end up doing these updates in middle of day EST all the time.  I would think they would do it at slowest point of traffic, usually 1-3AM EST I would think.  But who knows I only work IT now and our updates are always 2 AM for our system

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I don't see why they end up doing these updates in middle of day EST all the time.  I would think they would do it at slowest point of traffic, usually 1-3AM EST I would think.  But who knows I only work IT now and our updates are always 2 AM for our system

Celebrity's IT Department is not exactly famous for being state of the art or using best practices or even being accurate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I noticed nearly all cruises in 2020 that I searched today didn't have any perks available.  Either they are drastically changing their pricing strategy or something has majorly gone wrong with how the website pulls up it's pricing.  If find it very odd that their pricing promotion has gone from all 4 perks included to nothing included without drastic price drops to the published rates.  I guess we'll see in the coming days.  

I just checked our 2020 bookings which are all outside of the window of the lasted promotion and and each of them I am seeing 2 booking options:  Option 1 refundable deposit with no perks, Option 2 refundable deposit with 2 perks higher price.

So I'm not seeing anon-refundable deposit. 

Guess if we wait a day or two the IT folks will have time to get whatever the promotion/ricing strategy corrected.

Most cruises now seem to have been updated to have the "Sail" rate with no perks and refundable deposit (however, on a few mock bookings it's erroneously called "Sail Plus") and a real "Sail Plus" rate with two perks and refundable deposit. The terms for the real "Sail Plus" rate seem to be stuck on the Black Friday promotion terms. Should be updated with a short time.

"Sail" with refundable deposit seems to be the new strategy from Celebrity.

Celebrity and their pricing strategy and “sales” that aren’t really sales and constant price changes make me crazy! 

I have never seen another cruise line do this. It’s super frustrating and I know when we booked our cruise (before the non refundable deposit/refundable deposit options) the perks were there one minute and not and then back and then not. 

I find other lines either have a promo for an extended period of time (usually advance booking and sale is available for more than a few days) or no promo and not constant price changes. They are actually worse than an airline with their constant “deals” and price changes. 

• Like 1

It seems that it is not because it is not advertised on the website that other options are not available...

If I look at a travel agent website (tried to hide as much as I could here), you can see a lot of booking options available, but just 2 on celebrity website as they showcase just "best value" I guess...

Seems like the promo is basically the same price for refundable & non refundable options. 

TA.PNG

celebrity.PNG

Edited by angelhelly

New Terms and conditions Both NRD & RD have the 2 or 4 perks promotion

Offer Details

* Cruise must be booked Aug. 8th through Sept. 4th, 2019 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to select 4-night and longer sailings departing 10/01/19 – 05/03/21. Offer excludes Galapagos cruises.

Full deposit must be paid by deposit payment required due date. Standard full deposit penalty is applied if booking is cancelled within final payment period; see Celebrity’s cancellation policy for details.

Non-Refundable Deposit Offer: To qualify for the lowest available cruise fare, guest must choose a non-refundable deposit. Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee. FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. $100 per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date. Applicable to groups at prevailing rates. Not applicable to incentive, contract, or charter groups. Nonrefundable deposit offers are not applicable to sailings within final payment. Visit [insert URL for NRP Full terms and conditions] for additional terms and conditions.

Cruise Fare Savings: Savings amounts are per person and vary by stateroom category: $200 for inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, and AquaClass staterooms, $250 for Suites. 2020 Alaska Cruisetour Packages are eligible for double savings amounts: $400 for inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, and AquaClass staterooms, $500 for Suites. Offer applies to first two guests in the stateroom and will be applied automatically.

Perks Included Offers: Each of the first two guests in a qualifying inside, ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, or AquaClass stateroom are eligible to receive two amenities with the choice of a “Two Perks Included” rate: Classic Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet Package, $150 per person onboard credit (“OBC”), or Prepaid Gratuities. For an additional charge, guests may receive four amenities with an upgrade to the Premium Beverage package by selecting the “Four Perks Included” rate. Rate varies by length of voyage and stateroom category. All guests in the same stateroom must select the same options and provide Celebrity with the selected options at the time of booking. Promo codes are not required. Each of the first two guests in a qualifying suite booking are eligible to receive four complimentary amenities: Premium Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet Package, $150 per person onboard credit (“OBC”), and Prepaid Gratuities.

Guests with Internet Packages will receive instructions for Internet access in their staterooms on the first day of the cruise. OBC option: Guests’ onboard account will be credited with an OBC. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Prepaid Gratuities option provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter, and headwaiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to the reservation within 10 days of booking date.

Offer applies to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period. Offer is capacity controlled, availability varies by sailing, and eligible staterooms may sell out. All offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. Offer is not combinable with Book Now Bonus, Sail Now Savings, Exciting Deals, Interline, Senior, Loyalty, Resident, Net, Travel Partner or Employee Rates. No refunds or credits will be granted for unused options. Offer and prices are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Single occupancy bookings are eligible for the Offer. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer. Travel Agents: Group bookings that are named prior to the start date of the Offer cannot be cancelled and rebooked under this Offer.

Refer to celebritycruises.com and the Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. ©2019 Celebrity Cruises. Ships’ registry: Malta and Ecuador.

23 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Most cruises now seem to have been updated to have the "Sail" rate with no perks and refundable deposit (however, on a few mock bookings it's erroneously called "Sail Plus") and a real "Sail Plus" rate with two perks and refundable deposit. The terms for the real "Sail Plus" rate seem to be stuck on the Black Friday promotion terms. Should be updated with a short time.

"Sail" with refundable deposit seems to be the new strategy from Celebrity.

GREAT, now we can book WITHOUT and Da-- promos.  Haven't checked the TransAtlantic cruise that I looked at a few months ago that was several hundred dollars more pp than the same Royal C cruise.   Have X prices dropped much for booking WITHOUT promos?