Wrist band access?

shofer

We are new to the Oasis class ships and are booked on Symphony in February.  Watching several VLOGs on YouTube and see people with these wrist bands to open their room, etc.  What exactly are these and where do you get them?  Do I have to order them pre-cruise and how much?

58 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You can not order them in advance, they will be set up in Boleros on day 1, they are $5.99

You can do everything with the wrist band that you can do with your sea pass card EXCEPT getting on and off the ship. 

Unless the price has increased (which is possible), they are $4.99

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Question

Do they come in different colors like Disneyworld Magic bands?

Thanks

Yes, but I don't know if they give you the choice.  Some ships have the muster station printed on them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brucefan21 said:

I'm new to Royal Caribbean.  If we have a big group of family going does every person need to get his/her own wristband in the line or can I just go and pick up ten wristbands for several linked cabins?  Thanks!

You have to have each person's SeaPass card to "make" the WowBand.

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Question

Thanks

On our first Oasis class cruise... no.  Can’t remember for 2nd.  This year on Symphony we got our choice of black, blue, yellow or white.  And we love them!

Edited by vacationlover_mn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Question

Thanks

One downside to the band is they often give you and cabin mate the same color.  So you have to mark them in some manner. Pain in the ass

16 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes, but I don't know if they give you the choice.  Some ships have the muster station printed on them.

I saw 3 colors on Anthem Blue, White and Black. There could have been more but we purchased them after the line went down at the kiosk in Bolero's. It was an after thought as we weren't going to purchase them.They didn't offer us a choice of colors. The gentleman was going to activate two black bands and I asked if we could have one black band and one white band so we would know who's was who's. It turned out to be a good investment since I didn't have to carry DW's sail pass around in my pocket. It was a bit of an inconvenience when getting drinks because you had to take it off.

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Std for suites and pins

Sorry - just to clarify - does that mean its "standard" for suite guests?  Meaning it's included?  If so, do you still need to go to boleros to pick it up on the first day?  Or will it be in the stateroom?

Thanks!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Sorry - just to clarify - does that mean its "standard" for suite guests?  Meaning it's included?  If so, do you still need to go to boleros to pick it up on the first day?  Or will it be in the stateroom?

Thanks!

Yes included.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Thanks!

They will be in your stateroom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Also to clarify, WOW bands are only available on newer ships (since Quantum), not available on Allure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

One downside to the band is they often give you and cabin mate the same color.  So you have to mark them in some manner. Pain in the ass

The other issue I have (and one of many reasons I stopped using them after 1 time), is if you are in the theater or a lounge and order a drink, you have to take off your band, hand it to the waiter and when he comes back he has a tray of 5 drinks and assorted wow bands that you need to sort through. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The other issue I have (and one of many reasons I stopped using them after 1 time), is if you are in the theater or a lounge and order a drink, you have to take off your band, hand it to the waiter and when he comes back he has a tray of 5 drinks and assorted wow bands that you need to sort through. 

Weird?  We’ve had them on 2 ships, and they’ve always handed our bands back to us.  They never made us sort through a pile...?

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Weird?  We’ve had them on 2 ships, and they’ve always handed our bands back to us.  They never made us sort through a pile...?

They even took them in the MDR which is were all of the accounts were charged incorrectly. I checked my account everyday and when they charged me for drinks I didn't order I started to carry my sail card and handed that to them when ordering drinks.