Elite status

kbert92069

Our last cruise brought us to Elite status but we have not yet traveled as Elite.  Are the perks still in effect?  I am wondering about the Elite happy hour.  Last cruise there were so many Elite that many of the perks were canceled and I heard other cruisers with Elite status were unhappy.  Does that happen often now?  What are others' experiences with the happy hour cocktails?  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, kbert92069 said:

Our last cruise brought us to Elite status but we have not yet traveled as Elite.  Are the perks still in effect?  I am wondering about the Elite happy hour.  Last cruise there were so many Elite that many of the perks were canceled and I heard other cruisers with Elite status were unhappy.  Does that happen often now?  What are others' experiences with the happy hour cocktails?  Thanks.

There is usually an Elite Happy Hour held in the Sky Lounge in S-Class ships from 5-7 most evenings.  Your room card will also allow you to receive the same drinks as in the Happy Hour at most bars.  Appetizers are available at the Elite Happy Hour in the designated lounge.  

You will receive a sheet with all benefits when you arrive in your room.  

I have never ever heard of perks been canceled. They have sometimes in the past, gone from the two hour party to a coupon sYstem.  But the perk was not canceled. Nor were any other perk cancelled, like the laundry, Internet, etc.

But cancelled perks?  No.  

• Like 5

As far as Elite perks being cancelled, I've heard reference to priority tendering being cancelled for Elites because there were too many Elites onboard.  This would irritate me because I find the priority tendering to be one of the most valuable benefits.

We will be 3 points short of Elite at the end of the first of two B2B cruises.  Do you think we might be granted Elite perks on the second of the two cruises?  Thinking I might ask for special dispensation at the beginning of the second cruise from the Capt Club concierge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, capsplace said:

We will be 3 points short of Elite at the end of the first of two B2B cruises.  Do you think we might be granted Elite perks on the second of the two cruises?  Thinking I might ask for special dispensation at the beginning of the second cruise from the Capt Club concierge.

You will receive Elite benefits on the second cruise if you earn the points following the first cruise. Just tell the CC Host/Hostess early during the first cruise so that they have time to check. This happens many times. 

Just now, Orator said:

You will receive Elite benefits on the second cruise if you earn the points following the first cruise. Just tell the CC Host/Hostess early during the first cruise so that they have time to check. This happens many times. 

If I read it right, it sounds like they will be 3 points shy after the 1st cruise and will make Elite at the conclusion of the 2nd leg.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

If I read it right, it sounds like they will be 3 points shy after the 1st cruise and will make Elite at the conclusion of the 2nd leg.

That is how I understand their situation too.  Since points are assigned at the end of a cruise they will make Elite at the conclusion of the second cruise.

3 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Correct.

Then you will not have Elite benefits extended to you during the 2nd cruise.  At least by rule.  It's no different than anyone who will become Elite once they complete a cruise--you won't get the benefits until the next cruise.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I did indeed misread their post. They will not receive Elite benefits on the 2nd part of the B2B.

2 minutes ago, CAicruiser said:

Put a $20.00 bill in an envelope. give that to the CC Host on the last day.Make sure you let them know you are dong B2B.

Problem solved.😀

You obviously don't know the people who serve as CC Hosts/Hostess. They would say "thanks", pocket the tip and give you nothing that you weren't entitled to. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I re-read it. I think you're right. In our case we were 7 points short at the beginning of the first cruise and satisfied Elite Plus prior to the second cruise.

1 hour ago, kbert92069 said:

Rumors! Yes elite benefits are still in effect.  CC HH is from 5 PM to 7 PM in the Sky Lounge except the evening of embarkation. Unlimited CC HH drinks loaded on your Seapass card (except for the first evening) to enjoy at the bars except at the World Class Bar. CC HH drinks are not served in the dining venues. You will receive in your stateroom a full list of all elite perks for your cruise. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kbert92069 said:

Thanks to those replying to my original query.  We hit the exact number of points to become Elite after our last cruise but haven't yet traveled as Elite. I am looking forward to the perks when I can get 'em.

Thank you!  I agree.  Yes, we are set for our Feb 2020 cruises!  Too bad we can't get credit for all the cruises taken on our own boat to the Bahamas and the Exumas.  Such a pleasure not having to worry about charts, running aground, food, etc.!