Drink Cards on RCI?

I made a post last night, and I speculate it was deleted because I inserted a link from a specific blog website (not mine). My question was if RCI has Drink Cards and at what day to expect them. My parents don't drink often, and I speculate the drink cards would be the better buy. 

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Most cruises when I see them it’s the 2nd last day. 

Unlike drink packages, the 10 drink cards can be shared.  

Oh. Do you think if I ask for them on the first or second day, they'll be available?

13 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Oh. Do you think if I ask for them on the first or second day, they'll be available?

nope.   they only offer them if  overall alcohol sales are down  on average.  (with or without the number fo packages already purchased)  

13 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Do you think if I ask for them on the first or second day, they'll be available?

Probably not, but don't wait till it is obvious they are available (in Compass and signs up at bars) - ask, sometimes they are available without the advertising.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

We had no drink package, just wanted the card.

Oh okay. Do you think if Royal tweaked the rules a little bit, and increased the price, the drink card could be a permanent option displayed in the Cruise Planner pre-cruise?

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Oh okay. Do you think if Royal tweaked the rules a little bit, and increased the price, the drink card could be a permanent option displayed in the Cruise Planner pre-cruise?

I don't think so.  I think it's more like what was described above, kind of a last ditch effort to bolster alcohol sales.

I have been on two Royal Ships out of NYC and NJ in August 2017, 2018 (they say prime time) and both times the ship was fully booked !...............No Drink Cards offered either time.   I think if Royal needs to make more money they will push the drink cards.

Just my thought.

We have seen the 10 drink card on about half of our cruises in the last few years.  We have sailed on Allure and Harmony 6 times in the last 3 years.

On our January cruises, whether it be Allure or Harmony, it was available day 4 of our 7 day cruise.  On our June cruises, it has not been available at all.

As posted by others, it depends upon how well the alcohol sales are doing.  If they are doing well, it won't be available.