Is there still a Captains Club Lounge on the Summit after the refurbishment.

DJLDRUMS

12 minutes ago, CruisinCons said:

New Elite member here...question about the water bottles.  Is this an anytime thing, or just from 5-7?  We don't have a drink package.  

Just during the CC HH (5-7). No matter if your are in the Sky Lounge or at a bar during the CC HH.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Just during the CC HH (5-7). No matter if your are in the Sky Lounge or at a bar during the CC HH.

Thanks!  I didn't realize that was an option.  Will be a good opportunity to stock up on a couple bottles for port days.  We're Diamond on Royal and are given a bunch of water bottles on embarkation, so I usually save those for ports.

8 hours ago, hcat said:

Sorry to date myself.. with a walk down memory lane

Yes there was a Cap Club lounge in Michaels for Elite "lite breakfast",  and a  pm get together  with drinks and snacks in Michaels for a long time on M and S Class ships...til they took the space away!   We still miss it and have finally booked a suite on Constellation to get back in!   Hope it is still nice.   The numbers of Elite  now could never fit once upon a time it was a great spot!

There was also a very nice Diamond Lounge on Royal C ships (Radiance Class).. it was a nice cozy place with bagels, snacks, magazines and a Concierge on duty. It  too was taken away for a suite lounge...a few yrs ago, we enjoyed the Diamond breakfast lounge and evening cocktail party on Oasis..,,one of the few plusses for that vessel.

I expect on Summit the nightly Cap Club will be upstairs or on ones card????   On EDGE they had a set spot to gather ( most times at the CLUB) or a  gen bar option. we did not go so not really sure,

The “Diamond Lounge” is still there on Royal.  It is the Concierge Lounges that are being converted to Suite Lounges.

9 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

The “Diamond Lounge” is still there on Royal.  It is the Concierge Lounges that are being converted to Suite Lounges.

Depends on the RC class of ships. The Freedom class is removing the Concierge Lounge (deck 10) and replacing it with inside cabins. The Cloud Nine and Seven hearts (deck 14 port side) is being converted into the Suite Lounge. The Diamond Lounge stays where it is (deck 14 starboard side). No Concierge Lounge. Which is a bummer because non suite diamond plus members had access to both the CL and DL. Now it will only be the DL. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Depends on the RC class of ships. The Freedom class is removing the Concierge Lounge (deck 10) and replacing it with inside cabins. The Cloud Nine and Seven hearts (deck 14 port side) is being converted into the Suite Lounge. The Diamond Lounge stays where it is (deck 14 starboard side). No Concierge Lounge. Which is a bummer because non suite diamond plus members had access to both the CL and DL. Now it will only be the DL. 

If rumors are correct, all Royal ships will eventually convert to a Diamond Lounge and Suite Lounge.  When I was on the Vision five times in JAN and FEB, the Concierge Lounge became a Suite Lounge two of the five weeks because of the total number of DL on board.  They changed the sign on the door, so a back to back could have access one week and then not have access the next week.

53 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

If rumors are correct, all Royal ships will eventually convert to a Diamond Lounge and Suite Lounge.  When I was on the Vision five times in JAN and FEB, the Concierge Lounge became a Suite Lounge two of the five weeks because of the total number of DL on board.  They changed the sign on the door, so a back to back could have access one week and then not have access the next week.

Not a new rumor. It's been floating around for awhile. Possibly RC will make good on it one of these blue moons. Until then...On most RC ships we cruise on we prefer the DL over the CL. We wouldn't mind it if Celebrity decided to give the elite and elite plus a dedicated lounge for a few different reasons.  Whether it's Celebrity or RC we enjoy all the upper tier level perks/benefits.

27 minutes ago, artvlay said:

During the 5to7 elite period can you get a "can" of soda?

We don't drink soda but I've seen others leaving the Sky Lounge during the CC HH with cans of soda. They possibly could have had one of the BPs (?). You can ask one of the servers in 17 days. 😉

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We don't drink soda but I've seen others leaving the Sky Lounge during the CC HH with cans of soda. They possibly could have had one of the BPs (?). You can ask one of the servers in 17 days. 😉

Thank you,  look forward to meeting you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished reading an article on CC about Celebrity Cruises Captains Club Loyalty Program written by: 

Shayne Rodriguez Thompson Contributor - Updated August 22, 2019 She states for Elite "Daily access to the Captain's Club Lounge, with complimentary coffee and tea"  Also "Nightly cocktail hour with unlimited complimentary drinks from the Captain's Club menu"
I was wondering about this since we are looking at booking Celebrity Equinox in December. We are Diamond on RCCL. It has been quite a while since we have sailed on Celebrity.
Any information about this on Equinox would be appreciated.

One of the confusing things that is on the X website under Captain's Club for benefits is "Captain's Club Daily Coffee Lounge", which I think might cause some confusion about a dedicated lounge (not for the OP, but others new to X, but coming from RCI with reciprocity might be confused).

image.thumb.png.a3e77fea23369aab482f92958b89487e.png

This, from a Cruise Critic article, is even more confusing, iMO. It likely looks like a dedicated Elite Lounge to some:

image.thumb.png.0eaed1c2f2cf3a9ae81a2e47694b1ca6.png

Edited by vtcruising

The Elite morning event is held in Tuscan Grille with complimentary coffees, teas, lattes, cappuccino, bellinis, bloody Mary’s, juices, fruit, meat, cheese, pastries,salmon, yogurt.  No hot food.  Daily except embarkation and disembarkation days, 8-10 am.

it is not an all day Lounge.  

Edited by cruisestitch

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The Elite morning event is held in Tuscan Grille with complimentary coffees, teas, lattes, cappuccino, bellinis, bloody Mary’s, juices, fruit, meat, cheese, pastries,salmon, yogurt.  No hot food.  Daily except embarkation and disembarkation days, 8-10 am.

it is not an all day Lounge.  

Great, thank you for that information. We love to have cappuccinos or lattes with pastries so this will be nice.

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Cheers...

image.png.7674d0c48e58a886f75ab2e2d3f78e20.png

Great, thank you for this information! Are there any tips for mixed drinks that you have been able to order off this list that is not listed under the cocktails?

9 minutes ago, shay1 said:

Great, thank you for this information! Are there any tips for mixed drinks that you have been able to order off this list that is not listed under the cocktails?

You're welcome. Someone else will need to chime in on that. We are primarily beer and wine drinkers. We normally don't do mixed drinks. Sometimes I'll have a shot of Jim Bean to go with my beer. 

Edited by davekathy

On 8/21/2019 at 4:23 PM, hcat said:

Sorry to date myself.. with a walk down memory lane

Yes there was a Cap Club lounge in Michaels for Elite "lite breakfast",  and a  pm get together  with drinks and snacks in Michaels for a long time on M and S Class ships...til they took the space away!   We still miss it and have finally booked a suite on Constellation to get back in!   Hope it is still nice.   The numbers of Elite  now could never fit once upon a time it was a great spot!

There was also a very nice Diamond Lounge on Royal C ships (Radiance Class).. it was a nice cozy place with bagels, snacks, magazines and a Concierge on duty. It  too was taken away for a suite lounge...a few yrs ago, we enjoyed the Diamond breakfast lounge and evening cocktail party on Oasis..,,one of the few plusses for that vessel.

I expect on Summit the nightly Cap Club will be upstairs or on ones card????   On EDGE they had a set spot to gather ( most times at the CLUB) or a  gen bar option. we did not go so not really sure,

Michaels was used for events but Celebrity has never had a dedicated Captains Club lounge in the sense that Royal has a dedicated Diamond club. When Michaels was used for CC events, in the hours it wasn’t used for CC events it was basically a beer pub open to everyone on the ship.. Before that it was a Cigar bar. Michaels was first on the Century as a Cigar bar, the michaels club on Horizon and Zenith were added in rehabs.

The Captains Club on the summit are held in Tuscan for breakfast and sky lounge for evening.

Edited by dkjretired

Equinox is the same: Tuscan Grill  for Captain's Club Elite and up members for coffee, limited drinks, and continental breakfast. The Sky lounge is for the CC Happy Hour 5-7. And you can have the HH drinks listed on the menu at any bar on the ship except the World Class Bar. 

Michaels  as a Cigar Bar was awesome...but the ships did not have enough space to keep it..so it was repurposed..several  times.   Now dh has his cigars outside near the putting lawn or whever they assign cigar smokers..Not quite the same but he manages.

Too many E and E plus cruisers to have a dedicated lounge..no space.....and even less with creation of suite spaces.

Upstairs Club not bad and  even more choIces on EDGE

Edited by hcat