See/View-ing Seaview

Beamafar

Guys ... I may not be posting,  but I am reading everything (through email alerts) and appreciate all your wonderful comments - they are really comforting right now!  Hopefully we will get DH sorted when we get home and his doctor can get him onto a regular treatment regime so this kind of situation wont arise, again.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Guys ... I may not be posting,  but I am reading everything (through email alerts) and appreciate all your wonderful comments - they are really comforting right now!  Hopefully we will get DH sorted when we get home and his doctor can get him onto a regular treatment regime so this kind of situation wont arise, again.

There is a lot of love and well wishes on here for you Bea and DH. 

A lot of us have been on here a few years and I’m sure, we have all learnt of gained some helpful advice.

You made a huge difference to my Divina cruise as we knew nothing about YC apart from that white tent and locked door! Your help make 

Jane’s 50th spectacular! 

So glad we will finally meet you both and sample the finest cheesecake New York🤔 and Meraviglia has to offer in October. 😂

The cruise has even more importance now, after all this with DH. 

Will we soon be enjoying Phantom from our wonderful seats. 

All the best for a safe and comfortable as possible trip home. 

Lots of love to you both x 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I think there was a mis-interpretation situation there, Frank ... but I understood what was meant.  🙂

Yes I think there was ...for your note I meant that there were more than one of the described souls on this board.

The post has gone so I'm guessing that was the general evaluation in the end!

Safe trip again and I hope one day this will not seem as bad, I am sure that despite unhappy memories you will still confirm Seaview is beautiful 👌

13 minutes ago, thecruisers6 said:

There is a lot of love and well wishes on here for you Bea and DH. 

A lot of us have been on here a few years and I’m sure, we have all learnt of gained some helpful advice.

You made a huge difference to my Divina cruise as we knew nothing about YC apart from that white tent and locked door! Your help make 

Jane’s 50th spectacular! 

So glad we will finally meet you both and sample the finest cheesecake New York🤔 and Meraviglia has to offer in October. 😂

The cruise has even more importance now, after all this with DH. 

Will we soon be enjoying Phantom from our wonderful seats. 

All the best for a safe and comfortable as possible trip home. 

Lots of love to you both x 

All of the above 😍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Somehow I forgot the day and didn't realize you were already on holiday aboard the Seaview. Allow me to join my voice (albeit belatedly) to the chorus of those wishing you and DH well. Praying for good things for you both, Godspeed! -Stephen 🤗

• Like 2

Bea, thank you for all the advice and knowledgeable comments you contribute to the MSC board.....it has proved very useful to me. I am therefore devastated for you and your husband that your much anticipated cruise on Seaview has turned out to be less than perfect. I feel for your husband for feeling so poorly and you with all the worry and stress.

I hope the treatment your husband will receive this morning is successful and you both have a safe and uneventful flight home.

Get well wishes to your husband and best wishes to you.

• Like 5

Again ... thanks so much, everyone!

We are now in Rome airport (FCO) and have a 7 hour wait 'til our flight. 😏  Our Norwegian friends suggested that we use the private lounge here, so we may do that, yet.

We've just parted with them as they're going to terminal 1 and our flight leaves from terminal 3.  We were so sorry to say goodbye as we've had the time of our lives with them ... and to think CC brought us together, meeting up onboard Meraviglia and spending 2 nights onboard together  back in June 2017.  We had enjoyed that so much that we planned this trip together.  😀

DH was given some intravenous antibiotics this morning which should keep him going 'til this evening's oral dose.  He'll more than likely sleep on the plane (he usually does) and, hopefully, will be rested enough for the journey home from the airport.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure you said it was a 7:00pm take off so ...getting close now and then its the last leg.

Think you have done well to be so positive, though I'm sure there have been 'moments' ...such a shame.

Hope the flight and the final travel the Eire end goes well and once home you can take in that very comfort and then address things full on from your home base.

No place like home ...unless you are at sea within a great cruise I say! (And I know you agree, just less this time!)

SAFE FLIGHT

On ths shuttle bus from airport to hotel (where car is parked).  I don't know what they gave DH this morning, but you wouldn't think there was anything wrong with him all day !

Not looking forward to tomorrow morning,  though, as I won't have the medical centre to bring him to when the drugs have worn off.

Yep ... got sort out that cheesecake issue!  Let's hope Seaview was an aberation.  Not too long to go, now, before we'll find out!  😁

Im very late to this i hesitate to use the word "party" as there were obviously some stressful times. 

I had seen the heading but hadn't looked too closely at who had started it and the tonight when i  had more time i looked in and realised it was Bea on the Seaview.

I thought this looks great and settled in for a good read. Then i kept reading amd realised it was not going to be all fun and sun on the Seaside sister ship. 

Bea so sorry reading how your week unfolded and anniversary to boot. 😢Hope the journey home wasnt too arduous on your husband or yourself.

Wishing him a speedy recovery from the infection. Someone said you have another cruise booked? Good something to look forward to. 

Have to say though i learned something - although i knew they had a Dr on board i had no idea they would do all the nebulizer and ECG stuff. 

Edited by Mattnvick

Good morning, folks.  We arrived home safely and soundly early this morning - I cannot thank you all enough for your kind words and best wishes.

I've managed to get an emergency appointment with a doctor in our local town (23 km/14 miles away 🙄) so DH can get a prescription for antibiotics.  He doesn't  have a regular doctor as the company he worked for has its own medical centre, but it's in Dublin, 120km/75miles away and I don't want to chance him driving that distance 'til he's a bit better.

Anyway ... we're off now; will update later, and, hopefully, get this thread back on track to the subject matter.  😜

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Anyway ... we're off now; will update later, and, hopefully, get this thread back on track to the subject matter.  😜

Excellent!!! ..... and this thread is on the exact track it is supposed to be. Virtual communities are communities too, and this community stands along side of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Mattnvick said:

Have to say though i learned something - although i knew they had a Dr on board i had no idea they would do all the nebulizer and ECG stuff. 

Yes ...  it's good to know that there are primary care services onboard.  We're very grateful that there are!  DH was able to have a reasonably good cruise as a result (though our travelling companions contributed greatly to that!  😘)  Glad I've had some interesting info to impart - even if it is under these circumstances.  😀

All's (relatively) good now, thankfully.  DH got the medication he needs to continue with the treatment and is feeling a lot better.  He hasn't had a cigarette in over 27 hours  👍 which is also aiding his recovery.

I have a couple of notes made (though not much) so will share some thoughts about the cruise in the coming days.

• Like 2