See/View-ing Seaview

Beamafar

Hi Bea

Great news, well the last update at least.

Hope everything remains on the 'up' and that your anniversary with the BC experience was special, given the circumstances.

Of all the passengers to experience this ...so sad, but hopefully your next update is equally positive Bea   

• Like 1

I'm sorry to report that the meal in Butcher's Cut was a real let-down!  Thankfully we have fantastic travelling companions and had a great anniversary night as a result.  The night would have been a disaster, otherwise!

I'll elaborate further when I get home (it's almost impossible to get a quiet moment to post lol) but I'll give an illustration for now.  The first photo of the cheesecake was taken on Meraviglia (and was exactly the same on Splendida);  the second is from last night:

20170619_223023.thumb.jpg.a1dcff8e3d616a2b0302aa8a471c510c.jpg

20190901_213329.thumb.jpg.c40f4e3328855d6d72e5a730c8672682.jpg

DH is still attending the medical centre as he needs to have sessions with the nebulizer.  He has been diagnosed with COPD and has an acute infection which is why he has been receiving the level of treatment that he has.  However he is now on an oral antibiotic so things are improving.

David, Claire & Noah ... the Norwegians say "Hi"!  😘

• Like 4

I had in the back of my mind to think about the tryptic package, closer to the cruise. Not now looks like something a high school pupil would make in ‘cookery lesson’ and get 7/10. 

I wonder if that new guy from Celebrity (I think) is still working for Celebrity!

Crikey Bea, there's no comparison between those cheesecakes! Hardly any base at all on the latter and a serious lack of fresh strawberries ( and that's just looking at it without tasting!)

Your first one looks identical to the one I had on Meraviglia. Still looking forward to BC on Preziosa, hoping yours is an anomaly rather than the start of a new trend. :(

Glad you managed to have a good anniversary despite the lacklustre meal. Hope DH continues to mend.

I hope DH is feeling well enough to enjoy your remaining time onboard and makes a full recovery very soon.

Disappointed to hear your BC meal wasn't up to standard. Whilst I'd be very happy if that was my cheesecake effort (I'm frankly happy with anything more advanced than opening a tin of soup 😂) it's clearly not to the level of the first picture. As Capt states, hopefully an anomaly. Only 46 days and we can see if the Meraviglia cheesecake is to an acceptable standard 😀

Great to see that again Captain. If the second picture version is placed in front of me on Meraviglia, it will be replaced by the melting chocolate pudding 😂

He says eating his low-fat Co-op 286 calorie Caribbean curry and rice ready meal 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, citizenfrank said:

I'm fat, greedy and easily lead I know!

But.............

I thought both cheesecakes looked temping! 😀  

Frank, LOL...LOL...LOL...  I had the same thought...lol.

Hi Bea, hang In there things are bound to get better.  Glad to hear Mr. Bea is on the mend.  

1 hour ago, citizenfrank said:

I'm fat, greedy and easily lead I know!

But.............

I thought both cheesecakes looked temping! 😀  

I didn't say I wouldn't eat it....it's a better offering than the low fat mango yogurt I have this evening. It's just not as attractive as picture 1. MasterChef starts tonight, I'll do a proper critique after that....😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thecruisers6 said:

Great to see that again Captain. If the second picture version is placed in front of me on Meraviglia, it will be replaced by the melting chocolate pudding 😂

What a complete and utter idiot I am. I thought the photo I was putting in my post above was my own photo from Meraviglia, but I've just ended up reposting Bea's?!?! That's mine below now.... not sure what the heck is going on as I swore I copied that over from my thread earlier!! There's enough cheesecake in this thread now to make anyone sick. 😛

IMG_20190514_214126.jpg.24f9be3f2e780823

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I'm sorry to report that the meal in Butcher's Cut was a real let-down!  Thankfully we have fantastic travelling companions and had a great anniversary night as a result.  The night would have been a disaster, otherwise!

I'll elaborate further when I get home (it's almost impossible to get a quiet moment to post lol) but I'll give an illustration for now.  The first photo of the cheesecake was taken on Meraviglia (and was exactly the same on Splendida);  the second is from last night:

20170619_223023.thumb.jpg.a1dcff8e3d616a2b0302aa8a471c510c.jpg

20190901_213329.thumb.jpg.c40f4e3328855d6d72e5a730c8672682.jpg

DH is still attending the medical centre as he needs to have sessions with the nebulizer.  He has been diagnosed with COPD and has an acute infection which is why he has been receiving the level of treatment that he has.  However he is now on an oral antibiotic so things are improving.

David, Claire & Noah ... the Norwegians say "Hi"!  😘

Not too much difference then! 

Glad to hear things are improving. Get well soon xx 

Hi back Norwegians ! Hope you are having a lovely time. X

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Frank, LOL...LOL...LOL...  I had the same thought...lol.

Hi Bea, hang In there things are bound to get better.  Glad to hear Mr. Bea is on the mend.  

Same though I was fat and greedy! LOL

Only just realized where you are (Somerville MA!) ...We are visiting next month and that Boston Burger Co in Somerville is having the full Frankie treatment lol

38 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

Only just realized where you are (Somerville MA!) ...We are visiting next month and that Boston Burger Co in Somerville is having the full Frankie treatment lol

38 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

If it’s great burgers you want then you must try R.F. O’Sullivan’s on Beacon Street. They are truly legendary.  They will give Frankie the O’Sullivan treatment.

9 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

If it’s great burgers you want then you must try R.F. O’Sullivan’s on Beacon Street. They are truly legendary.  They will give Frankie the O’Sullivan treatment.

OMG ...due diligence completed! Looks good, different philosophy to BBC but looks amazing.

Change of plan one day now! lol

This trip is shaping up now and how 😀

52 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Morning Bea, please don't get upset by "people" . Hopefully DH is still improving and you can enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Liz

Thanks, Liz.  Unfortunately they took DH off the intravenous medication too soon (according to the Doc this morning) so they're going to resume that treatment.  She's also going to give him something to help with the journey home tomorrow.

We've requested with the head butler that we be allowed to stay onboard 'til lunchtime (tomorrow)  so he can get some treatment.  We have a transfer booked to the airport for 1pm; our flight is not 'til almost 9pm so we will use the private airport lounge facilities for the afternoon.

Edited by Beamafar

7 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks, Liz.  Unfortunately they took DH off the intravenous medication too soon (according to the Doc this morning) so they're going to resume that treatment.  She's also going to give him something to help with the journey home tomorrow.

We've requested with the head butler that we be allowed to stay onboard 'til lunchtime (tomorrow)  so he can get some treatment.  We have a transfer booked to the airport for 1pm; our flight is not 'til almost 9pm so we will use the private airport lounge facilities for the afternoon.

Bea, a shame DH is taking a bit of a backward step treatment wise. I hope the journey home is comfortable as can be given the circumstances.

I'm not wading into the debate above, even although I have a lot to say about it (it's taking quite a bit of restraint!). No reason to mar your thread.

Safe travels. :)

• Thanks 1