Reasonably Live from Reflection Amsterdam to Barcelona 6-18 September 2019

cruisestitch

Thank you all.  So far all is well.  Rooms were ready at 1:02.  Rain for sailaway so Sky Lounge was jammed (Whoever thought it was a good idea to have a reduced size sky lounge? And who thinks it’s a good idea to take space away from sky lounges is during the revolution? Or worse, to have no Sky Lounge at all?  Oh, I think we know the answer)

Were you able to drop off luggage in rooms before they were ready like on ships that have already undergone the Revolutionization? Did the Reflection have facial recognition in place yet? Were the seapass cards distributed at check in counters as in the past or were they in the mail slots outside your room?

Good morning cruisestitch!  

Bon voyage!  A few questions for you....

Would you be kind enough to post a copy of your itinerary here?  

What show was in the theater last night?  

Who is the cruise director on Reflection currently?  

What brand of bottled water can I get on the classic beverage package?

Thank you!

Paul

After a few days now, I can make some general comments about this ship.  It feels very crowded. As we all know, they added more staterooms to reflection without adding more public spaces. It’s difficult to find seats at Café al Bacio.  The buffet is very crowded at lunchtime, because it is been too chilly to sit outside. So they can’t spread the passengers out into the exterior areas the way you could on a warmer itinerary.

I am surprised that they didn’t add two or three more tables to Café al Bacio, and to Ensemble Lounge.  They have the space for it, but they have exactly the same number of tables as on the S class ships. With more passengers, a few more tables would be welcome.

Select dining has been a bit of a challenge. It seems that they allowed too many people to choose that option. As we look down into the main dining room, we see many tables in the traditional area that are going unused,

All of our dinners have been delicious. Most impressive were the roast beef, the lamb chops, and the pancetta-wrapped pork loin.

the app, well it has been useless.  

Edited by cruisestitch

We’ve had one unusual occurrence. The schedule is printed on day one showed that we would be changing time tomorrow as we go to Lisbon and then changing back again as we return to Spain. But there must’ve been a last-minute decision to keep the ship on Spanish time continuously because last night on our pillows was a memo that we will not be changing clock after all.

The funny thing is that not all of the crew even know this. I’ve had two waiters mention “don’t forget to change the time tonight” But we aren’t going to change the time.😁

We’re on this same sailing and have heard constant maintenance noise (metal grinding/pounding) coming from the crew-only area across the hall from our stateroom every day for eight days now. Our stateroom is on the back of the hump on deck 11. Has anyone else been hearing this noise?

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I’m all the way forward deck 6, no noise there.  What do they say at Guest Relations?

So far, a lot of apologies, promises that they’ll restrict work to times when we’re ashore, and more apologies. We’ll see what happens tomorrow and the rest of the cruise.