Finally, Latitudes party for Platinums and above

fstuff1

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

NCL adds the 20% gratuity to drink packages, even if provided as a promo.

Not always. They gave you a hint.

49 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Not in the U.K., which was the point being made.

Exactly. 

Edited by nclsuncruiser

On our 15 Day Epic Transatlantic Cruise from Port Canaveral to Barcelona this past spring, NCL had 4 separate Latitude Parties, starting with the Gold Members on up. The last Latitude Party was for Platinum, Platinum Plus, and Ambassador Members, and it was packed. Not a vacant seat available, with standing room only for the late arrivals. NCL announced during the party that Platinum Members and above, would each be receiving 2 free laundry bags. That came sure came in handy!   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Finally!

In all seriousness, I'm surprised there wasn't one till today just for the higher tiers.

(In all my cruises, I've never seen one and I'm Platinum plus.)

Edit:

I guess with all the double points promo over the summer, there's now enough Platinums to warrent a party?

IMG_20190905_192748635.jpg

I hate to burst this bubble but is at their discretion. On our last cruise, as a Platinum Plus we were supposed to have a party just for us like it says above, however at the last minute ( literally one day ahead of the party) they decided to have just one for everyone, they just to split it in 2 days. We did not go, it was just too crowded.

Edited by spanishguy1970

In April, the Escape threw a private party for Platinum and above in the District Brew House. It was a nice gathering, no selling of future cruises (in addition to the "everyone who wants to come" latitudes party). Beer (or cocktails) and light food

In August, there was just the "everyone who wants to come" latitudes party on the Joy which we skipped. The Joy actually cancelled the Dinner with an Officer on the afternoon of the dinner,,, causing some scrambling to arrange alternate dinner reservations. 

I stopped going to the Lattitudes parties a few cruises ago.  They were very crowded making it very hard to get a drink or snack. .And really nothing of interest was said or done !  Plus I believe they started to cut the time down...to 45 minutes (which was almost as long as I waited outside the venue to get it !!! LOL)?  

Hoping any changes will be good. !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

As for @erdoran 's question - NCL has long stopped checking for the invite or color coded Guest keycards for Latitude tier level/status at the entrance, as those personalized letter was once used for door prizes (long gone, long ago ...)  

Actually, my last two cruises this year, the CruiseNext manager was checking key cards for status.

19 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Yes, thats why I avoid the regular Latitudes party because it's nothing special since almost everyone is invited.

Hm.. I like the idea of Platinum plus and above be invited to the Haven Captain's reception. 🙂

We too no longer bother with the latitude party: it is crowed and it doesn't really feel like anything special I love the idea of one just for plat and above I am not excited about one on the last day when we are on the Breakaway next month:  I certainly understand the last day but at noon? That is about the time Wine lovers starts or was last time we sailed the Breakaway. I would love to do both. Maybe it would be better to have the party late afternoon. Only a thought, 

18 hours ago, BaWBarmy said:

I have the UBP or whatever it's called now, so how would a happy hour be any sort of benefit, and if you think that it outweighs a free bag of laundry each then you are bonkers.

Good point. In fact that was another reason we stopped going to the latitude parties. Mostly we did stop because of the size, but just to go and get a free glass of wine didn't seem to be a big thing. The one thing we did enjoy in days past was door prizes. Never on Celebrity or Princess did they have drawings for door prizes. Each line has its own specials for their loyal clients. 

Had the Platinum/+/Ambassador party in the District on my last Escape cruise.  Good time...wasn’t too crowded.  They had light snacks like sushi, spring rolls, chicken wings, etc....along with beer tastings.  They certainly kept us in plenty of food and beer.  Met some new friends and probably lingered another hour there after the party was over.

Not sure how they do it now, as this was in June.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Had the Platinum/+/Ambassador party in the District on my last Escape cruise.  Good time...wasn’t too crowded.  They had light snacks like sushi, spring rolls, chicken wings, etc....along with beer tastings.  They certainly kept us in plenty of food and beer.  Met some new friends and probably lingered another hour there after the party was over.

Not sure how they do it now, as this was in June.

No drinks besides beer? Beer tastes icky to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lambs2 said:

No drinks besides beer? Beer tastes icky to me.

I think each ship is different as far as what's being served/available.  The gatherings I've gone to had mixed drinks like bahama mamas, glasses of sparkling wine, red wine, etc., however, very little food offerings. 

Each ship, each HD/Captain, (I have no idea who decides this kind of thing) can decide how to spread good cheer. 🤣 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Not sure about mixed drinks.  The District brews their own microbrews.  So, that’s what’s featured.  I guess they could accommodate a mixed drink, if asked.  But, don’t know for sure since it was in their brew house.

The last gathering I went to was a couple of years ago, so, considering how quickly things seem to change on NCL, you could very well be correct.   

I've never been impressed with the Latitudes Party although I did enjoy getting a free drink in the days before the UBP became a thing.  On our Alaskan cruise on the Holland Westerdam we were invited to the Mariners Society lunch.  Why I don't know because this was our first cruise with Holland.  Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth, we attended.  Wow, I was blown away with the lunch and it included champagne and everyone received a free gift.  The Latitudes party pales in comparison.

On 9/6/2019 at 2:25 PM, morrisretired said:

On our 15 Day Epic Transatlantic Cruise from Port Canaveral to Barcelona this past spring, NCL had 4 separate Latitude Parties, starting with the Gold Members on up. The last Latitude Party was for Platinum, Platinum Plus, and Ambassador Members, and it was packed. Not a vacant seat available, with standing room only for the late arrivals. NCL announced during the party that Platinum Members and above, would each be receiving 2 free laundry bags. That came sure came in handy!   

Hope this happens on my 21 day Bliss cruise. I'm Platinum.

I have learned to just step up to the bar and order what I would like. I keep it simple (like a Ketel One on the rocks) and drop a tip on the bar. They have always made time to accommodate me. I generally cruise without the Beverage Package. 

Once on a four day itinerary (as part of a back to back with a ten day), we were among a very small number of Platinum cruisers on board. We actually got invited to the Captains cocktail party that was mostly for Haven guests. We had a nice chat with the head of Guest Services. This turned out to be a godsend when we ran into some issues on the ten day and contacted him directly to get the problem solved. 

So would I go to a party for ALL the Latitudes levels? Probably not, at this point. But a Platinum and above event?  Absolutely!

On 9/6/2019 at 2:18 PM, Cruisercl said:

Isn't there a 3 drink limit during the HH? A bit limited on time and offers really.

Do they offer any specialty dining or even free laundry?

What else?

I am just asking because I do not know RCCL benefits.

Also, we have never found RCCL to be cheaper than NCL even with the perks.

The Platinum party sounds great!

Thanks!!!

You are correct three drink limit  ,  I believe you get bogo in the specialty dining on first two nights and one bag free laundry. 

14 hours ago, DPCM said:

You are correct three drink limit  ,  I believe you get bogo in the specialty dining on first two nights and one bag free laundry. 

As posted elsewhere on this thread, your information is incomplete (and thus misleading) on RCI drink limit if the ship has a Diamond lounge (and strong majority of ships do have a D lounge).  There is no limit on drinks in D lounge and one gets three more by voucher which can be used at bar, theater, or dinner.

specialty dining boho and free laundry bag are given a D plus level

Edited by Starry Eyes

On 9/7/2019 at 12:00 PM, Oakman58 said:

I've never been impressed with the Latitudes Party although I did enjoy getting a free drink in the days before the UBP became a thing.  On our Alaskan cruise on the Holland Westerdam we were invited to the Mariners Society lunch.  Why I don't know because this was our first cruise with Holland.  Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth, we attended.  Wow, I was blown away with the lunch and it included champagne and everyone received a free gift.  The Latitudes party pales in comparison.

Good to hear: our experience with HAL and the special guest party or the M&G was a total bomb. It make NCLs look like a huge specialty banquet or something, but I have to admit this was years ago 

We lingered in our seats for a few minutes after our last Latitudes party to finish our free drinks.  People started flooding in and taking up all of the available seats, and many were standing.  We had no idea what was going on, but it turned out there was about to be a barber shop quartet performance.  I didn't even know I liked barber shop quartets, but it was very enjoyable and I'm glad we were already there to have seats.

• Like 1

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

the small Bliss lounge was packed.

The dawn doesn't have an observation lounge like on Jewel class ships.

IMG_20190907_123117479.jpg

Red wine: Merlot

White: Chardonnay

Both santa Catalina brand, which is the old ncl brand. (New ncl brand: north and south)

IMG_20190907_123128921.jpg

Live music.

No sales pitches/up selling

IMG_20190907_123636178.jpg

Edited by fstuff1