Al fresco dining on the Nieuw Statendam

caribophile

You can also sit at one of the tables near the main pool.  As for not having a tray, do what we did.  I bought some inexpensive trays, packed them between T-shirts and used them to carry multiple dishes to our chosen table by the pool (either aft or amid-ship).  It saves a lot of walking, and most people commented on what a good idea it was.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

You can also sit at one of the tables near the main pool.  As for not having a tray, do what we did.  I bought some inexpensive trays, packed them between T-shirts and used them to carry multiple dishes to our chosen table by the pool (either aft or amid-ship).  It saves a lot of walking, and most people commented on what a good idea it was.

Brilliant. I bought some trays off Amazon for very little. They just look like cafeteria trays. Nice for all sorts of stuff like taking steaks out to the grill or taking drinks out to the patio when we have guests. Think I will pack one for our next cruise to help in the Lido and getting stuff back to the cabin. 🥂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Brilliant. I bought some trays off Amazon for very little. They just look like cafeteria trays. Nice for all sorts of stuff like taking steaks out to the grill or taking drinks out to the patio when we have guests. Think I will pack one for our next cruise to help in the Lido and getting stuff back to the cabin. 🥂

I am going to order some, thanks for the info.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

I bought a couple at the Dollar Tree. & yes, they're good around the house, too.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2019 at 8:30 PM, fatcat04 said:

Brilliant. I bought some trays off Amazon for very little. They just look like cafeteria trays. 

I bet one could probably find something at a local thrift store that would suffice as well! But I do agree it's an inspired idea! I'll start browsing now for our holiday cruise.

Edited by rucrazy
Completed my response
  • Like 1