Cruise Critics admins please read and take action...I am being stalked

Not sure what I did to deserve this....but this was received to a personal email address not associated with my account here.  I share openly in case anyone received such troll communications.

So someone should REALLY have told you this, clearly they have not, so I am here to do it.

You are one of the biggest jackasses at CruiseCritic. You think you are so freaking special and spend a lot of time harping about how much money you spend and your Royal Suites. Ok, really, NO ONE CARES. We don't. I laugh at you knowing that your ego must be the tiniest little thing if you cannot help but post things like you are paying for your inlaw's a balcony and you are taking a royal suite and winking about how you you will get over feeling guilty about it. I am sure that you will! And I am as sure that you never felt any guilt at all. That is just so utterly tacky, but then you have paintings of flamigo dancers in your home in 2019 so I am pretty sure tacky isn't something you would recognize if you saw it 😉

And while I am at it, please stop posting pictures of your children online at all the cruise boards. They aren't cute, in fact your daughter is (I am sorry to say) downright ugly. I have rarely seen a child that ugly (takes after your wife with a bit of you thrown in, a sad situation).  No one wants to see them, truly, really, honestly. We don't want to see your cabin or your vacation.  I can deal with the ego maniacs on the boards, I can deal with the know it all's, but you take the cake. Please do us a favor and at least take a break from the boards. We don't like you, we don't like you more when you post the things that you do. Go away. Please go away.

This came from an email address I will be happy to share with you in PM if you would like to investigate further and determine if it can be used to track the member who was nice enough to reach out to me.  It probably won't help since it is a USA.com email alias which is one of everyone's favorite spam provides

Edited by dodgestang

37 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Not sure what I did to deserve this....but this was received to a personal email address not associated with my account here.  I share openly in case anyone received such troll communications.

This came from an email address I will be happy to share with you in PM if you would like to investigate further and determine if it can be used to track the member who was nice enough to reach out to me.  It probably won't help since it is a USA.com email alias which is one of everyone's favorite spam provides

@LauraS @CC Help Jenn should be able to help you.

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Oh! How bizarre! And strangely creepy. I am not on FB, and now I know why. I thought your posts were fine. :classic_smile:

I've run discussion forums on auto-centric topics online for nearly 2 decades plus FB groups...so I am used to hate mail by now and usually just ignore it....but.....only I get to point out how ugly my kids are darn it everyone else needs to keep up the polite societal pretext 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

An easy way to track your stalkers is to periodically check your profile and see who is checking you out. I have a couple. 🤣

People check profiles to see a posters posts, like I did after seeing this thread.  Just because someone looked at a profile, that doesn't make them a stalker.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

People check profiles to see a posters posts, like I did after seeing this thread.  Just because someone looked at a profile, that doesn't make them a stalker.  

I have done that too but also having to use my web browser on my phone and tablet since the apps stopped working I have accidentally tapped the name and brought up the profile.  

25 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not what I'm talking about. I see the same people visit my profile weekly, sometimes more often. 😉

There is a way around it, though. 😇

7 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I have done that too but also having to use my web browser on my phone and tablet since the apps stopped working I have accidentally tapped the name and brought up the profile.  

Nothing wrong with checking a profile, I do it all the time. 

39 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

that's a feature I didn't know existed....it only shows last 5....not very entertaining at all. 

There used to be more. It even showed what posts you read last.  Just for fun check it every few days for a week or two

Edited by John&LaLa

6 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

The email address they sent to have you ever shared it with anyone online? Just in case I would go about changing my passwords. If they found your email address who knows what other information they might try and track down.

I have used the name dodgestang online for 25 yrs.  I own and maintain a domain under it which I run my own email server on.  I have a link on my home page that goes to the admin box for my site which is where this arrived from.  The illusion of anonymity online is just that...an illusion, so I make no effort to hide who I am.  A simple google search of my user name would have turned this up. 

10 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

I have used the name dodgestang online for 25 yrs.  I own and maintain a domain under it which I run my own email server on.  I have a link on my home page that goes to the admin box for my site which is where this arrived from.  The illusion of anonymity online is just that...an illusion, so I make no effort to hide who I am.  A simple google search of my user name would have turned this up. 

From your first post the impression I got was the emailer found information that was not publicly accessible hence my advice about the passwords, but since that is not the case, it is one less thing to worry about. Hope you get the situation sorted🤗.

4 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

From your first post the impression I got was the emailer found information that was not publicly accessible hence my advice about the passwords, but since that is not the case, it is one less thing to worry about. Hope you get the situation sorted🤗.

It is not associated with Cruise Critic...meaning that poster left this interface (which they could have sent me a message on), used google, and then fired off an email using a free web based email address from GMX.com to a random email address.  Since my domain is a family photo archive I'll assume they enjoyed looking through my photos to confirm they had the right person. 

3 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

It is not associated with Cruise Critic...meaning that poster left this interface (which they could have sent me a message on), used google, and then fired off an email using a free web based email address from GMX.com to a random email address.  Since my domain is a family photo archive I'll assume they enjoyed looking through my photos to confirm they had the right person. 

Can you receive PMs? I thought the CC PM service didn't work for anyone but admin. How did you get it to work?

3 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Can you receive PMs? I thought the CC PM service didn't work for anyone but admin. How did you get it to work?

I never tried...just assumed.  I see now that it is turned off.  I can't image why.  😉

• LauraS locked this topic