Anthem main dining rooms- differences?

big al

Hi all..my wife & I will be on the Anthem Of The Seas soon, and I was wondering what the differences are between the 4 main dining rooms- Chic, The Grande, Silk, and American Icon? From what I saw on YouTube, Chic & The Grande look a little more elegant..my wife & I prefer dining alone at a table for 2, if this helps..I LOVE escargot as an appetizer, and I am a meat guy more than chicken & fish..HOWEVER, I do love lobster, and was wondering if lobster tail night is done here on our 9 night Canada/NE cruise?..we have purchased the 3 night specialty dining package, and will probably do Chops, Jamie's and maybe Wonderland..we are a little nervous about Wonderland because the menu looks so ..eclectic, and non- traditional..opinions on Wonderland? Thanks to all! :classic_biggrin:

Big Al

Sailed on Anthem in May.....2 of the MDR's are My Time Dining and the other 2 are for set time dining.  Your dining room will be listed on your SeaPass card.  I had MTD and was assigned the American Icon.  We had a table for 2 in American Icon- all dining venues can accommodate a table for 2.  All the dining venues have the same menu.  Lobster night is always done on the 2nd formal night and you can get as many as you like!  The guy at a table near us had 12!!  Lol.....I did not eat in Wonderland....friends of mine did and HATED it!  Very mixed reviews- I think either you love it or hate it....lol.  Enjoy the Anthem....I loved the ship!

Edited by SuiteLady

15 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

Sailed on Anthem in May.....2 of the MDR's are My Time Dining and the other 2 are for set time dining.  Your dining room will be listed on your SeaPass card.  I had MTD and was assigned the American Icon.  We had a table for 2 in American Icon- all dining venues can accommodate a table for 2.  All the dining venues have the same menu.  Lobster night is always done on the 2nd formal night and you can get as many as you like!  The guy at a table near us had 12!!  Lol.....I did not eat in Wonderland....friends of mine did and HATED it!  Very mixed reviews- I think either you love it or hate it....lol.  Enjoy the Anthem....I loved the ship!

SuiteLady- Thanks for the tips!! I heard the same about Wonderland..wife kinda picky..don't think we will try it...which other DR had MTD besides American Icon, do you know?

14 minutes ago, big al said:

SuiteLady- Thanks for the tips!! I heard the same about Wonderland..wife kinda picky..don't think we will try it...which other DR had MTD besides American Icon, do you know?

On our Anthem cruises the other MTD room was Silk which was on the same deck 4 as Am. Icon.

Deck 3 DRs were the fixed traditional ones.

Edited by robtulipe

20 minutes ago, big al said:

Had a wine tasting in Chic, so I was in there.  This was on deck 3...  Mostly white décor and perhaps looked "fancier".  I enjoyed the American Icon too....I think they are all nice in their own way.  You may want to youtube the dining rooms and get a better idea of exactly how they look....Deck 3 was traditional dining (set times) and deck 4 was MTD (my time dining). 

Edited by SuiteLady

The only difference in the dining rooms now is the design/decor. Menus are all the same and they all have a mix of large and small tables. Like others said, two are dedicated to My Time and two are traditional.

re: Wonderland. It's more about the experience than the food. My husband and I went on Symphony and we both were hit or miss on the food (some were great, some not quite up our alley). The experience was a blast though. In all honesty, I don't even remember what food we got; the waiter basically asked if there was anything we couldn't eat and then ordered for us. I'm not even 100% sure why he gave us the menus, other than for the "painting" experience.

Ultimately, I'd do it again if we got a package (likely the Unlimited package), but I wouldn't buy it specifically

Since you will be in NE, you will have plenty of opportunities to get delicious reasonably priced lobster in port. My favorite was a little walk-up window with a couple of picnic tables we happened to pass on our way back to the tender. Fresh lobster rolls and homemade ice cream. No dinner for us that night. 

1 hour ago, SuiteLady said:

Had a wine tasting in Chic, so I was in there.  This was on deck 3...  Mostly white décor and perhaps looked "fancier".  I enjoyed the American Icon too....I think they are all nice in their own way.  You may want to youtube the dining rooms and get a better idea of exactly how they look....Deck 3 was traditional dining (set times) and deck 4 was MTD (my time dining). 

Thanks...

I wish I’d looked at the other dining rooms, last week. We were on My Time dining and in Silk.  

We we found it to be dark, cramped and nothing special.  The furnishings were cheap and tables so close we were almost sharing!  

A leisurely dinner with family is one of our highlights on a cruise, but the ambiance To sit back, chat and enjoy just wasn’t there.  We also, despite having a time to eat, had to stand in a queue for sometimes half an hour beforehand, it was bedlam. 

We we were also surprised at how little the menu changed, just one or two changes, unless that was only the nights we went. Always Onion Soup, always apple crumble etc. 

We ended up eating in Windjammers, found a quiet table at the back, but it wasn’t the same. The food was I think better up there, but no service of course. We had a teen with us so couldn’t go to the Solarium one. 

Weve done one a few cruises and never, ever have we eaten at the self serve for dinner!! 

If if we went RCI again - which I don’t think we will - I would definitely go for timed dining, it has to be a better experience surely?

4 hours ago, robtulipe said:

On our Anthem cruises the other MTD room was Silk which was on the same deck 4 as Am. Icon.

Deck 3 DRs were the fixed traditional ones.

On our Aug. 29th Anthem sail, the Grande was used to accommodate MTD Paxs when empty tables became available.  Menus are the same in all of the 4 restaurants.

Ps.  No longer any Formal Nights, I believe those nights are called something like "Wear Your Best" or something like it.  Some Paxs wore non traditional garb and I'm afraid eventually it may turn into some freak show.

In Anthem we did MTD and never waited more than 5 min!  They have a menu of items that appear each night and then a few that r different every night.  Found the choices to b plenty, as I always found something each night and food was good.  The tables do tend to b close to each other, but it did not bother us.... 

When we were on the Anthem, we selected MTD. Each night, we told the hostess to seat us at the first available table. So we alternated between the two MTD restaurants. The hostess kept trying to seat us with the same waiter, and I told her that we were not willing to wait 15 minutes for a table at the waiter's station to open.