Refreshment Package pricing?

cjc729

• Clarea changed the title to Refreshment Package pricing?
1 hour ago, cjc729 said:

So much discussion about sale prices of the Deluxe Drink Package, but are there sale prices offered for the Refreshment Packages also?  Sailing on Symphony in May 2020.  Thanks!

I bought it last year on black Friday for my May 2019 sailing, it was $20+/- with the gratuities

3 minutes ago, cjc729 said:

Thanks everyone for the replies!  Appreciate it!

Looks like it's the same guessing/waiting game as the Deluxe Drink Package.  Maybe the Black Friday sale will be the one to watch for.

I would suggest that you just buy it when the price looks reasonable and if the price drops lower (Black Friday or not), just cancel it and repurchase.  no penalties, can be done until about 48 hours prior to sailing.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cjc729 said:

Thanks everyone for the replies!  Appreciate it!

Looks like it's the same guessing/waiting game as the Deluxe Drink Package.  Maybe the Black Friday sale will be the one to watch for.

The price doesn't seem to fluctuate near as much as the DBP does.

Edited by Tree_skier

10 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

Just bought my refreshment package for 34.99 CDN at 15% discount. Sailing on Symphony April 2020. Reading this  post looks like I did not get a discount.

Sorry to tell you but $34.99 is really the regular price.  Ignore the % off that they tell you as they use fake numbers.  You should be able to find it for about $25 or $26 CDN on sale. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 9/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, Jesseslola said:

Darn, I will check the Black Friday sale.. thanks!

They are currently on sale for at least one of the cruises that I have booked.  Keep checking you never know when they will go on sale for you specific cruise. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2019 at 4:36 PM, Jesseslola said:

Just bought my refreshment package for 34.99 CDN at 15% discount. Sailing on Symphony April 2020. Reading this  post looks like I did not get a discount.

Hi @Jesseslola - just wondering if you purchased it directly from the RCI website?  When I log in, everything is quoted in USD.  Did you just do the conversion for posting here?  I'm in Canada too, but I have a USD credit card.

On 9/15/2019 at 10:58 AM, Iamcruzin said:

That's a good price. I purchased it last year Black Friday for $18. 

@Iamcruzin - that's a great price.  Just confirming, the calculation is $18 x 8 days ($144.00)?  

17 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

Hi @Jesseslola - just wondering if you purchased it directly from the RCI website?  When I log in, everything is quoted in USD.  Did you just do the conversion for posting here?  I'm in Canada too, but I have a USD credit card.

Did you book your cruise in $US?

I suspect you did as you mentioned having  a USD credit card.

Typically your pre-cruise purchases are in the currency one has booked their cruise in.

Edited by robtulipe

1 hour ago, robtulipe said:

Did you book your cruise in $US?

I suspect you did as you mentioned having  a USD credit card.

Typically your pre-cruise purchases are in the currency one has booked their cruise in.

Yes, but I booked through a US travel agent, not RCI.  Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, red-dragon said:

@Iamcruzin - that's a great price.  Just confirming, the calculation is $18 x 8 days ($144.00)?  

Plus the gratuity