Forgot Coupon Book, Want to buy the bed

keri2000

We left our coupon book on the Royal Princess ship accidentally this past weekend and there was a coupon in it  for the luxury bed. We are intending on buying it and would really love the savings. Is anyone on board or have the coupon book with the current code for the mattress/bed? I believe it was for 15% off. It would be most appreciated! 

46 minutes ago, keri2000 said:

We left our coupon book on the Royal Princess ship accidentally this past weekend and there was a coupon in it  for the luxury bed. We are intending on buying it and would really love the savings. Is anyone on board or have the coupon book with the current code for the mattress/bed? I believe it was for 15% off. It would be most appreciated! 

I am going to be on Princess cruise next week and can see if I can find the coupon code.

Reply to this so it goes in my Notifications and I can find this topic in a couple of weeks time.

By the way the URL for purchasing the bed is https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, brisalta said:

I am going to be on Princess cruise next week and can see if I can find the coupon code.

Reply to this so it goes in my Notifications and I can find this topic in a couple of weeks time.

By the way the URL for purchasing the bed is https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/

The coupon code which is good until Dec 31, 2019 is PCBCC19 and is for 15% off. The code is the same in all the books. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

The coupon code which is good until Dec 31, 2019 is PCBCC19 and is for 15% off. The code is the same in all the books. 

Then no need for me to worry about searching for the code and posting it here.

I remember that the mattresses were very comfortable. I wonder how well they have held up.

I will find out next week. I will have to take a look at the label and see the manufacturing date to try to ascertain if it is original from the refit 2017 or a replacement.

3 hours ago, ksm77 said:

We did not buy the bed but we have purchased the pillows.  Love them!  We have them in King size and regular size.

i have had the worst luck with pillows but loved the ones on my last cruise.  i didn't look to see if they were down or fiberfill.  which did you end up getting?

6 hours ago, brisalta said:

Did you also order the box spring?

Once it arrives let us know if what you get is what you expected.

I have found that if you ever want to file a claim against the warranty - you better have the box spring that is sold with the bed.

• Like 3

Will be doing our first Princess cruise in several years and I am excited about the good reviews of the bedding.  I usually travel with my own feather pillow but if the pillows are that nice, I would leave mine at home.  Do they provide feather pillows or, if not, can you request one?  We will be doing a 58  day b2b2b and if I didn't have to take my pillow, it would free up some luggage space.  Thanks for the help

On 9/17/2019 at 7:53 PM, vampiress said:

i have had the worst luck with pillows but loved the ones on my last cruise.  i didn't look to see if they were down or fiberfill.  which did you end up getting?

We bought a set of both.  Princess has put one of each on the beds for 2 people.  One pillow is feathers & one is fiberfill.

On 9/21/2019 at 5:12 PM, ksm77 said:

We bought a set of both.  Princess has put one of each on the beds for 2 people.  One pillow is feathers & one is fiberfill.

Is the pillow choice an Elite perk or were you in a suite? My wife would love to have a feather pillow when cruising. That's what she uses at home.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:59 PM, Thrak said:

Is the pillow choice an Elite perk or were you in a suite? My wife would love to have a feather pillow when cruising. That's what she uses at home.

It is part of the new bedding.  We were in a balcony cabin.

On 9/18/2019 at 12:20 PM, crusin'k said:

Will be doing our first Princess cruise in several years and I am excited about the good reviews of the bedding.  I usually travel with my own feather pillow but if the pillows are that nice, I would leave mine at home.  Do they provide feather pillows or, if not, can you request one?  We will be doing a 58  day b2b2b and if I didn't have to take my pillow, it would free up some luggage space.  Thanks for the help

I always travel with my own pillows but usually don't use them on Princess cruises because theirs are so comfortable.  Our pillows stayed in our suitcases all week.

I knew the mattress could be purchased, but not the pillows.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, keri2000 said:

Nope not yet. This is week 7. It will be 2 months on the 18th. No word on delivery yet. 

The princessluxurybed checkout web page says "Shipping For Mattress (6-8 Week Delivery Time)" so I would think a call to them would be order at the end of the 8th week.

"For any questions about your order:

Toll Free: (855) 757.2972

Email: retail@princessluxurybed.com "

On 9/24/2019 at 9:36 PM, keri2000 said:

I didn't order the box spring. I already have a platform. 😊 

I bought the king sized bed, box spring, mattress topper, mattress cover, sheets, pillows, duvet and duvet cover. The whole shebang just over 2 years ago. The set has held up beautifully.  

If you want the same experience that you had on board you will need to replicate what you had on board. 

Putting the mattress on a platform will change how the mattress feels.  

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I bought the king sized bed, box spring, mattress topper, mattress cover, sheets, pillows, duvet and duvet cover. The whole shebang just over 2 years ago. The set has held up beautifully.  

If you want the same experience that you had on board you will need to replicate what you had on board. 

Putting the mattress on a platform will change how the mattress feels.  

Great to hear a good review. I completely agree about the box springs. It affects the mattress.

Well it's been just over 9 weeks and I still have no news on the status of my mattress. I've called several times and they have reached out to the freight company with no response. They believe a local shipping company has had it for almost 2 weeks. I'm getting frustrated to say the least. I won't be purchasing a mattress in this manner again. 

On 9/18/2019 at 5:18 AM, Coral said:

I have found that if you ever want to file a claim against the warranty - you better have the box spring that is sold with the bed.

At this point I wouldn't trust that I would ever be successful with a warranty claim anyway.