Favorite Food in Speciality Restaurants

Sportmom55

Pretty much everything in Le Bistro: My husband loves the escargot, I love the mushroom soup. Beef tenderloin is delicious. Chocolate Napoleon Dessert. Profiteroles dessert. 

Los Lobos: Guacamole made tableside. I could make that my whole meal!

Q Smokehouse: Chopped salad,  my husband likes the chili starter, Pork spareribs. if you like bananas the pudding, is light and refreshing. 

Cagney's: is okay steakhouse. Love the 7 layer chocolate cake. 

Moderno ; Don't like it, meat is salty and I don't like sitting around waiting for a waiter to bring me the next meat choice. 

5 hours ago, Von & John said:

Le Bistro - French Onion Soup

Le Bistro - Chocolate Fondue Desert

love the fondue also. 

I am a huge lover of the Escargot as well.  I have heard the soup are great in Le Bistro, and I am a lover of the lamb chops there as well.  Otherwise we usually try something different each time we sail. 

34 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Anyone have the Surf and Turf at both Cagney's and Ocean Blue?  Which one is better?

Both were really good.  If you held a gun to my head and made me choose, I’d probably say Cagney’s because they got the steak perfect.  I like my steak medium rare.  Cagney’s nailed it.

Ocean Blue was a shade more towards rare.  Still quite good, though.

• Thanks 1

Le Bistro. Mushroom soup and the Escargot , the fruits de mer  that was served in a puff pastry, I don’t think it’s still on the menu

La Cucina  Osso Bucco and the spaghetti carbonara 

Cagneys. Ribeye and creme brûlée 

Moderno the salad bar and pineapple 

10 hours ago, Sportmom55 said:

What are the favorite food items you’ve ordered in the different speciality restaurants?

Le Bistro- asparagus & duck salad, crab salad (although it looks odd), mushroom soup, filet, dover sole, veal, crème brulee, profiteroles

La Cucina- filet, mushroom risotto; I've had the ossobuco be good but the three weeks ago on the Epic it was terrible.

Cagney's- crab cakes, filet

Cagney’s surf and turf includes a lobster tail now. Didn’t like mine very much. Kind of mushy. The lobster tail was better at Ocean Blue but my steak was under cooked. I voiced my displeasure so they took it away and microwaved it. It was absolutely awful.

Just back from Bliss.

Cagney’S.  OK, not great. Fillet was perfect. Everything thing else, not up to Cagney’s standards.

LeBistro.   Fabulous, ended up going twice. Mussels and mushroom soup good. Crab salad is misleading. Think soft crab cake wrapped in wilt d lettuce leaf. Not a fresh green type salad. Asparagus and duck salad, good. Veal medallions with twice baked potatoes.  Had this twice. Lamb really good. CREME BRÛLÉE both times!,!

Q- OK, platter had 4  items on it. ribs the best. Included sides not good. Coleslaw seemed like it was made in blender(mush) Should have ordered  sides from bottom of menu. banana pudding had lumps of cornstarch , not good. Not a fan of artificial whipped topping. Pecan Pie great but very (sweet).

Food Republic- the best of freshly prepared small shared plates. Loved it.

Los Lobos-  salsa with chips. Tasted like canned tomatoe sauce.eck. Guacamole made table side was the best. Quesadilla’s are good. Enchiladas not good. Same bad sauce. Should have just stuck with guacamole with the quesadillas for dinner. “House made” ice cream tasted just like what is offered at buffet. 

Service was complete spectrum. Excellent (LeBistro, Food Republic) to poor (Q)  . they were completely disorganized 😕 

Edited by phissy