Eclipse Revolution Date Changed

ChuckL

I just noticed that the Revolution date for the Celebrity Eclipse was changed on the Revolution Schedule webpage

https://www.celebritycruises.com/revolution/schedule/ 

from November 24, 2020 to April 4, 2021. 

I haven’t seen the change reflected on other webpages yet, but the 4/4/21 sailing of the Eclipse is currently scheduled as a 19 night trip from Melbourne, Australia to Oahu (Honolulu), Hawaii. Is Melbourne a port with the facilities capable of completing the Revolution upgrades? She was originally going to be upgraded in Singapore in November 2020, which I believe is where the Millenium was done. 

Edited by ChuckL

I'm pretty sure the date on the revolution schedule is the date the ship returns to service as a revolutionized ship. Ie., the April 4, 2021 sailing out of Melbourne is the first sailing for Eclipse as a revolutionized ship. It would then be ferried from the renovation dock to Melbourne in the days up to April 4, perhaps/probably from Singapore.

Interestingly, this change isn't reflected in the travel agent material yet: http://thecelebritycommitment.com/Revolution.html (The Best Ships In The World -> Revolution Timeline).

Edited by mikkelhansen

4 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

http://thecelebritycommitment.com/Revolution.html (The Best Ships In The World -> Revolution Timeline).

Thank you for this link, I was looking for information about Constellation. Apparently she will be back in service on May 26, as indicated at the bottom of the page  - completion date.

DB5911E4-A3A6-41F4-8C5A-2861F4CE0F4A.png

Edited by upwarduk

That leaves a gap in the schedule.  We are on the  10/11/20 sailing from Tokyo to Singapore and from there  be revolutionized.  In checking our cruise ends on 10/27

and there are no sailings listed until 11/24 when she leaves Singapore heading to Sydney.

13 hours ago, ChuckL said:

I just noticed that the Revolution date for the Celebrity Eclipse was changed on the Revolution Schedule webpage

https://www.celebritycruises.com/revolution/schedule/ 

from November 24, 2020 to April 4, 2021. 

I haven’t seen the change reflected on other webpages yet, but the 4/4/21 sailing of the Eclipse is currently scheduled as a 19 night trip from Melbourne, Australia to Oahu (Honolulu), Hawaii. Is Melbourne a port with the facilities capable of completing the Revolution upgrades? She was originally going to be upgraded in Singapore in November 2020, which I believe is where the Millenium was done. 

This is new..

So now I'm wondering if Eclipse inaugural season in Australia will be a revolution ship or not? That will be a shot in the foot if its not. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

From 17/5/2021 untl 18/10/21 Celebrity Eclipse is registered at Palma de Mallorca's port. According to the bookings it will do 14-day cruises including Valencia, Palma de Mallorca and Toulon.

What website did you find this information at?

31 minutes ago, jerryd1 said:

I'm sure glad we booked the Transpacific from Sydney in April 2021 on the Solstice instead.      

We are onboard, too. We looked at the Eclipse out of Melbourne but liked the Solstice itinerary a bit better. 

How disappointing for for those who had already booked. I imagine we’ll have a few new members on our Roll Call.

More info on the Eclipse Revolution change:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4503/

"(12:10 p.m. EDT) -- Celebrity Cruises has pushed back the multimillion dollar refurbishment of Celebrity Eclipse to spring 2021. The ship was scheduled to enter dry dock on October 27, 2020 and stay for a month. Instead, the ship will enter dry dock on March 7, 2021 and remain until April 3, 2021.

"Through 2023, Celebrity Cruises has dedicated more than $500 million toward a fleetwide modernization effort known as 'The Celebrity Revolution,'" a spokesperson for Celebrity Cruises said. "As part of this effort, four ships were scheduled to complete 'Revolutionary' modernizations in 2020, including Celebrity Eclipse. Due to operational efficiencies, the brand is rescheduling the dry dock of Celebrity Eclipse."

The line apologized for the inconvenience the schedule change has caused and is in the process of contacting affected passengers to re-accommodate them.

The change in schedule has allowed the cruise line to add two new 2020 Asia sailings traveling roundtrip from Singapore and calling in Vietnam and Thailand, as well as three new 2021 sailings, including a visit to the Great Barrier Reef out of Melbourne; a sailing to Vietnam, Taiwan and Japan; and a Japan and Bering Sea transpacific sailing out of Tokyo.

In 2019, three ships in the Celebrity fleet underwent a Revolution refurbishment: Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Summit and Celebrity Equinox. Refurbishments still on for 2020 are Celebrity Silhouette (January), Celebrity Constellation (April) and Celebrity Infinity (October/November)."

Edited by vtcruising

We were booked on both the March 23 Great Barrier Reef and April 4 Melbourne to Honolulu cruises as part of a  2 1/2 month 5 cruise plus land vacation. We were so excited to have it all worked out, after months of research, planning, finessing, etc.

We only found out about the cancellations due to Cruise Critic boards. We have not been contacted, nor has our travel agent. 

We are currently looking at other options, and are well aware that we are awfully fortunate that this is the sort of problem we have to deal with, but it's still a bummer.

We are also booked on what were supposed to be the last three Eclipse cruises before the scheduled October 2020 refurbishment. We will consider whether to add the new southeast Asia cruise instead of spending time on land before our Princess cruise from Singapore to Sydney.

I'm interested to see how others are altering their plans.

4 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

We were booked on both the March 23 Great Barrier Reef and April 4 Melbourne to Honolulu cruises as part of a  2 1/2 month 5 cruise plus land vacation. We were so excited to have it all worked out, after months of research, planning, finessing, etc.

We only found out about the cancellations due to Cruise Critic boards. We have not been contacted, nor has our travel agent. 

We are currently looking at other options, and are well aware that we are awfully fortunate that this is the sort of problem we have to deal with, but it's still a bummer.

We are also booked on what were supposed to be the last three Eclipse cruises before the scheduled October 2020 refurbishment. We will consider whether to add the new southeast Asia cruise instead of spending time on land before our Princess cruise from Singapore to Sydney.

I'm interested to see how others are altering their plans.

Sorry for your cancellations and for everyone affected. I've had it happen before and it all worked out, but it is disappointing when you've done all the research and chosen the cabin you want, etc. I hope it works out okay for you...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Sorry for your cancellations and for everyone affected. I've had it happen before and it all worked out, but it is disappointing when you've done all the research and chosen the cabin you want, etc. I hope it works out okay for you...

We were on the 10 Night April 22 sailing from Honolulu to  Vancouver which was replaced with another cruise. I contacted Celebrity and have re-booked on the 11 Night Solstice Honolulu to Vancouver Cruise. We had really wanted to sail on a Revolutionized ship and were planning 5 nights in Honolulu pre-cruise. Oh well. We’ll have 2 nights in Honolulu pre-cruise, 2 in Vancouver/Seattle and an overnight in Maui on the cruise. Not so bad after all!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckL said:

We were on the 10 Night April 22 sailing from Honolulu to  Vancouver which was replaced with another cruise. I contacted Celebrity and have re-booked on the 11 Night Solstice Honolulu to Vancouver Cruise. We had really wanted to sail on a Revolutionized ship and were planning 5 nights in Honolulu pre-cruise. Oh well. We’ll have 2 nights in Honolulu pre-cruise, 2 in Vancouver/Seattle and an overnight in Maui on the cruise. Not so bad after all!

Sounds heavenly! I'm glad you worked something out. I know our cruise that we chose when the other was cancelled was one of our vest cruises ever!

• Like 1