Eclipse Revolution Date Changed

ChuckL

What is an "operational efficiency"?

Hope they use the extra time to get nicer balc furniture including footrests, loungers and larger tables...in and out.  Maybe they can move the smaller tables to the pool deck...used to be nice to have a demi table for drinks and, such

Most of all, hope everyone's revised plans work out fine!

19 minutes ago, hcat said:

What is an "operational efficiency"?

Corporate speak for "We've not getting the yield premium or ROI we had hoped for from EDGE class vessels, or from Revolutionized vessels, so we are deferring some Cap-Ex until 2021 fiscal year rather than 2020"

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

Just had a conversation with my TA who “had” a large group booking on the April 4 Transpacific on Eclipse. We have been offered the following on Solstice: price protection, perks protection, and $100 OBC. At the moment, we are in an Aqua guarantee, but it is over 1 1/2 years out, and things will shake out over time. We also pick up a couple of new ports and an overnight in Tahiti. I am losing a very nice A1 hump cabin. Such is life.

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Corporate speak for "We've not getting the yield premium or ROI we had hoped for from EDGE class vessels, or from Revolutionized vessels, so we are deferring some Cap-Ex until 2021 fiscal year rather than 2020"

I think you are spot on on that assessment. They may also have figured out that they need more time to complete the revolution on these ships. The initial schedule might have been just a teeny tiny bit too tight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Straughn said:

I think you are spot on on that assessment. They may also have figured out that they need more time to complete the revolution on these ships. The initial schedule might have been just a teeny tiny bit too tight.

I was trying to figure out what that meant but I think you and Straughn are on the right track.

6 minutes ago, Straughn said:

Just had a conversation with my TA who “had” a large group booking on the April 4 Transpacific on Eclipse. We have been offered the following on Solstice: price protection, perks protection, and $100 OBC. At the moment, we are in an Aqua guarantee, but it is over 1 1/2 years out, and things will shake out over time. We also pick up a couple of new ports and an overnight in Tahiti. I am losing a very nice A1 hump cabin. Such is life.

My TA forwarded the letter to me. I don't know if yours told you, but the "offer" expires October 8. If you don't rebook by then, you lose everything. 

3 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

My TA forwarded the letter to me. I don't know if yours told you, but the "offer" expires October 8. If you don't rebook by then, you lose everything. 

She didn’t have to tell me the expiration date. I told her to make the change. 

• Like 1

Celebrity has yet to update the Eclipse's web page: https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-eclipse still shows the old date.

Too bad, we were looking forward to a post-Revolutionized Eclipse cruise in early 2021, but I don't think it's enough of a reason not to go. The itinerary is just what we were looking for and differs from the other early 2021 Solstice and Eclipse trips.

Edited by taxatty

On 9/24/2019 at 3:41 PM, ChuckL said:

We were on the 10 Night April 22 sailing from Honolulu to  Vancouver which was replaced with another cruise. I contacted Celebrity and have re-booked on the 11 Night Solstice Honolulu to Vancouver Cruise. We had really wanted to sail on a Revolutionized ship and were planning 5 nights in Honolulu pre-cruise. Oh well. We’ll have 2 nights in Honolulu pre-cruise, 2 in Vancouver/Seattle and an overnight in Maui on the cruise. Not so bad after all!

Same thing happened to us.  I just got finished with my TA rebooking us.  I'm not at all disappointed even if our room isn't quite as good as before.  Celebrity was more than fair, though I can imagine that a lot of people might not feel that way.

And it's okay with us that it's not Revolutionized.  We're doing the Summit this November so we'll get a taste of the difference.

The Eclipse is now undergoing revolution in March 2021 finishing on 3 April. It is being done in Singapore. We were supposed to be on her going Melbourne to Hawaii. She is instead going from Singapore to Japan. No cruises confirmed for her after she gets to Japan yet

We booked the first post revolution cruise to experience the revolution. Prices reflected the refurb. We still have our cruise but of course no new features. these things happen but it would be nice to hear about them from celebrity rather than finding out from other travellers

6 hours ago, Beanb41 said:

The Eclipse is now undergoing revolution in March 2021 finishing on 3 April. It is being done in Singapore. We were supposed to be on her going Melbourne to Hawaii. She is instead going from Singapore to Japan. No cruises confirmed for her after she gets to Japan yet

Not sure if you saw the post above. This was posted:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4503/

Part of the press release said: " The change in schedule has allowed the cruise line to add two new 2020 Asia sailings traveling roundtrip from Singapore and calling in Vietnam and Thailand, as well as three new 2021 sailings, including a visit to the Great Barrier Reef out of Melbourne; a sailing to Vietnam, Taiwan and Japan; and a Japan and Bering Sea transpacific sailing out of Tokyo."

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Not sure if you saw the post above. This was posted:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4503/

Part of the press release said: " The change in schedule has allowed the cruise line to add two new 2020 Asia sailings traveling roundtrip from Singapore and calling in Vietnam and Thailand, as well as three new 2021 sailings, including a visit to the Great Barrier Reef out of Melbourne; a sailing to Vietnam, Taiwan and Japan; and a Japan and Bering Sea transpacific sailing out of Tokyo."

VT Cruiser thank you and yes I had seen the comments. I first heard about the change whilst checking My Celebrity and it indicated there that there was a change of position but the cruise was going all the way to Hawaii which clearly is not the case. When I went to the Celebrity website to check the itinerary of the amended cruises the section Tokyo to Vancouver was not up or at least I couldn't find it. I have since seen the change. Typically with New Zealand travel agents it took a call from me for them to let me know about the change. We have until 8 October to change cruises to maintain current costings and benefits on the Solstice also leaving in April 2021 for Hawaii. When checking the cruise calendar for this cruise our class of cabin is not available. Apparently X have blocked out a number of cabins for the change. On a positive note is that if our class of cabin is no available on 8th October we will be upgraded to the next highest class. This could prove interesting.

13 minutes ago, Beanb41 said:

VT Cruiser thank you and yes I had seen the comments. I first heard about the change whilst checking My Celebrity and it indicated there that there was a change of position but the cruise was going all the way to Hawaii which clearly is not the case. When I went to the Celebrity website to check the itinerary of the amended cruises the section Tokyo to Vancouver was not up or at least I couldn't find it. I have since seen the change. Typically with New Zealand travel agents it took a call from me for them to let me know about the change. We have until 8 October to change cruises to maintain current costings and benefits on the Solstice also leaving in April 2021 for Hawaii. When checking the cruise calendar for this cruise our class of cabin is not available. Apparently X have blocked out a number of cabins for the change. On a positive note is that if our class of cabin is no available on 8th October we will be upgraded to the next highest class. This could prove interesting.

Oh good, hope it all works out. We have relatives in Paraparaumu so always hoping the best for Kiwis! 🙂

I only just booked last week ! 

Just found out I'm going to be on the last cruise out of Melbourne before her makeover.

Such a shame I booked thinking it was going to be after the make over.

Still I'm sure it will still be lovely and well have an awesome time.

Well I hope so, I hope things on board won't be changed or cut back as it going in to dry dock after our cruise as we on board for 14 nights ! 

Hi

I only found out about this change through Cruise Critic its great to be part of the site and informed as I have had no formal notification .

I contacted my TA as our cruise was booked with departing from Melbourne in Feb 2021 and taking in New Zealand now its going to Singapore with added dates they are still under the impression that that cruise still exists as Celebrity has not contacted them , Im still waiting on a reply from them.

I then checked my Celebrity Account and found that the cruise was now the one ending in Singapore , I will now have to they and re gig my Annual Leave as we are required to have it requested by this month , but with additional dates it might not be authorised  complete lack of communication from Celebrity and TA .

Thanks to cruise critic members that it has came to light.

2 minutes ago, amoscotti said:

Hi

I only found out about this change through Cruise Critic its great to be part of the site and informed as I have had no formal notification .

I contacted my TA as our cruise was booked with departing from Melbourne in Feb 2021 and taking in New Zealand now its going to Singapore with added dates they are still under the impression that that cruise still exists as Celebrity has not contacted them , Im still waiting on a reply from them.

I then checked my Celebrity Account and found that the cruise was now the one ending in Singapore , I will now have to they and re gig my Annual Leave as we are required to have it requested by this month , but with additional dates it might not be authorised  complete lack of communication from Celebrity and TA .

Thanks to cruise critic members that it has came to light.

Sorry that you have had to go through this- hope it works out for you. 

Hi

VT cruising 

Thanks for your thoughts , have looked at an Azamara cruise from Cape Town as a possible back up fro Feb 2021 but hope  we can get the Eclipse one sorted , was looking forward to the upgrade to the Eclipse.

We were on the Edge earlier in the year and we did enjoy the new ship. 

amoscotti

Also sorry to hear about this. That was a horrible lack of communication from the TA or the cruise line. Hope that you can keep your modified original plans, but it’s great to know that you were able to find an alternative if needed!

On 9/24/2019 at 7:00 PM, Straughn said:

Interesting when compared to the renovations and costs being put into RCCL ships.  Oasis alone will cost  $165M for its "amplification".  

Celebrity have pulled a crafty one. For the best of a year (based on UK prices we have been following) Eclipse has been priced above Solstice for the Singapore to Sydney cruises and subsequent Aus / NZ cruises.  Priced higher to probably reflect the refurbishment, better Suite facilities etc..... now they delay the refurbishment.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:15 PM, DYKWIA said:

Celebrity have pulled a crafty one. For the best of a year (based on UK prices we have been following) Eclipse has been priced above Solstice for the Singapore to Sydney cruises and subsequent Aus / NZ cruises.  Priced higher to probably reflect the refurbishment, better Suite facilities etc..... now they delay the refurbishment.

It likely has more to do with the shipyards.  It is very likely that delaying planned renovations and changing schedules is costing them a lot of money.