New Sunset Suites and Solo Cabins To Be Added To The Revolutionized Silhouette

vtcruising

Groryjm pointed out in the Silhouette Revolution Info thread yesterday that the article that Gordencruikshank posted mentioned all new Sunset Suites to be added to the Silhouette. I mentioned that a new thread about this might be interesting - since no one has started it, here it is.

This is the article Gordoncruikshank posted. There are some renditions of the new shaded area on the lawn.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/discover-magazine/news-events/celebrity-silhouette-revolution/

This was the wording - if you look under accommodation below, you can see that they plan to add "4 inside single cabins" and 4 "Sunset Suites". I think it's great that there are solo cabins - hope they are reasonably priced.

I am really intrigued with the Sunset Suites - I am hoping they are aft suites and affordable for us. Has anyone heard where they might place these? There are 4 aft S2's on 12, but I'm not sure how much they could improve upon those to make them a new category. I suppose they could take 4 of the aft corner S1's and add the concierge cabin next door to make 4 larger suites. Hope someone here knows something! 🙂

I wonder if the other S Class revolutionized ships will have the same additions?

"Celebrity Silhouette® - Revolution Upgrades

Accomodation 

• Staterooms stylishly refreshed with new bedding, drapes, balcony furniture, and more.
  • Celebrity’s eXhale™ bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere℠ mattresses.
  • 4 inside single staterooms designed with the solo traveler in mind.
  • Four new Sunset Suites, featuring a luxurious, all-new design and access to the unparalleled services and amenities of The Retreat®, including the sundeck, lounge, and Luminae.

The Retreat® - Exclusively for Suite Class guests

• All-new suite design and finishes by acclaimed design firm Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) 
  • The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive open-air hideaway for suite guests designed by Kelly Hoppen, featuring a bar, hot tub, luxurious new cabanas, loungers, artwork, and more 
  • The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club), an exclusive 24/7 lounge for Suite Class guests designed by Kelly Hoppen and offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, live entertainment, and concierge service 
  •  

Restaurants, Lounges & Public Spaces

• Craft Social (formerly Cellar Masters), a casual spot featuring more than 40 craft beers (and an expert to guide you through them), wine and cocktails on tap, comfort food favorites, flat-screen TVs, and inviting leather seating.
  • An updated Lawn Club featuring eight refreshed Alcoves, an oversized outdoor movie screen, and a new shaded lounge area complete with banquette seating and hammocks. 
  • An upgraded Sunset Bar perfect for kicking back, sipping cocktails, and soaking up some of the best views aboard. 
  • Sleek new décor in Passport Bar. 
  • Digital Photo Gallery. "

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Will take the "Unrevolutionized" ships as long as I can. Really hate that they are expanding cabins and therfore numbers of passengers and reducing public space, like Sky Lounge. Crystal did just the opposite with Serenity. I see more passenger rudeness and a downturn in service as real possibilities. I hope I'm wrong! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I looked at the future deck plan and it looks like they took away the Ilounge (on 6) and the Card Room (on 9) to put 4 insides in each space. None of them are labeled "single" so not sure which ones are the new solos (or they may remodel 4 of the smallest existing ones as solos) - 2 insides where the Card Room is now are oddly shaped and huge - those will go fast most likely.

Scroll down to deck plans and make sure you hit the drop down and are in 03 May 2020-28 Mar 2021:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-silhouette

Eliminating the Card Room will only create more problems finding seats in Al Bacio and other venues. It really sounds like the airlines when they wanted to squeeze more passengers in Coach to increase profit margins. How has that worked out for the less than Business Class passenger?

• Like 2

I am definitely going to look at booking Silhouette when the new cruises are released. I loved the ship and many things look like nice improvements to me. The suites and non-suite staterooms look nicely done.  We don't use the card room, though sorry for those who do hang out there. I'm assuming there will be an Ilounge somewhere. Those strips of lawn weren't a huge draw for us - I like the seating area and assume the Sunset Bar will service that area. Nice Sailaway place...

1 minute ago, Orator said:

Eliminating the Card Room will only create more problems finding seats in Al Bacio and other venues. It really sounds like the airlines when they wanted to squeeze more passengers in Coach to increase profit margins. How has that worked out for the less than Business Class passenger?

True, I didn't think of that creating more of a demand at CAB and probably OVC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

True, I didn't think of that creating more of a demand at CAB and probably OVC.

Wish they could stop card  playing at Baccio...too many table hogs and loud chatter have  completely ruined the ambiance of having a nice tea or coffee with biscotti or cookies with a  guitar player in the afternoon.

Same with tables at Solarium cafe and buffet.  Only way to do that would have been to create a really nice card playing space...like the area where they put in Tuscan or Q sine on some ships,or the hideaway..with coffee and snacks.

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, DancerOT said:

It would be really nice if they could create a solo cabin that wasn't an inside.  I would definitely look at a solo cabin, but an inside?  For a surcharge?  No thank you

I was a little surprised too. I wonder if it is because they want the singles to be smaller in size and the verandas are all bigger? I guess the inside solos will work for some.

4 hours ago, lizinindy said:

I thought the schedule was for the Silhouette to be revolutionized in January but according to this new cabins configuration, it's not happening until later in 2020? Did they change the revolution date for the Silly?

Feb 14, 2020 is the first post-revolution cruise, I believe. I think the deck maps are not coordinated with the sail dates (let's hope).

As they didn't get the new Signature suites and Reflection suites into Equinox due to a redivert to Cadiz. Prehaps now that Freeport is back on the cards there will be time to add the Sunset suites to Silly in the sky confrence area with out altering the the sky lounge?

1398087999_Sunset3.jpg.406585abdfb0438390a8b0c4df37c4a7.jpg

472396036_Sunset2.jpg.15b2cc5a0b3021c4558051442c53cc60.jpg

Placing them where the Reflection and Signatures were going to go would make some sense, but unsure why they would not just leave them as Reflection and Signatures (since they had to cancel people in those suites that were already booked) - certainly possible as who knows why they changed their minds.

I too am leaning toward thinking that the Sunset Suites are aft since X has called cabins back there Sunset Verandas. It seems like they would make them a step up from the Sky Suites and either put an S1 aft together with an adjacent cabin or other aft cabin combinations so that they can have a separate bedroom, table and chairs, larger bath, larger balcony. If so, it would be a nice addition to S Class suite choices. I can also seeing them leaving the same footprint and making the 4 S2's on 12 the Sunset Suites (maybe with some added features to distinguish them from the S2's below).

Whatever they do, they should probably roll it out soon since the sail date is coming up fast. 🙂

• Like 1

I talked to someone at Celebrity and they went up the chain to try to track this down, but they had no further info. She thought they might possibly have more info in the next 2 weeks.

I did find a suites amenities table that had Sunset Suites in it - they were positioned between the CS and the SS, so maybe a bit of an upgrade from the SS. Below is part of that table - you can see the blue stripe to the right that has an SI in it (for Silhouette) - the heading has the Sunset Suite listed (there is an drop down arrow there that covers part of the word Sunset). Maybe only the Silhouette will have them, since it only lists SI under the Sunset Suites?

image.thumb.png.86143023410c912224baf6645c117110.png

• Like 1